Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
it's only going to be 80 here in KC today which is pretty chilly for July

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

tuyop posted:

you guys see this wild poo poo in Alberta on Canada Day (1 July)?

https://youtu.be/3HEJTkbNmsA

https://youtu.be/UudiPrlVGkY

Canada just got their worst tornado on record?

:getin:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Apparently the Planet was the hottest in recorded history On July3, until July 4 when it was again, the hottest day in recorded history.

Neat. Global warming is a hoax!

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
Breaking records is exciting. Why can't you just be happy for Earth for once?

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
CO2 is a performance enhancer!

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Tbh if the forecast is right, it's very possible that California power grid will go boom before Texas lmao

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Unless posted:

Canada just got their worst tornado on record?

:getin:

a birthday present from the planet to the home of the loving tar sands

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

ex post facho posted:

the high in Denver today was 70 :q:

Yeah and today is really nice. Denver stays winning! I'm going to go for a run its so nice out

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

ekuNNN posted:

wervelstormpje in the netherlands today
https://twitter.com/CarlMarsalis/status/1676597194298650626

also a huge summer storm that knocked out a large part of the railway system and blocked a ton of highways and roads with fallen trees
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=megIJOa7PKw

Was it last year Germany got blasted by huge rains and flash floods? I vaguely remember an interview going something like "This kind of thing isn't supposed to happen here [ here = white Europeans])

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Failson posted:

Was it last year Germany got blasted by huge rains and flash floods? I vaguely remember an interview going something like "This kind of thing isn't supposed to happen here [ here = white Europeans])
lmao yes there were a bunch of interviews with Germans going "this is not something you expect to see HERE of all places"

the rain in spain is pretty severe
https://twitter.com/AnonymeCitoyen/status/1677042724363464704

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Is the rain in spain mainly on the plain?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Is the rain in spain mainly on the plain?

no seems to be mainly on the road. Which I belive is where it's meant to be.

although from memory it should have right of way. How someone really fines all those rude motorists.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Zaragoza is really great and nobody goes there so it's managed to not succumb to the tourist plague. Here's hoping the govt response is more than just a shrug

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Today was very hot all over the whole world

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

colder than tomorrow though, so that's something to hold on to

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
we got deluged today and now it's in the 70s. i will attempt to enjoy it for the few hours it lasts.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

worse than yesterday but better than tomorrow

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

very interesting times we're living in

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

It's cold and rainy where I am. You drat northern hemisphere people are stealing all the nice hot weather again like you do every year. :colbert:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'm calling sears but nobody's answering!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7252282711669280005

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Daytine highs have been Around 15-18C in Finland, rising up to 22-23C next week. Would someone like to turn off the heat please, it’s too hot in here

xiaoren
Dec 9, 2021

Had tons of big ol' trees falling over in the storms this fall. The city's response was of course to remove them, and then cull some more. Looking forward to seeing how they fare the next storm!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Look if the ents are attacking like that you gotta assume they did something wrong.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
shhh, tree sleepy

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

summer number three of tropical weather in nyc. super humid, afternoon thunderstorms

totally normal

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

summer number three of tropical weather in nyc. super humid, afternoon thunderstorms

totally normal

as predicted at least a decade ago! Good job modelers, what crisis even

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

totally normal

Hopefully we get some cooler smoke-filled air down from the north soon.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

totally normal

same I live in the northeast.. and I just say we live in a Temperate SUb-Tropical Rainforest zone now.
summer's hot as poo poo, muggy, usally lots of rain (not this year tho) and then we get an asston of snow later on.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

totally normal

it was 78F and 90% humidity at 7:30 this morning in dc, lol+lmao

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

dr_rat posted:

It's cold and rainy where I am. You drat northern hemisphere people are stealing all the nice hot weather again like you do every year. :colbert:

give me your cold and rainy

I would be very happy if I never had to experience a day above 70 degrees ever again

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

tater_salad posted:

same I live in the northeast.. and I just say we live in a Temperate SUb-Tropical Rainforest zone now.
summer's hot as poo poo, muggy, usally lots of rain (not this year tho) and then we get an asston of snow later on.

Little further south down NYC way it's just tropical. Hot and humid 80+, afternoon always gives way to evening storms, rinse repeat. All summer long now, last three years. We didn't get any shovelable snow this winter at all... lol

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
the hudson valley is also having a mass emergence of Spongy moths, the really fun diphthong-reversed new name for g*psy moths. right on time but we seem to have weathered the caterpillar/mass-defoliation stage this time around. maybe the freeze in May knocked em down?

who knows what'll happen next spring though.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
They added gnat swarms to our infestation roster this year. At least it's not ticks!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they should have pretended they were always called gypsum moths and gas lit us about how we made it racist colloquially.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

weather apps have become useless in Colorado as of late…they still tell you the weather but you can look at it one hour and an hour later get an entirely different forecast for the rest of the day and week

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Gunshow Poophole posted:

the hudson valley is also having a mass emergence of Spongy moths, the really fun diphthong-reversed new name for g*psy moths. right on time but we seem to have weathered the caterpillar/mass-defoliation stage this time around. maybe the freeze in May knocked em down?

see? nature is healing. everything is fine

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

i am harry posted:

weather apps have become useless in Colorado as of late…they still tell you the weather but you can look at it one hour and an hour later get an entirely different forecast for the rest of the day and week

I feel like this has been true in central Texas as well. Lately the gimmick has been thunderstorms forecast for the entire ten day outlook, for ten days running, with no rain or storms actually observed over the entire twenty day period.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i am harry posted:

same in ny. it will say no rain and then when it starts raining they will update it to say rain all along or it will say rain and keep pushing it back an hour at a time until you go to bed and forget

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Real hurthling! posted:

they should have pretended they were always called gypsum moths and gas lit us about how we made it racist colloquially.

I think I posted about this in another thread but I realized that the only reason I'm hyper-aware of this bug in particular is because I spent my elementary schooling in Michigan in the 90s when the whole state was trying unsuccessfully to stop them from invading. them and zebra mussels, instant state of readiness lol.