Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Blood Boils posted:

The human knights move and fight and do stunts in their armor fine

I've watched the film and no they don't.

gently caress, what a poo poo snipe. sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Hasn't Hopkins, like, won Oscars recently? If he is doing a "One for you, one for me" kind of thing, I honestly can't say which are the ones he does for himself, and that's pretty awesome.

Also, I hope he got buff for his role.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Grendels Dad posted:

Hasn't Hopkins, like, won Oscars recently? If he is doing a "One for you, one for me" kind of thing, I honestly can't say which are the ones he does for himself, and that's pretty awesome.

He won an Oscar in 2021 (for The Father). But the man's 85, I don't think he's getting buff for anything anymore.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

Hopkins does not give a poo poo and will throw himself into anything. He was energetically in a transformers movie and described Michael Bay as a genius. He seems to actually like doing pulp and his career is full of it. For every "The Human Stain" there's a "Bad Company" for every "The Two Popes" there's a "Transformers: The Last Knight"

He's an enthusiastic dude and loves the art form in every shape it takes. There's that lovely email he sent Bryan Cranston congratulating him and everyone else involved on how good Breaking Bad was.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Yeah doesn’t Hopkins write NAR for no acting required for parts? He’s not above a paycheck.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Grendels Dad posted:

Olivia Coleman is in the latest lovely Marvel show.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Snowman_McK posted:

Hopkins does not give a poo poo and will throw himself into anything. He was energetically in a transformers movie and described Michael Bay as a genius. He seems to actually like doing pulp and his career is full of it. For every "The Human Stain" there's a "Bad Company" for every "The Two Popes" there's a "Transformers: The Last Knight"

He's an enthusiastic dude and loves the art form in every shape it takes. There's that lovely email he sent Bryan Cranston congratulating him and everyone else involved on how good Breaking Bad was.

My eyes skimmed over this and for a second I thought Hopkins showed up in the Pope's Exorcist.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Olivia Coleman is in the latest lovely Marvel show.

you gotta be more specific lmao

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

CelticPredator posted:

you gotta be more specific lmao

The one with the insanely bad AI generated opening credits, Secret Invasion. From what I read scenes specifically of her and Samuel L. Jackson together are really good because of them but the show in general is a turd.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

It’s not a great show, no. But it’s hilarious in its messaging: the Skrulls, introduced in the MCU as a displaced ethnicity who barely survived genocide, were granted sanctuary on Earth…but they’ve since bitten the hand, and hatched a nefarious plot to take Earth for their own.

So, thanks Marvel for a story about how the Space Jews who are explicitly reptilian shapeshifters seek to infiltrate and destabilize our institutions.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
That's been the MCU's theme since at least Thor 1

Snowman_McK posted:

I've watched the film and no they don't.

gently caress, what a poo poo snipe. sorry.

So did I, turn your w/e on, etc etc

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Xealot posted:

It’s not a great show, no. But it’s hilarious in its messaging: the Skrulls, introduced in the MCU as a displaced ethnicity who barely survived genocide, were granted sanctuary on Earth…but they’ve since bitten the hand, and hatched a nefarious plot to take Earth for their own.

So, thanks Marvel for a story about how the Space Jews who are explicitly reptilian shapeshifters seek to infiltrate and destabilize our institutions.

If the twist is they work for the CIA, that would be good. But Marvel probably not gonna do that.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

They did work for the CIA. But now they’re working against it. That’s why poor Nick Fury feels so blindsided.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Yeah, in exchange for asylum on Earth, the Skrulls have been acting as Nick Fury's personal shapeshifting spies since the 90's, and helping him rise through the ranks at SHIELD. During that time, Fury and Captain Marvel were supposed to be trying to find a new planet for the Skrulls to live on. The bad Skrulls in the series are the ones who got sick of waiting around for him to deliver on a promise he made 30 years ago (remember it's currently 2026 in the MCU), and have decided that they've been living on Earth for a generation already, so they might as well make it their new home.

Because this is Marvel though, they need to undercut any antagonists with understandable motivations or legitimate criticisms of the society they live in, so they're also doing terrorist attacks to harass Fury specifically.

