Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
I never realized how much I took for granted the advice to only ever clean cat boxes using hydrogen peroxide until just now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
meanwhile dogs be poopin like this

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Bad Munki posted:

I have twin 3-axis sticks and pedals with independent axes on each foot, is there a good simulator I could practice running an excavator or mini ex that anyone here would recommend? Bonus if it’s VR capable.
I think just Construction Simulator will have reasonable out of the box mapping for joysticks: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1273400/Construction_Simulator/

If you want to open up to janky mapping/possible third party tool mapping you can consider Gold Rush: https://store.steampowered.com/app/451340/Gold_Rush_The_Game/
Or Out of Ore https://store.steampowered.com/app/2009350/Out_of_Ore/

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

mobby_6kl posted:

https://i.imgur.com/V9vDDn3.mp4

I don't think I've seen such a thing before but I guess yeah makes sense?

If you don't care about the quality and consistency of your concrete, sure go hog wild. The operator is going to have a tough time eyeballing the cement/dense aggregate/fine aggregate/water ratios needed for a quality mix, and keeping it consistent from pour to pour. I guess if you're sinking fence post foundations out in the middle of nowhere, that's fine. Jobs that are larger and where quality matters, you might as well bring in a portable batch plant on a trailer.

I'd be afraid of hiring one of these for a super-critical project (I mean, if it's overnight work when the batch plant is down, it's critical) and then the fucker breaks down. And I'm betting when this thing is down, it's DOWN. There goes your timeline. Also, I can't see one of these providing any substantial amount of concrete. If it's a small amount of concrete, find a way to pour it when the plant is open. If it's a large amount, it's worth it to pay extra to open the plant. A small amount of concrete out in the middle of nowhere, it's probably still cheaper to bring out a mixer loaded dry and a water truck to fill'er up on site.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
looks like the concrete plant defender has logged on 🙄

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I got one of those Purina breeze things with the pellet litter over a grate and a puppy pad underneath, and it is so, so much better than regular litter bullshit. It doesn't track at all

I just have one medium sized cat though, seems like it would not work with more cats

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I also managed to do the same. Some years ago I bought some fancy crystalline litter that was advertised as not needing any cleaning beyond picking out the poops, and it was supposed to last one month for one cat. Well it super wasn't because two weeks in I discovered under the crystals a thick layer of pee slurry, which I naively tried to wash off with some bleach. I realized quickly what was going on when breathing became difficult and carried the chlorine gas dispenser to the balcony and let it completely air out there.

Yeah you're supposed to give it a good stir once or twice a day to avoid that.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

zedprime posted:

I think just Construction Simulator will have reasonable out of the box mapping for joysticks: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1273400/Construction_Simulator/

If you want to open up to janky mapping/possible third party tool mapping you can consider Gold Rush: https://store.steampowered.com/app/451340/Gold_Rush_The_Game/
Or Out of Ore https://store.steampowered.com/app/2009350/Out_of_Ore/

Will take a look at those, thanks. Really just looking to align my brain to the overall control scheme before a possible weekend warrior rental. Doesn’t need to be super in depth, just enough to build some of those motor skill pathways ahead of time.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

other people posted:

looks like the concrete plant defender has logged on 🙄

Well someone went out and built the dang things so there's gotta be a use case, just none I can come up with. All of my jobs require documentation, testing and QC and I'd be too scared to bet my paycheck on the contraptions doing what they're supposed to do when they're supposed to do it. I'd rather figure the plant overtime fee into the material pricing & have my rear end covered, the risk there is not getting the work, but some jobs you're better off not winning.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

NoWake posted:

Well someone went out and built the dang things so there's gotta be a use case, just none I can come up with. All of my jobs require documentation, testing and QC and I'd be too scared to bet my paycheck on the contraptions doing what they're supposed to do when they're supposed to do it. I'd rather figure the plant overtime fee into the material pricing & have my rear end covered, the risk there is not getting the work, but some jobs you're better off not winning.

Found your problem.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

NoWake posted:

If you don't care about the quality and consistency of your concrete, sure go hog wild. The operator is going to have a tough time eyeballing the cement/dense aggregate/fine aggregate/water ratios needed for a quality mix, and keeping it consistent from pour to pour.

Couldn't you fit a load-cell and go by mass?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Preoptopus posted:

https://youtube.com/shorts/DIpkueZ80Lg?feature=share

This channel is kind of cool its like ai enhanced old footage. Lots of ww2 action too. Anyway here are men riding a crane in New york

:hai: this is really cool thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nORuhEdplzc

:stare: OSHA - watch as a P-51 gets a little too close to the ammo car :stare:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I never realized how much I took for granted the advice to only ever clean cat boxes using hydrogen peroxide until just now

Just wait till you accidently grab the bottle of 40% H2O2 and turn your kitty box into an open piss rocket.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qy7nqzWJeT1zohm84.mp4

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

We hired a local company with one of these when we poured our front walkway and it ended up being cheaper than bags of quickcrete.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Metal Gear Rising 2 looking good!

