Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin

FlapYoJacks posted:

But he’s yelling! It’s scary! You need to call the people with guns who will yell at him instead!

Ok lol we get it, you are very tolerant and empathetic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin
Personally I’m not gonna tolerate some fool yelling while I’m trying to eat in peace

Only difference is, I’ll handle it myself :toughguy:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

UKJeff posted:

Ok lol we get it, you are very tolerant and empathetic

Nah, I just hate cops.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Gonna subscribe to youtube premium just as soon as they bring back Play Music, deal?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Bar Ran Dun posted:

cross posting from another thread because y’all will be interested in it.

the Teamsters kick rear end and a 97% vote in favor of strike approval across such a huge org is unbelievable

good luck finding scabs in the current labor environment, all you've got to pull from are temporarily embarrassed techies

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

RadiRoot posted:

an empty room like during office hours?
Yes, medical facility

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

UKJeff posted:

Personally I’m not gonna tolerate some fool yelling while I’m trying to eat in peace

Only difference is, I’ll handle it myself :toughguy:

way to go slick

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Knight posted:

Yes, medical facility

jesus.

my spouse oversaw a suicidal patient at her facility yesterday. i cant even imagine.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
If it comes down to it and ads can't be blocked any more, I'll simply... look away from my screen when they come on.

Your move, capital :smug:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Microplastics posted:

If it comes down to it and ads can't be blocked any more, I'll simply... look away from my screen when they come on.

Your move, capital :smug:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

What we need is an automated way to rip youtube videos to an offsite that doesn't play the commercials

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

That is a good idea for a site, yeahtube or something that would be instantly taken down by big alphabet.

e: there are things like yt-dlp that can download a tube in about 9 seconds, in many ways it is a superior experience to simply download a video and then watch it in a good media player without buffering, ads, etc. you'd need to interact with a filesystem though which is a non starter for most folks I imagine

palindrome has issued a correction as of 07:26 on Jul 7, 2023

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

super sweet best pal posted:

What we need is an automated way to rip youtube videos to an offsite that doesn't play the commercials

Already exists.

E: wait no, that's an app, this is the offsite it relies on.

Kassad has issued a correction as of 07:48 on Jul 7, 2023

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i subscribe to one (1) twitch streamer and if i even glance at another channel i have to wait through minutes of ads so i just don’t bother so there’s zero chance i’ll ever discover another interesting streamer and subscribe to them also

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Bar Ran Dun posted:

At this point I'd put strike odds at 50-50. The vibe I get in my building is no one really wants a strike, but is absolutely willing to vote a contract down and go on one if UPS offers up a lovely deal. Sean O'Brien got elected after Hoffa Jr. pushed through that poo poo contract last time, and his 2 major campaign points were getting rid of the 22.4 driver jobs that were added in the last contract (basically half driver/half warehouse workers jobs that get paid warehouse rate the entire time which is about $5 less than driver rate), and getting the contract done by the end of the current one with no extensions. From what I understand everything non-payrate related has been hammered out, including the elimination of 22.4 driver jobs and converting the current ones into fulltime drivers.

Everything blew up when it got to the pay raise section and UPS offered almost nothing for raises and a reduction in the cost of living inflation adjustment part of the raises. It was such a lowball offer last Monday the union walked out and said they would come back when the company was serious. They came back last Wednesday, the company made the same offer and they walked out again. Eventually they came back with a better pay raise but wouldn't budge on it at all, so the union said gently caress it give us a final offer by July 5th and we'll put it to vote, we're done negotiating. UPS didn't put a final offer down because they probably know if they put in bad one it will be voted down by the membership which will result in a strike, so they are probably trying to slow roll this all the way to the last second, and so far the union is sticking to not doing any more negotiating.

It will all come down to whatever final wage increase UPS decides to gamble on, because I don't think there is going to be any time for anything more than a vote on a single offer before the August 1 deadline.

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

hopefully Sean O'Brien doesn't end up in the Allegheny River

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

cat botherer posted:

This is all I can think of when zuckercorn’s “threads” is mentioned.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threads_(1984_film)

Pretty much this. Every reference to this app should come with a clip of Sheffield being nuked and “Where’s our Billy?!” instead of library images of Zucko.

actionjackson posted:

i have to take this opportunity to post the funniest imdb profile ever

Lol. Very “I played a cadaver in Straw Dogs” woman from Hot Fuzz.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw has issued a correction as of 10:23 on Jul 7, 2023

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ABSCBNNews/status/1677243556585431042

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Kassad posted:

Already exists.

E: wait no, that's an app, this is the offsite it relies on.

Bookmarked. :tipshat:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Bar Ran Dun posted:

note to self: buy all treats before July 31

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Greatbacon posted:

Yeah, cause it's true.

That and the transplants from DC and NYC. Coastal elite motherfuckers gentrified the heartland.

Nobody who is from D.C. is moving to Denver. Now, people who are from New Jersey or North Carolina and lived in and made D.C. money for a while? Sure.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Do these ungrateful fucks not understand that 3 billion in stock buybacks brings more shareholder value than expenses like air conditioners or wages?

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003
number

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I love how high interest rates don’t matter to people with tons of cash

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Uhhh, ofcourse they matter, it means they make more when they lend out some of that cash.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I bought a pack of new underwear yesterday. You're welcome btw

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

euphronius posted:

I love how high interest rates don’t matter to people with tons of cash

maybe… if we raised them further….

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

NeonPunk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxk9PW83VCY

ty

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

NeonPunk posted:

Only one? Think of the shareholders! Go back and buy 9 more, right now!

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

I don’t even take an interview if this isn’t part of it.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/wsj/status/1677294668768313344?s=46&t=q1yioAlNJ1Wnv5VQrEw_AA

We’re job numbers already revised down? I thought it was like 497k yesterday?

Raccooon has issued a correction as of 14:29 on Jul 7, 2023

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

my favorite part of wfh are Fridays where you dont even pretend to work

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I've already been yelling "McDonald's!" at my screen for years

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Raccooon posted:

https://twitter.com/wsj/status/1677294668768313344?s=46&t=q1yioAlNJ1Wnv5VQrEw_AA

We’re job numbers already revised down? I thought it was like 497k yesterday?

I've heard mixed messaging about this report. It was less than expected but double last report. Did they really expect hiring to more than double, so that a 100% increase wasn't enough??

Some people are reporting that the number was disappointing; others are saying it's stellar. Some are reporting 200k, others the 400k number. The firehose of obfuscation is on full blast.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

mistermojo posted:

That's right

*goes back to videogame*

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mistermojo posted:

I played through the Byzantine single-player campaign of Age of Empires 2 today

all in a day's work!!!

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

anonumos posted:

I've heard mixed messaging about this report. It was less than expected but double last report. Did they really expect hiring to more than double, so that a 100% increase wasn't enough??

Some people are reporting that the number was disappointing; others are saying it's stellar. Some are reporting 200k, others the 400k number. The firehose of obfuscation is on full blast.

the only thing that matters is what Number thinks

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Maybe I’ll be fired today. I will remind my manager

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

mistermojo posted:

Hey now, I am off camera on a Zoom call while phone posting during a walk in the woods. Working up a sweat here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Good I hope China crushes the demonic pig capitalists under its boots