Also the latest episode revealed that Rhodey is currently a Skrull which, depending on how far back they say it happened, could have some weird implications for the Terrence Howard / Don Cheadle recast.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Snowman_McK posted:

It's also not like he has much to lose- overthinking poo poo and trying to only go for perceived prestige roles is how you Will Smith your career into relative obscurity, and I imagine it's a lot more fun to play twenty minutes of scenery-chewing. And it's always good to keep your hand in.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's also not like he has much to lose- overthinking poo poo and trying to only go for perceived prestige roles is how you Will Smith your career into relative obscurity, and I imagine it's a lot more fun to play twenty minutes of scenery-chewing. And it's always good to keep your hand in.

Will Smith, or Al Pacino/Robert De Niro. I guess I was astounded at the amount of schlock Hopkins is in for a moment there, but remembering what happened to half the cast of Goodfellas puts things into perspective. Hopkins' schlock at least isn't boring straight-to-DVD crap.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Secret Invasion is loving terrible.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Vintersorg posted:

Secret Invasion is loving terrible.

It's notably bad.

Majkol
Oct 17, 2016

It's notably bad.

How notably? I tried watching Moon Knight and not even Oscar Isaac could save that garbage. Is it even worse?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It makes Moon Knight look like god, the best thing they've done in forever was Werewolf By Night.

Majkol
Oct 17, 2016

It makes Moon Knight look like god, the best thing they've done in forever was Werewolf By Night.

Well poo poo. I really hated Werewolf by Night, I thought the cinematography was dogshit but at least there were some attempts at humor, other than the usual "I guess that happened" crap.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Werewolf by Night was definitely the best Marvel thing I've seen in a long time, and that is absolutely damning by faint praise.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Yeah, I assumed that went without saying.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Tentatively planning a CineD Discord movie night for The Flash so we can all laugh at how WB hosed up their capeshit universe with this magnificent capstone film lmao. Thinking of hosting the stream this Saturday, July 22nd, around maybe 8 or 9PM central time?

teagone fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jul 18, 2023

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm going to put u in a microwave travel through time and throw it at u

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm going to put u in a microwave travel through time and throw it at u

:supaburn: lol

I added spoiler tags and a strikethrough, does that help? Lmao.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

teagone posted:

:supaburn: lol

I added spoiler tags and a strikethrough, does that help? Lmao.

People are going to be so pissed when they see it lol

Literally the only good things about it was how well they replicated some of the Batman '89 Wayne Manor

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I haven't seen it, though one of the big events was spoiled to me. I would absolutely love to watch it with a group.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
That sounds like fun!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I think it might be too short notice for this Saturday, so I'll try and reschedule the stream this weekend instead and have something more concrete planned by early next week.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Oh my God The Flash is so bad.
I really feel for the poor VFX teams that got slaughtered for this.

I can't wait to watch it with people.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
"First The Flash and Gunn bury the Snyderverse, now Barbie comes to piss on The Prophet Zack Snyder's grave, oh is nothing sacred anymore, woe unto me"
https://twitter.com/3xchair/status/1681793297629446146

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Assepoester posted:

"First The Flash and Gunn bury the Snyderverse, now Barbie comes to piss on The Prophet Zack Snyder's grave, oh is nothing sacred anymore, woe unto me"

Sounds fun

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Someone post that image of Snyder's Apple TV screen full of purchased Barbie movies.

Nm, found it lol

One of the Barbie franchise's biggest supporters and they take a potshot at him...sheesh!

teagone fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jul 21, 2023

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Assepoester posted:

Please take your meds, Armond.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Jimbot posted:

Please take your meds, Armond.

Please overdose on them, Armond

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
It stands to reason that the PG-13 movie isn't for little kids. Y'know, the "13". It's there in the title? When did people forget this?

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

Assepoester posted:

I don't really like Gerwig's films, but apparently, from the review, this is what White perceived as pissing on Snyder's grave:

"Worst yet: One of the man-hating Barbies sneers, 'Like, I was really invested in the Zack Snyder cut of Justice League!' How could any decent industry professional attack another filmmaker this way?"

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

The joke is that one barbie is brainwashed to love patriarchy and toxic masculinity in the newly created "ken land" and when she comes out of brainwashing she's like "omg i imagined i was someone extremely invested in zsjl"

It rates an eyeroll at most, certainly not something to flip a table over like Armond implies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
It's those dang Bernie bros Hank hill