Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

I love KD he's a petty goon at heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Papes posted:

Kobe built his legacy being carried by shaq, pau, and 6 pallbearers

If the dude had a coffin it was mostly as a formality.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dexo posted:

https://www.hoopgrids.com/

Today's is mean if you are someone who has never thought about the Kings, Nuggets or Charlotte bobcats/hornets defensive players in more than passing.

The Kings one I ended up having to just like think about dudes with defensive reputations who moved around a fair amount who played on the kings at some point and got one after 3 guesses. Then I looked it up and felt stupid for not remembering the more obvious one.

|DJ Augustin really is the goat in this game lol.

It's stupid that the player list is all time but the franchises aren't. Like it won't accept Tiny Archibald because he was a Kansas City King and not a Sacramento one.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Gave Scottie Barnes an awkward high five/fist bump at the Wynn. He probably didn’t want to talk to me

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

I feel like if I'm a team like Boston that is hording second round picks I would want to beat this. I know he didn't have a great season last year but he at least shows more potential than you statistically get from two or three second round picks.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Dexo posted:

https://www.hoopgrids.com/

Today's is mean if you are someone who has never thought about the Kings, Nuggets or Charlotte bobcats/hornets defensive players in more than passing.

The Kings one I ended up having to just like think about dudes with defensive reputations who moved around a fair amount who played on the kings at some point and got one after 3 guesses. Then I looked it up and felt stupid for not remembering the more obvious one.

|DJ Augustin really is the goat in this game lol.

Only one I was blanking on was the Boston/Denver overlap. Probably someone obvious, but oh well. It was good opportunity to remember Gerald Wallace and Doug Christie. I feel like *wags finger* was an easy one for the Nuggets.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Blind Pineapple posted:

Only one I was blanking on was the Boston/Denver overlap. Probably someone obvious, but oh well. It was good opportunity to remember Gerald Wallace and Doug Christie. I feel like *wags finger* was an easy one for the Nuggets.

The other elite player to always think about for this game: Jeff Green

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

WhyteRyce posted:

Gave Scottie Barnes an awkward high five/fist bump at the Wynn. He probably didn’t want to talk to me

Never change

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1677059980544069632

Paging RD

End of an Era.

*hangs a picture of Marko up next to Blakeney, Pargo and Zipser*

Windy City Bulls Legends.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

https://twitter.com/MiamiHEAT/status/1677057147761307653

wow, barry jackson was wrong???

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

cedi is the best european spur of all time

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
After watching him play one game, I can say that Chet holmgren still plays basketball with the intent of, but not the deviousness or efficacy of, a 90s serial killer. If he doesn't break in half before then he is going to be the toughest player in the league when Adams retires.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Could be the beginnings of a bigger trade.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Ghost Dog posted:

cedi is the best european spur of all time

Boris Diaw erasure

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

dokmo posted:

After watching him play one game, I can say that Chet holmgren still plays basketball with the intent of, but not the deviousness or efficacy of, a 90s serial killer. If he doesn't break in half before then he is going to be the toughest player in the league when Adams retires.

He wants to kill someone with a legal blocked shot but hasn't sat down to think about how it's possible.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Blind Pineapple posted:

I went with Chauncey Billups but Jeff Green works too. Took me forever to remember Vlade Divac’s name

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

dokmo posted:

Everyone that covers the Thunder says on this current roster he's by far the cockiest. He spent this last year just wanting to block NBA shots.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jul 6, 2023

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Gross

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1676974041020637184?s=19

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

droppingdimes had the scoops on this like 2 days ago smh bleacher report

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AHCfZTRGiI

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Aye Doc posted:

droppingdimes had the scoops on this like 2 days ago smh bleacher report

It had already leaked elsewhere before dimes posted about it

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Strawberry Panda posted:

Could be the beginnings of a bigger trade.

it could be, but i am a barry jackson slander account

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
What is even the point of doing a Kobe edition now? Is there even a veneer of an interesting reason beyond "more people buy Kobe stuff"?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

What is even the point of doing a Kobe edition now? Is there even a veneer of an interesting reason beyond "more people buy Kobe stuff"?

it's actually a jayson tatum cover but he was just extremely adamant about dressing like kobe for the photoshoot and having it referred to as "the Kobe Bryant cover"

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Why the gently caress isn't it Jokic

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Hmmm why would the company obsessed with micro transactions and soul deadening corporate cross promotion sell something dumb people will buy

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

verbal enema posted:

He already agreed to be on the face of one of those Japanese arcade horse racing games

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

If jokic wanted the cover maybe he should wear 24

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

net work error posted:

He already agreed to be on the face of one of those Japanese arcade horse racing games

Probably the better choice

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

net work error posted:

that phone game already makes about $30 million a month i think they're fine without him

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I’m so sorry Metapod

https://twitter.com/keithsmithnba/status/1677061190604951552?s=46&t=Ez4q8Hdhbx46TjcrBESyOA

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

NBA People and Players loving love Kobe.

And now that he's dead, and went through the PR process of cleaning his image for a decade and a half before dying. Most people aren't going to speak ill of the dead. Especially when his death is also tied to his daughter's death.

2k24

verbal enema posted:

These deals have been in place since probably like last year. This one was probably planned long before most are normally.
Because yeah, this is almost because it's 2K24.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1677080059004452865?t=56wFNERsuQb79G8i43pA9A&s=19

Oh yeah, the Hawks

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Anyway, I hope the PC version is the current gen, rather than last gen. I will actually buy it again.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Rick posted:

He wants to kill someone with a legal blocked shot but hasn't sat down to think about how it's possible.

In 2 years chet will have put on 25lbs and will have the strength to kill lebron on the court after bronny throws him a lob pass.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Dexo posted:

Anyway, I hope the PC version is the current gen, rather than last gen. I will actually buy it again.

this will never happen, because it would bring too much joy to the world

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Britney says all she did was tap Victors shoulder and wants an apology

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug
Kobe was just a man before his time (the MeToo era)

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

WhyteRyce posted:

Britney says all she did was tap Victors shoulder and wants an apology

She should get one. But it’s America where we’ve normalized extreme violence in easy to de-escalate situations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Hand down man down