Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love The Kingdom

https://youtu.be/IpRXv6Ukzqg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

theyve been so fun this run, way improved from the sinclair era

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Love Matt Taven

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Total melvin post

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Good show, no obvious standout matches like last week (though Despy/Mack was my personal favorite) but solid wrestling up and down the card.

Did it feel to anyone else as though UE was meant to win their six-man? Everyone seemed a little confused in the immediate aftermath of the finish and even the commentators sounded surprised by Andretti getting the fall.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Good show, no obvious standout matches like last week (though Despy/Mack was my personal favorite) but solid wrestling up and down the card.

Did it feel to anyone else as though UE was meant to win their six-man? Everyone seemed a little confused in the immediate aftermath of the finish and even the commentators sounded surprised by Andretti getting the fall.

Either TJP hosed up (which would be very funny) or he meant to do a 3.1 kickout (which would be even funnier, maybe?)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Barry Bluejeans posted:

No, I think the babyfaces were supposed to win and TJP just decided to do a kickout at 3 to look better.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Tjp showin em how its done lol

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

MassRafTer posted:

No, I think the babyfaces were supposed to win and TJP just decided to do a kickout at 3 to look better.

A second iggy has hit the office

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Bonk posted:

Wrestling thumbtacks are usually filed down by about 1/2 to 3/4. You could see on the close shots that these were full length, which makes it extra :stonk:

They’re 100% not. You know how much work that would be to file thumbtacks down? When Mick Foley would dump out the sack of tacks there was usually approx. 5000 thumbtacks in there. Give wrestlers more credit in being stupid.

They’re just real thumbtacks. The distribution from the impact makes it tolerable when they all go in at once. What sucks is getting just one in you.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
They don't file the tacks themselves, you can get ones that have been shortened in bulk. I've seen them in person.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Bonk posted:

They don't file the tacks themselves, you can get ones that have been shortened in bulk. I've seen them in person.

Where do you buy bulk filed down thumbtacks? I’ve never heard of this and I’ve seen a LOT, like a LOT of just regular rear end metal thumb tacks being used from Home Depot for wrestling shows.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Hardware stores have product variety. I don't know what else to tell you and I don't care enough to get into a weird gotcha argument over it.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/StokelyHathaway/status/1675200797229953024?t=n1RxnC0RuNEwm2iCzAJ7CA&s=19

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Weird match, but sure! Okay! https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1676304878585671680?t=LZ_dzwAsu-mUzBZNACtcNQ&s=19

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Should be fun! Also - as far as I can tell - it's the first six-way match in the history of AEW or TK's ROH, so that's something.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Unnecessary 4 & 6 ways are very classic ROH.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

forkboy84 posted:

Unnecessary 4 & 6 ways are very classic ROH.

Every episode should open with a scramble

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

loving a, powerbomb on the railing

These guys gel really well together

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Tony's gotta sign Gringo Loco.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

I don't know if I've ever heard Big Bill speak but his voice is both completely wrong and perfect

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Taxman posted:

I don't know if I've ever heard Big Bill speak but his voice is both completely wrong and perfect

It's great.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

This has to be CD's best match in ages.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

I feel like Gates of Agony have gotten visibly better since winning the titles. Some nice tag stuff

bartok
May 10, 2006

Big Bill is the best.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Please give us Big Bill vs Lucha Bros

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Athena's shirt screams homemade but considering this t-shirt company PWT probably made it

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I love Mark Briscoe so much, man. What a treasure.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Already sold on DBD

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Claudio killing it here

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

:sickos: :dance: :getin:

CLAUDIO VS. MARK DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Absolute beast promo from Claudio.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

I have goosebumps, the gently caress?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

That was loving insane, three promos and I'm completely sold on Death Before Dishonor.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

That was loving insane, three promos and I'm completely sold on Death Before Dishonor.

I'm gonna be in the woods to go rafting and the wait to watch is gonna kill me

bartok
May 10, 2006

I would not be opposed to Athena vs Diamante at DBD.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

I Need that mark Claudio promo clipped so I can show it to people

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

!!!!!!!

I'd rather this be on TV but yessssssssss

E: I forgot how tiny she is! Next to the kingdom was some Brookes/Neko poo poo

The Taxman fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jul 7, 2023

bartok
May 10, 2006

I'm sorry about every bad thing I've said about The Kingdom in the past they loving rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

One of the best Honor Club episodes they've done imo