Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

They can just do it with their eyes closed, it can't be that hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

The Islamic Shock posted:

I watched the first season of Tonikaku most of the way through, then checked the manga's latest afterwards to confirm my suspicions. Here's my review: if Nasa got a letter hand-delivered to him by Emperor Naruhito himself reading

"Dear Yuzakis:
Due to Japan's declining birth rates, it is a vital national security matter that the two of you procreate, as you are a married couple deeply in love. We will reward you for doing so by flying you to the moon and back.
Signed,

The Emperor
The Japanese Parliament
The United Nations
NASA
The Pope
The Dalai Lama"

They'd still be too embarrassed to take their clothes off in front of each other.

TBF, I can think of few better ways to kill your mood than receiving a letter going 'the Dalai Lama wants to see you gently caress'.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I watched Undead Girl Murder Farce. I wasn't impressed by the first episode.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Okay, the Vending Machine isekai was better than I had expected, which isn't saying much. Looks like they're trying to speed through the setup so they can get to the better bits. If there are any. Going for three to see if anything interesting happens.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Yeah the Vending Machine isekai is pretty much exactly what I expected. I liked all the other RPG skills tree isekaisas well (sword dad, spider isekai, etc) so this is right in my zone

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Vending Machine isekai isn’t so bad. The premise is novel enough. If you accept how ludicrous the basis is, you should feel okay with the other tiny dumb details (why do they not understand how to read Japanese, but they can speak it? How does a machine convey loneliness and chat with the main female character? Etc.).

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Being trapped as a vending machine sounds horrible.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

accepting the premise of reborn as a vending machine is an idea that runs entirely counter to my interest in the show

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

drilldo squirt posted:

Being trapped as a vending machine sounds horrible.

the mc is a total freak who is really into the idea

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
The first episode of vending machine sounded like the creator was trying to design a videogame.

I guess it was fine. Though I have to wonder if making so many coins just disappear is gonna wreck the local economy.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Vending machine is like a Let’s Play isekai.
All the chapters are written like journal entries or blog posts.
Today I sold this and that. Added this item.
This person tried to smack the machine. so-and-so got this for dinner.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Can someone tell me why JJK just completely abandoned its main character?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

he was boring

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Yawgmoft posted:

Can someone tell me why JJK just completely abandoned its main character?

But Gojo never left?

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
This was just as jarring in the manga tbf, but a flashback arc is otherwise a pretty normal concept.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
starting LasTame
what a terrible shorthand for the title, comes up with nothing when I try to google that phrase.

anyway, its a female isekai villainess show, looks fun enough to add to the watching list

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

haypliss posted:

This was just as jarring in the manga tbf, but a flashback arc is otherwise a pretty normal concept.

I think it's exacerbated by the fact that the last JJK thing, the movie, was also a flashback arc.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

haypliss posted:

It's even more jarring in the manga cause the arc starts at the part where they realize they're trapped in the mansion.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

GateOfD posted:

starting LasTame
what a terrible shorthand for the title, comes up with nothing when I try to google that phrase.

anyway, its a female isekai villainess show, looks fun enough to add to the watching list
Yeah I've never heard it called that before. Usually it's "The Most Heretical Last Boss Queen."

I forgot it's one of the better villainess isekais because the manga version was canned years ago when the artist got sick.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The racism allegory that is The Sacrificial Princess and the Beast King is still chugging along. It's a shame we're not getting some of the extra content that showed up in the tank releases like if the races were switched and it was a Beast Princess. Mostly it's because Cy and Lop are still adorable as humans.

Amit is also best handmaiden.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I watched Undead Girl Murder Farce. I wasn't impressed by the first episode.

An incomprehensible take.

Not expecting the novel basis to manifest in too much, but it's the best looking show this season not based on a manga for teen boys so I'll relish it.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Salaryman gets some credit for the lead dying in a completely unconventional way I can't say I've remotely seen before. How does he die? He gets accidentally shot by a criminal holding a gun that gets tackled by an officer. A straight up normal handgun. In Japan. Anyways, this is literally the only faint praise it deserves, as everything else is incredibly dull and boring. Mostly just killing time checking random things until Spellblades drops, which sounds at least somewhat interesting.

Anyways, oddest moment of this season so far was Zom 100. Or rather, in trying to figure out why it hasn't aired yet (it's been pushed back a week, apparently?) I discovered that not only is the anime dropping now, but a live action version of it is dropping on Netflix at the beginning of August. Which... can't say I've ever seen a live action adaptation of a manga come out at basically the same time as its anime.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

zom100 is Bug Films' first ever project so that could explain the delay

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh yeah, the bugs are very small and it's hard for them to animate fast.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Rurouni Kenshin reboot seems fine I guess.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Tales of Woe posted:

yeah thats clearly some sort of rubberband glitching and not part of the animation. looks like any given low priority LN show aside from that?

lol yeah, that looks like a hosed up rip because CR had ep 2 out already as well and it looked normal bad instead of whatever that clip was

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

zom100 isnt delayed, it had an early screening at anime expo and MAL always sets those as the show start date for some reason. same reason why it says dungeon meshi is already airing.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/alltsun_nodere/status/1677060153269698561?t=k9f7iB_-iMifrW6OBqO0Fw&s=19

I have zero interest in watching Great Cleric but this outfit is rather mesmerizing in trying to figure out what is going on with it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

when you want to dress casual but still comply with the dress code in the most technical way possible

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
the villainess isekai is fine, but I hate this aspect of these otome isekais where they have guilt for the body of the character's actions they took over. (That the character hasn't even done yet since its all in the future!)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It's not that complicated is it? A fake jacket with the chest cut out, a matching skirt, and a low-cut blouse with a fake tie attached to the top. ...Okay, maybe the tie is pushing it a little.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
new Kenshin OP is really weak, but its really hard to top Freckles

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Clarste posted:

It's not that complicated is it? A fake jacket with the chest cut out, a matching skirt, and a low-cut blouse with a fake tie attached to the top. ...Okay, maybe the tie is pushing it a little.

The tie really is the silliest part. Like they needed to have a tie in the outfit and that was the solution.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ties are important

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I always feel these bakarinoid isekais are missing a trick when they don't have the MC keep the affectations of a generic anime villainess. Give her the pointy facial expressions, the haughty voice and the "ohohohoho" laugh.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Clarste posted:

I went and checked and it's some sort of collared capelet/mantle thing

The whole show has a real "lazy Final Fantasy ripoff with occasional salaryman/corporate flourishes" thing going on

Caros
May 14, 2008

kirtar posted:

Rurouni Kenshin reboot seems fine I guess.

I checked out the first episode out of morbid curiosity (not really interested in following it due to the whole thing with the author) and it feels odd to me.

It is a better straight adaptation of the source material than anything else they put out with the sole exception that they sucked out a lot of the life from it.

The manga and the original series had a good number of gag panels, and they dropped essentially anything that goes off model which means dropping all of those. Things like Kaoru trying to run off only to get grabbed by the ponytail got replaced with him stoicly holding her in his arms, for example.

It fits better with the new voice actor as well. The original had an air of silliness that this one doesn't. This one seems to be going for the more serious vibe most of the time which... Eh.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

truck-kun strikes again

new villainess isekai has a decent episode 1 and I will probably give it a full 3ep test if only to see how the rest of the story is fleshed out

the angst is laid on pretty thick… I’m not a fan but I can see how this villainess is a lot more pure evil than the petty pranks and bullying of bakarina pre-isekai.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I did not watch the full first episode of great cleric as well as the vending machine isekai.

Just fell off them hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Caros posted:

I checked out the first episode out of morbid curiosity (not really interested in following it due to the whole thing with the author) and it feels odd to me.

It is a better straight adaptation of the source material than anything else they put out with the sole exception that they sucked out a lot of the life from it.

The manga and the original series had a good number of gag panels, and they dropped essentially anything that goes off model which means dropping all of those. Things like Kaoru trying to run off only to get grabbed by the ponytail got replaced with him stoicly holding her in his arms, for example.

It fits better with the new voice actor as well. The original had an air of silliness that this one doesn't. This one seems to be going for the more serious vibe most of the time which... Eh.

That sounds stupid.