Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'll give you a million doll hairs if you can guess what happens to a Seasonal Socket when the season ends and the socketed item goes into the non-seasonal realm where only regular sockets exist and not seasonal sockets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Theotus posted:

You'll never find a Shako in the first place, no worries.

Yes I will, jokes on you.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
They delete the entire item, along with your character, once the season is over

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I actually like the look of seaweed horse.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

They delete the entire item, along with your character, once the season is over

Wish we could delete your posts.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'll give you a million doll hairs if you can guess what happens to a Seasonal Socket when the season ends and the socketed item goes into the non-seasonal realm where only regular sockets exist and not seasonal sockets

Depends on if they decide to keep the mechanic or not. Gems currently suck rear end so it wouldn't surprise me if they do keep it just to have something worth putting in sockets.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Swilo posted:

The launcher says the maintenance window is from 2-5 PM pacific.

This is actually cool and good because it's exactly how Diablo 2 did it and everybody loves Diablo 2 :rolleyes:

So I saw that though they're patching, the game is still running. I decided to start collecting my alter backlog and found all mobs that spawn after you grab a statue are spawning either under the map or out of bounds

If this is caused by the patch being live deployed, dunno why they'd let players play the game in this state.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I put the jayums in the sawkit

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

HKR posted:

So I saw that though they're patching, the game is still running. I decided to start collecting my alter backlog and found all mobs that spawn after you grab a statue are spawning either under the map or out of bounds

If this is caused by the patch being live deployed, dunno why they'd let players play the game in this state.

That’s been in the game since release. It hasn’t happened to me, but several friends had the issue.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

HKR posted:

No, this happened to me several times when I was collecting them all a few weeks back. Happens on certain quests and world events, too. And just for kicks, sometimes completely random mobs will spawn underground for no reason at all!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

They're employing high skill plays to avoid getting killed. I think you are a noob for falling for it

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

HKR posted:

I had this too, but only before WT3, I always figured they were hell tide mobs or something that for some reason were visible but not there since hell tides aren't in WT1 and WT2.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
class wheel has decided s1 for me

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
https://diablo4.blizzard.com/en-gb/season

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

IcePhoenix posted:

Diablo Immoral: There Will Be Hell Toupee

Not sure why this isn't the thread title yet. Or is it the thread title for Immortal now?

Either way I think we all need this.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

hawowanlawow posted:

was the KFC tie in stuff cool looking? obviously not cool enough to go to KFC

I liked the bow. It was the only red/black accented bow skin so that was nice considering you can't color swap the weapons for whatever reason.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The actual Immortal thread was closed a long time ago iirc

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I didn't see the stream but read through maxroll summary. It looks like the season is just additional loot complexity, a boss fight, and the battlepass?

Is the endgame going to be different than it is today, other than taking longer to farm "optimal" gear?

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

class wheel has decided s1 for me

:hmmyes:

i will decide my class on july 18th when they drop the patch notes

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I have had every class 50+ die on HC so I'm not sure what I'm suppose to kill next in season 1. I guess start over with necro

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
Patch notes are up. Seems like a bunch of small fixes but no real balance changes.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-gb/diablo4/23964909/diablo-iv-patch-notes

Also, lol

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Aexo posted:

I tried what you said for about 45min yesterday, and probably another hour across a few different times previously. None of that worked for me. Maybe it'll work for other people.

What worked for me was setting the background FPS to 1, starting the conversation, alt+tabbing till they yell (something they never did before), and running after the barricade with them. This doesn't reset the dungeon at all. But since it worked for me and several other people on Reddit, I decided to share it here to maybe help someone else.

not an option for consoles and anecdotally didn’t work for my partner on PC. glad it seemed to have worked but i’ve seen handfuls of people agree with each kind of voodoo around getting the quest to work whether or not it does anything. hopefully these patch notes i haven’t read yet have mentioned that it’s fixed

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

big cummers ONLY posted:

I didn't see the stream but read through maxroll summary. It looks like the season is just additional loot complexity, a boss fight, and the battlepass?

Is the endgame going to be different than it is today, other than taking longer to farm "optimal" gear?

The new boss is in some sort of new dungeon type. I hope they're more interesting than nightmare dungeons.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

funny that I didn't think I'd be paralyzed to choose what Barb stuff to go with but so many of them are equally fun/funny. Doing group games and Spartan kicking skeletons into a Necro's bone prison is top tier poo poo

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

quote:

Fixed an issue where the Weekly Reward Cache for defeating a World Boss would display as available if there was an active Whisper for defeating the boss, even when the Cache had already been claimed previously.

quote:

The cap for crafting materials has been increased from 999 to 9999.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Gadzuko posted:

Patch notes are up. Seems like a bunch of small fixes but no real balance changes.

Also, lol

frustrating that they didnt fix the barbarian bleed bugs

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Bardeh posted:

The new boss is in some sort of new dungeon type. I hope they're more interesting than nightmare dungeons.

I have to be missing something. That sounds like a Diablo3-tier season

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

big cummers ONLY posted:

I have to be missing something. That sounds like a Diablo3-tier season

There was a 90 minute video today where they discussed the new content

There's also a product page you can read!

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Gadzuko posted:

Also, lol

Ran into all of these and are glad they're fixed

quote:

Fixed multiple issues where Quest progress would be blocked if the player used a Town Portal during specific sequences.
Fixed an issue where the Forgotten Depths dungeon had one fewer prisoner to release than intended.
Fixed an issue where teleporting to Wejinhani during the Witch of the Wastes quest would force the player to drop the Vial of Quicksilver, despite the town being an allowed area for the quest.
Fixed an issue where the Cultist's Refuge, Howling Warren and Luban’s Rest dungeons couldn't be completed if the Butcher appeared and was not killed.

lollin at all these though

quote:

Fixed an issue where the player could not rotate when casting a Channeled Skill if using a one-hand weapon with no off-hand item equipped.
Fixed an issue where Aspects that deal flat damage imprinted through the Codex of Power scaled with player level instead of item power.
Fixed an issue where Cheat Death effects would not trigger if you died while mounted.
Fixed an issue where players on Console would be unable to navigate the Shop after using the Buy More Platinum button.
Fixed an issue where the cost of the Sturdy Saddle Cosmetic from the Stable Vendor would scale with the player character's Level.

And of course these are all welcome

quote:

Gameplay Adjustments
Helltide chests can now drop Unique items.
The bosses Vhenard, Brol, and Cyhrach have had their health pools and damage output reduced.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

quote:

Fixed an issue where the cost of the Sturdy Saddle Cosmetic from the Stable Vendor would scale with the player character's Level.

lol i was wondering about that one

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Gadzuko posted:

Also, lol

thats a lot of bug fixes.. some hilarious bugs i never ran into

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

- The tedious nature of resetting your skills and paragon points, which is on their radar for making more pleasant at some point in the future one day probably maybe

that is insane. manually resetting paragon points and redoing the board is stupid as hell and the biggest reason why I'm not trying more builds. I'm thinking of how easy it is to switch loadouts in Destiny 2 (for example)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
At this rate we won't hit 1.1 until Smarch!

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.

harrygomm posted:

not an option for consoles and anecdotally didn’t work for my partner on PC. glad it seemed to have worked but i’ve seen handfuls of people agree with each kind of voodoo around getting the quest to work whether or not it does anything. hopefully these patch notes i haven’t read yet have mentioned that it’s fixed

Yeah it sucks it's not an option for console players, but could be a solution for PC players so still worth sharing, if still not addressed in this patch.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

ex post facho posted:

that is insane. manually resetting paragon points and redoing the board is stupid as hell and the biggest reason why I'm not trying more builds. I'm thinking of how easy it is to switch loadouts in Destiny 2 (for example)

It feels like someone at the helm wants your build to be a Commitment and they have people undermining their effort and giving us this current system where you CAN fully respec at a totally negligible cost, but it's a colossal pain in the rear end

I should be able to save a full build with items, transmogs, skills, and paragon points to a Loadout Slot and change between them with a single button press. gently caress you until I can do that, tbqh

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

quote:

You can still only craft 20 units at a time, though, because… reasons, I assume. :allears:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I relaly care about what happens to non seasonal characters.

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It feels like someone at the helm wants your build to be a Commitment and they have people undermining their effort and giving us this current system where you CAN fully respec at a totally negligible cost, but it's a colossal pain in the rear end

I should be able to save a full build with items, transmogs, skills, and paragon points to a Loadout Slot and change between them with a single button press. gently caress you until I can do that, tbqh

Yeah, as a freak who doesn't mind replaying campaigns over and over in traditional ARPGS, rolling characters for different builds makes some sense there but does not work with an open world imo. Once you go open world just have loadouts and level once per class

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Season of Maligma Balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

SHISHKABOB posted:

I relaly care about what happens to non seasonal characters.

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lolllll fuckin' classic :cheers: