Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Not really, they made space jam 2 and brought them back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Speaking of bunny girls, it's time for the next three GREEN'S BIRDS, the internet's least horny comic. It was going to be four comics today but that treecreeper scene used up all my Arts for the day.

e: turns out I have zero ability to keep my protagonist looking the same from panel to panel. Hopefully this somehow adds to the charm(??!?) or something.

Tree Bucket has a new favorite as of 05:35 on Jul 7, 2023

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Tree Bucket posted:

Speaking of bunny girls, it's time for the next three GREEN'S BIRDS, the internet's least horny comic.

was gonna call you out when i read what i THOUGHT said Falco Long Pennis. but no that's probably cuz im tired and imbibing responsibly.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Haha, how could you make such a foolish error? It is Falco longipennis, a completely not hilarious and sensible name.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I feel like detached collars are a thing with bunny girls and Chippendale dancers, the latter of which I'm not 100% sure is a real thing.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Tree Bucket posted:

Haha, how could you make such a foolish error? It is Falco longipennis, a completely not hilarious and sensible name.

Star Fox will remember this.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Bybloemen is back with a new page:

https://www.bybloemen.com/comic/chapter-4-page-30

I was posting twitter embeds here, but that seems less and less like a sensible long term plan. I kinda don't want to be fully rehosting the pages though, both because laziness and I want to send some traffic to the actual site. Suggestions, anyone?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

COURAGE OF THE SAGE

ZHUANGZI SPEAKS 庄子说

LEARNING HOW TO WALK IN HANDAN

Zhuangzi: quit your phd programme

THE GOONFROG IN THE WELL

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate posted:

MS Paint Masterpieces
#82: Preposterousness - Havoc Has Been Wreaked

#83: Preposterousness - A Hero Is Born

#85: Preposterousness - Worldwide Menace

And with #83, we say goodbye to lazy sprite comic 'one color for ground, one color for background' rooms for good.

dangit, looks like google drive embeds now expire over time. I was thinking this was a way to host comics that was more reliable than imgur instead of less. Guess I'm going to imgbb, but that sucks.

MS Paint Masterpieces
#86: Preposterousness - Army Men

#87: Preposterousness - Crushing Scouter

#88: Filler - April Fo

In honor of images disappearing abruptly, have a filler

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Honestly, and I can't speak for all comic authors, but bandwidth simply isn't a problem like it was in the past, and if it's a problem they'll disable hotlinking, it's better to just hotlink it from their site, or re-host it on your own. My own comic site has forum embeds in BBcode, so after I completely lose it it'll be easier for people to repost it.

And some day, I hope that people do.

Like if you have other communities out there that lets you post comics like this, please post my stuff, I want you too, not for traffic to the site, just to get the comic seen.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Valhalla

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

?

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Emzedoh posted:

Takako-san chapter 14

Takako-san chapter 15

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Synthbuttrange posted:

oh god its been long enough that bunny girls have fallen out of the public imagination now I guess?

There was actually a whole thing that Playboy was so protective of the trademark that they sued anyone out of depicting them even as a reference, which kinda bit them in the rear end when decades later barely anyone even recognises them... except from anime and manga, which loved any excuse to have bunny girls and Japanese courts generally don't give a poo poo about the complaints of foreign companies.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Emzedoh posted:

Takako-san chapter 15

Rude thing to say about your girlfriend

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I can definitely see Uderzo being inspired by this, see the tapping on head to indicate someone's nuts, and the rapid head movements for nodding.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Avoiding work responsibilities has left me able to focus on scanlation cleanup, so here’s
Monya the Grey Chapter 5

Linguistic note which is lost in the translation to English: in Japanese, like in Slavic languages (at least according to my very small bit of research), “baba” means “grandmother” or “old woman,” so Monya on page 7 just says “Baba would…” which has the double meaning of “(my) grandma would...” and “Baba (Yaga) would...”

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

The Strange Tragedy of Doctor Donaldus Faustus

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

in case people don't read SAD: vyelkin has resurrected the old banished webcomic thread in cccc which was originally removed due to a deranged finn spamming reports

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3689737

obviously it's an old thread, images and brains may be broke. but there's a lotta comics and edits in there

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

People in that thread hate Cucumber Quest, I don't know what to say.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I know it's so refreshing to see

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Just like a real cucumber

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Agony and sorrow.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

god's not on board

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Boba Pearl posted:

Chapter: 3 - No
Page: 06
Title: Kisses
Spinnelope Explains.

[-=Author Notes=-]
That jokes old as hell, and if you've never heard of it, I'm really glad to be the person to introduce you to it. Now, let's talk about what I just wrote, because I can not shut up about my own writing. One of the reasons it was so important to not have humans in this comic is for scenes, or possibly just this scene, where we talk about the societal expectations of beauty, and gender. Why are people with bug eyes ugly, but skeletons aren't? That's kind of how I feel about my gender lol. Like, what the gently caress makes a woman, who decides, why is that? So I created a world where the societal expectations would seem slightly absurd on their face. I'm hoping to make you feel a fraction of what I feel when trying to examine gender in any real way.

Did I accomplish that? gently caress if I know, I'm terrified of this one to be perfectly frank with you, but you've stuck it out this far, so you're probably down with it. Unless you somehow started with this comic, which, I guess then heres the vibe check.

slowly catching up on the thread after bein overseas for a week.

this fuckin rules

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Slime Life

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:haw: :v: :ohdear: :cool:
Please stop harassing your employee

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Shaking lemur butt posted:

Please stop harassing your employee

She’s encouraging him to eat his mushrooms

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

in case people don't read SAD: vyelkin has resurrected the old banished webcomic thread in cccc which was originally removed due to a deranged finn spamming reports

obviously it's an old thread, images and brains may be broke. but there's a lotta comics and edits in there

I remember having a lot of good times with that thread, loads of good stuff and edits in there to offset the webcomics.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Kill Six Billion Demons

Alt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEsNDDwhSJ4

quote:

Queen of Worms

Full Size
Alt: RIP Kentaro Miura

Gotta love a good Berserk reference

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Neato. That is the thread where Beanworld previously got posted and I fell in love with it. So if anyone does want to read ahead, you can do it there, though I'm seeing dead imgur links in some places where there were Beanworld pages. Total Eclipse was also posted there in full... but also imgur-dead.

There were two comics by the same author in that thread that I remember and would like to re-read, gonna have to see if they're still alive.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (Jan 28-Feb 11)

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Kit Walker posted:

Kill Six Billion Demons

Full Size
Alt: RIP Kentaro Miura

Gotta love a good Berserk reference

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Disclaimer about that old thread: it was my first SA webcomics thread that I posted in (I had just joined SA at the time mainly to keep up with Let's Plays whenever the paywall went up), I was 19 at the time, and a very annoying & parasocial twerp (and bad poster)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

And how have you changed exactly?
:smuggo:

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
I'm so glad my lovely teenage posting was all on Usenet where no one will ever see it any more.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Extra Ordinary

That's totally a real 3D puzzle of Saturn that we really got

That's a circlin'

ANATA WA, CINEMA, MITEIMASU FOREVER

No alt text >:(

Part of your delicious terribly!

Siri, what's the alt text?

................ _@y

I'm so mad at you I could piss glue

Gone, forev

Merry Christmas! ^_^

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

By popular demand posted:

And how have you changed exactly?
:smuggo:

Not 19 anymore. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Tendales posted:

I'm so glad my lovely teenage posting was all on Usenet where no one will ever see it any more.

Oh god you have just activated my latent shame about same. Curse you, google groups.