Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Al! posted:

if i have to manually cycle the bolt every time just make all of the sniper rifles one shot one kill on center mass, and penetrating

you can change the bolts for this but i forget what kill count it was since i just went to town for a couple of games and unlocked it all. its the first 15 kills that were annoying af.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Mr Interweb posted:

can't believe e3 is pretty much completely dead :smith:

Bro, E3 ended years ago, you have to move on, there's nobody here, I'm not here either...you have to let go..

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

a.lo posted:

Bro, E3 ended years ago, you have to move on, there's nobody here, I'm not here either...you have to let go..

i know we haven't e3 for a couple of years but that was primarily due to the pandemic. once it was over (and yes, i know it's not over) i thought we'd go back to normal

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mr Interweb posted:

can't believe e3 is pretty much completely dead :smith:
its their fault for getting rid of booth babes

go woke go broke

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnH6gxxsVBY

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

E3 should spice things up by mandating that everyone be nude BUT if you get an erection you get kicked out

"But isn't this bigoted against people with penises" - Yeah?? So what?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sOWUOSnwrY&t=397s

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

played battlebit with this guy earlier and he was tlakign abotu how he likes hitler in voice chat just fyi to any goons

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
its really funny to me that lpzie is secretly a pro gamer. whipped my rear end at street fighter

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

AnimeIsTrash posted:

played battlebit with this guy earlier and he was tlakign abotu how he likes hitler in voice chat just fyi to any goons

same I played with him and he just kept talking about how much he loved glenn greenwald really weird

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Al! posted:

its really funny to me that lpzie is secretly a pro gamer. whipped my rear end at street fighter

thats nothing, you should see him play barotrauma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slPtgJDYXwA

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Stefan Prodan posted:

same I played with him and he just kept talking about how much he loved glenn greenwald really weird

Wow sounds really cool!!!

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

in memory of LaLD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CN-Cm_zkkM

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Sylink posted:

Unlocks are dumb just make it all available.

any unlocks should be purely cosmetic don't make me grind with poo poo i don't want to use before i get to poo poo i do want to use

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
unlocks are neccesary so people are forced to use famas ironsights

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

im fine with unlocking things but it should be a bit open-ended so that you can get the stuff you want quickly instead of waiting till fuckin lvl 100 to get the drat vector :argh:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

unlocks are neccesary so people are forced to use famas ironsights

finding out the famas ironsights irl are complete dogshit shocked me. They're like joke sights

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
iron sights? just get a monitor with one of those dead-center aim point overlays

EDIT: Crosshair X on Steam can also do this for you

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

finding out the famas ironsights irl are complete dogshit shocked me. They're like joke sights

Just absolute dogshit, it's hilarious.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

smh if you cant easily pop hipfire headshots

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

i can't aim for poo poo in any game so ngl the claymore crusader poo poo is the most intrigued i've been in battlebit or whatever since i first heard of it

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

iron sights? just get a monitor with one of those dead-center aim point overlays

EDIT: Crosshair X on Steam can also do this for you

battlebit is a bit off-center when shooting from the hip.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

unfortunately I've got those bad middle-age genes where I now get incredibly motion sick playing first person shooty stuff, like I need to lie down after a few hours. glad to hear battlebit is meeting all the needs of the thread tho

Griz
May 21, 2001

Kitfox88 posted:

i can't aim for poo poo in any game so ngl the claymore crusader poo poo is the most intrigued i've been in battlebit or whatever since i first heard of it

i can't aim either so i make it my personal mission to rpg every window where I think there's a sniper until there's nowhere left for them to hide

also trying to passively herd people is neat. if you pop smoke everyone will move up, a few well placed hesco blocks can secure an entire flank, and no one ever expects people placing a sandbag to vault over an otherwise unclimbable wall.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

speaking of shooters its funny how bad blizzard hosed up overwatch. i was thinking the other day if valve hadn't completely abandoned TF2 blizzard would probably be out of business

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Griz posted:

i can't aim either so i make it my personal mission to rpg every window where I think there's a sniper until there's nowhere left for them to hide

also trying to passively herd people is neat. if you pop smoke everyone will move up, a few well placed hesco blocks can secure an entire flank, and no one ever expects people placing a sandbag to vault over an otherwise unclimbable wall.

grappling hook ftw for this reason too

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Finally getting around to doing more main quest poo poo in TOTK. Loving the lightning temple so far, they nailed the Indiana Jones vibes of exploring a pyramid

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

the thing about Battlebit is that all the guns are basically good enough and improve with attachments, but the starter ARs, the SAW, and the Kriss are slightly better than the others in a way that is largely meaningless. preference matters more when TTK is measured in fractions of a second

that being said I’m sure they’ll nerf the vector and do some general balancing, which I would welcome. it’s gonna take me fuckin forever to unlock everything anyway I’m only level 80 and I’ve been playing a lot, hard to imagine ever unlocking all the various attachments anyway

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Grapplejack posted:

total nonsense sights, absolutely, like trying to not gently caress up an obtuse eye exam so your prescription isnt weird except youre being shot at the whole time

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
thats why snake didnt use them in mgs1

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

has anyone said battleshit yet

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

icantfindaname posted:

speaking of shooters its funny how bad blizzard hosed up overwatch. i was thinking the other day if valve hadn't completely abandoned TF2 blizzard would probably be out of business

Valve has their own experience splitting a user base for a half-assed sequel please see thread title

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Ok I guess ill buy battlebit and die a lot

Griz
May 21, 2001

DoombatINC posted:

total nonsense sights, absolutely, like trying to not gently caress up an obtuse eye exam so your prescription isnt weird except youre being shot at the whole time

the current gen chinese QBZ bullpup series has the same horrible "tiny aperture on the carry handle" irons but at least they put the front sight out on a post and were designed to fit optics (the famas wasn't)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

drat horror queefs posted:

Within 24 hours of Starfield's release there will be hundreds of mods catering to every fetish imaginable so the base game's dating availability is not going to matter.

You want non-gender-specific dating sims.

I want a fully nude Garfield with a mudcrab for a face and a huge hairy dick.

We are not the same.

I want to gently caress with the, the space ships. The big ones. Really work it in, you know

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
wake up honey, new Destiny-like dropped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqCxyt5QRSg

(I actually really like the weapon sounds)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Goa Tse-tung posted:

wake up honey, new Destiny-like dropped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqCxyt5QRSg

(I actually really like the weapon sounds)

if you see a bug hole, NUKE IT

COME ON YOU APES, YOU WANNA LIVE FOREVER?!

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
2d helldivers was great but 3d helldivers will have a hard time living up to EDF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Cuttlefush posted:

2d helldivers was great but 3d helldivers will have a hard time living up to EDF

yeah 2d helldivers was a real gem, but i'm really skeptical about 3d. most developers whiff it and lose what made them interesting, and then end up shutting down. see also Trine

risk of rain 2 kinda pulled it off and a few others. personally, i don't think the game is that good, but i liked it more than 2d ror)