Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Zuckeberg definitely spent a lot of money to get brands and celebrities into his twitter clone

It seems to be most of what is there at the moment: famous people and big brands posting about how wonderful thread is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

zetamind2000 posted:

return to irc, it will never fail you

this is why I like discord so much and why I'm bummed they are loving with it.

you have the capability to have archived information for long term availability, a better social interaction in a giant group chat, easy of creating your own, and voice and video integration.

edit: not to mention that it seems to be the last bastion of the internet where if you don't want to see nazis and bigots you absolutely don't have to.

discord has been a real boon to the Queer community and for that at least I'm thankful

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

America did make a TikTok, it was called Vine and it was glorious

vine was destroyed by VCs. :rip:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

moist turtleneck posted:

and then twitter killed it, which in turn was killed by elong

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Facebook barely works and sucks at everything why would I want their version of twitter

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Nothus posted:

and then twitter killed it, which in turn was killed by elong

shittification oroborous

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”
go ahead cspam give your data to zuckerberg

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lol for some reason instagram barely works on my browser if there's a video autoplaying I can't scroll past it it just forces my window to scroll back up to it

lol zucc

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol for some reason instagram barely works on my browser if there's a video autoplaying I can't scroll past it it just forces my window to scroll back up to it

lol zucc

that's probably intentional, you must pivot to video

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

What are you going to do about it?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

FINE

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

displeased?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Can't wait to sign up to this new Twitter clone that's been banned in the EU

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/Shotgunhunter1/status/1677006651533021184?t=CiKSYA-onFNbk58S2Gj-Og&s=19

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

moist turtleneck posted:

musk really makes the vine shutdown look like business as usual in comparison

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Elias_Maluco posted:

Zuckeberg definitely spent a lot of money to get brands and celebrities into his twitter clone

It seems to be most of what is there at the moment: famous people and big brands posting about how wonderful thread is
Quibi ad campaign-rear end social media

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

design is his passion

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

oh yeah I forgot elon said he was bringing vine back. working hard thank you!

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
I work in digital marketing within our org's external comms team. Our ads/organic data show that FB is no longer worth it, and audience growth has drastically stalled out.

IG does okay, but nowhere near what it was doing for us before they changed something in their algo last year, especially when they removed the Recent Posts tab from hashtag search, which we all know they did to force small businesses to cough up that ad money.

We don't even bother with Twitter at this point, either.

They used Snapchat before but quickly abandoned it because our audience wasn't there.

Meanwhile, we just upped our Ad budget on LinkedIn/TikTok because it is killing it for our lead generation, and audience growth has soared in the last few years.

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1677023426618314756?t=uML1Q4s1t7mQlUtVq9f2dA&s=19

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

SyRauk posted:

Meanwhile, we just upped our Ad budget on LinkedIn

the grimmest platform

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I haven't kept up with this thread for a few weeks. Did he seriously make it so you must log in to view anything except embedded tweets? Does this dude just want zero money from the bird site?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

he should do it

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
uh oh elon

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

i'm rewatching succession and in the first episode when kendall becomes interim ceo and the stock tanks he looks at a graph of the stock price plummeting and says "this is an exact measurement of how much people dislike me"

i hope zuck boasting about signups makes musk feel the same thing

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

let them fight

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

DrPossum posted:

shittification oroborous

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

let them fight

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

the part of twitter that everyone loves is the out of touch and unlikable billionaire ceo posting inane poo poo all the time

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Lol, this is fake right?

Right?

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Does SA count as social media? What's Jeffrey doing with my data? Good things I hope!

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

Just a Moron posted:

Lol, this is fake right?

Right?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

hmm this is a tough one... outback steakhouse definitely evokes the vibe of the untamed wilderness that is part of so many of indy's adventures, however buffalo wild wings has "wild" in the name which describes indy SO well... and then there's applebees, with its obsession with the america of the past, I think the paralells there are obvious. I dunno! like I said its a real "toughie"!

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
I paid for platinum just fine here but when I got my avi my bank immediately flagged the charge as suspicious and charge backed and cancelled my card

dunno what the gently caress payment processor lowtax was using at the time (last year of his tenure)

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Elon shouldn't have let his mom cancel the fight.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol lowtax using a payment processo r

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Applebee's. So, what are the other questions?

(I have never gone to applebee's my guess is that they look like a lost temple inside)