...:smith:

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost

NoWake posted:

I'd be afraid of hiring one of these for a super-critical project (I mean, if it's overnight work when the batch plant is down, it's critical) and then the fucker breaks down. And I'm betting when this thing is down, it's DOWN. There goes your timeline. Also, I can't see one of these providing any substantial amount of concrete. If it's a small amount of concrete, find a way to pour it when the plant is open. If it's a large amount, it's worth it to pay extra to open the plant. A small amount of concrete out in the middle of nowhere, it's probably still cheaper to bring out a mixer loaded dry and a water truck to fill'er up on site.

They are for the complete opposite of super-critical projects requiring any substantial amount of concrete such as the small jobs in that video

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Lol, its rocks and water. Romans did this poo poo thousands of years ago and they barely had math. And a lot of it still around today.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
And that's concrete evidence.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Letmebefrank posted:

St. Petersburg, FL? Or perhaps Moscow, KS?

lmao

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

my broke brain re-fuckulated that name to "Grovershire Roll"'

e: someone gonna get redtexted for dying on the "Concrete ABSOLUTELY needs to be mixed by weight" hill

HolHorsejob fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 7, 2023

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/ng4qwjo.mp4

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

CainFortea posted:

Lol, its rocks and water. Romans did this poo poo thousands of years ago and they barely had math. And a lot of it still around today.

Yes, but now we want to engineer things that barely stand up under their own weight with a minimal amount of material.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Duct Tape Engineer posted:

Yes, but now we want to engineer things that barely stand up under their own weight with a minimal amount of material.

Well then have I got something to show you

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

mobby_6kl posted:

https://i.imgur.com/V9vDDn3.mp4

I don't think I've seen such a thing before but I guess yeah makes sense?

You'll probably want to skip ahead a few times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XjWuEzWE-0

NoWake posted:

If you don't care about the quality and consistency of your concrete, sure go hog wild. The operator is going to have a tough time eyeballing the cement/dense aggregate/fine aggregate/water ratios needed for a quality mix, and keeping it consistent from pour to pour. I guess if you're sinking fence post foundations out in the middle of nowhere, that's fine. Jobs that are larger and where quality matters, you might as well bring in a portable batch plant on a trailer.

See above. I've mostly seen him use it for filling in post holes.

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

:stonklol:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

zedprime posted:

They're gram negative bacteria and it's soap. Gram-negative are generally resistant to detergent mitigated by the fact that soap and detergent is to wash away high surface area contaminated soils and residues. It's still best practice to dose liquid and soft soaps with preservatives to avoid random on going colonization by something environmentally endemic to the home like pseudomonas.

Fabulosa otherwise rocks for the cost to getting soap on your floors ratio.

Fabuloso is awesome for all non porous surfaces but I just can't bring myself to mop with it because the scent of Murphy's Oil Soap is baked far too deeply into my soul

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I don't know why soap and water isn't enough for people. Back when I was a kid we'd throw some pine sol in at the end to be fancy but yeah don't go throwing bleach into places with chemicals you're not familiar with

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Why is this squash peeling machine in a parking garage?

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Soapy water is the correct choice for almost any cleaning. Soap takes care of oils, water takes care of everything else. Alcohol helps with some things, but not if you're trying to get sober.

Use toothpaste to clean your teeth though. Don't make my mistake.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

down1nit posted:

Soapy water is the correct choice for almost any cleaning. Soap takes care of oils, water takes care of everything else. Alcohol helps with some things, but not if you're trying to get sober.

Use toothpaste to clean your teeth though. Don't make my mistake.

From a commercial perspective it's a two-stage process. First you clean with hot water and detergent, then you sanitise with a bleach or quaternary-ammonium-compound. It is useless to do the second until you've done the first.

OH&S tax: for internal cleaning of pipes and systems ("Clean In Place") a strong alkali is often used. This is frowned upon for cleaning exposed surfaces because spraying strong alkali around will dissolve your workers too.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jul 7, 2023

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Why is this squash peeling machine in a parking garage?

Well, where would you park your squash peeling machine? On the street, like a commoner?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

down1nit posted:

Soapy water is the correct choice for almost any cleaning.

oh, i have such things to show you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiL6uPNlqRw

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

Soapy water? I clean everything with brakleen.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Is this part of that "use anything but a plate to serve food" trend? :lol:

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Mistle posted:

Is this part of that "use anything but a plate to serve food" trend? :lol:

the forbidden jello

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

The two-stick method is very safe. If one stick breaks the other stick will hold it in place and allow the worker time to evacuate :smug:

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

WilltheMagicAsian posted:

Soapy water? I clean everything with brakleen.

Yes, the non-flamable kind is just perfect for cleaning ovens and other things that get hot!

:gas:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Well... I guess if something does happen it'll be a quick death. :unsmith: