Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Young entrepreneur disrupts the mine clearing industry

Cut to him releasing 10 roombas into the woods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

I think in that SW mmo you could shoot people to heal them

Destiny 2 has healing grenades. There is even a hand cannon (big space revolver) that's magic so it hurts enemies and heals team mates.

Me an obvious meathead posing with the rest of the navy seals / delta team, every one one of us in wetsuits & flippers carrying grenade launchers and .50 BMGs, pouches bulging with ammo: "Posing with the rest of my medical team, we're going in to cure cateracts and skin cancer or some poo poo"

Helicopter blasting fortunate son comes in to land, loaded with rocket pods and door miniguns. "Yeah that's our air ambulance har har"

DancingShade has issued a correction as of 12:25 on Jul 7, 2023

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Theyre gonna unleash a swarm of those bomb squad rats, and then the rats are gonna form a breakaway civilization armed with a mountain of scavenged cluster bombs

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

he will play an elite tier one [drone] operator and sit in a gamer chair the entire movie

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Out of every 10 cluster bomblets 9 are live (maybe some are duds) and 1 is loaded with delicious candy for winning hearts & minds.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

DancingShade posted:

Destiny 2 has healing grenades. There is even a hand cannon (big space revolver) that's magic so it hurts enemies and heals team mates.

Me an obvious meathead posing with the rest of the navy seals / delta team, every one one of us in wetsuits & flippers carrying grenade launchers and .50 BMGs, pouches bulging with ammo: "Posing with the rest of my medical team, we're going in to cure cateracts and skin cancer or some poo poo"

Helicopter blasting fortunate son comes in to land, loaded with rocket pods and door miniguns. "Yeah that's our air ambulance har har"

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/p__/images/b/b3/Baptiste_%28Overwatch%29.png/revision/latest?cb=20190320161526&path-prefix=protagonist

Future Soldier Medic System 2040.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Healing bullets is one of my favorite video game concepts

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

It’s FA DPICM in 155, which is used defensively to halt tank columns. There’s no real benefit in offensive use against fieldworks.

Just like when Ukraine was given the similar RAAMS, it shows US planners expect the overall forecast to have them on the defensive imo.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 12:51 on Jul 7, 2023

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

My hero has returned!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Under Siege 3: Bakhmut

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
On Radioactive Ground

featuring seagal digging a trench in the red forest

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

steven seagal just wants to strum his guitars and do his actions and my boy pooty wants to let him

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

fire down below was a good movie about making those fuckers pay

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Half Past Kyiv

Into the Don

China Salesman

and of course

Attrition

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I can't wait for Seagal to "tac up"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJO6ya4ezIA

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

also the best thing to ever happen in movie history is this scene from hard to kill where steven seagal talks intense to an off tv in a regular bedroom and then looks at the floor kind of sad

https://i.imgur.com/ALKP030.mp4

unmute to get taken to the blood bank

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Up to 40% of bomblets have failed to explode in some recent conflicts, according to the ICRC.

The US dropped an estimated 260m cluster munitions in Laos between 1964 and 1973. So far, fewer than 400,000 – or 0.47% – have been cleared and at least 11,000 people have been killed, according to Reuters.

US officials have claimed that any munitions provided to Ukraine would have a reduced “dud rate”, meaning there will be far fewer unexploded rounds that could later result in unintended civilian deaths.

unless the dud rate is 0 then the USA is absolutely happy with maiming ukrainians for decades to come

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Jel Shaker posted:

Up to 40% of bomblets have failed to explode in some recent conflicts, according to the ICRC.

The US dropped an estimated 260m cluster munitions in Laos between 1964 and 1973. So far, fewer than 400,000 – or 0.47% – have been cleared and at least 11,000 people have been killed, according to Reuters.

US officials have claimed that any munitions provided to Ukraine would have a reduced “dud rate”, meaning there will be far fewer unexploded rounds that could later result in unintended civilian deaths.

unless the dud rate is 0 then the USA is absolutely happy with maiming ukrainians for decades to come

"To the last Ukranian" yes they are. They want the land & resources. Only the land and resources.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Jel Shaker posted:

Being against this makes you anti-Ukrainian btw

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/hrw/status/1676937047326466048

lol at the replies

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

DancingShade posted:

"To the last Ukranian" yes they are. They want the land & resources. Only the land and resources.

you know who else wanted only land and resources in Ukraine?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

gradenko_2000 posted:

you know who else wanted only land and resources in Ukraine?

A certain Austrian painter comes to mind.

xiaoren
Dec 9, 2021

Gunther is a painter, as well?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

xiaoren posted:

Gunther is a painter, as well?

just like his hero

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I seem to recall that the dud rate of the actual munitions in question is a bit higher, because artillery delivered DPICM has thicker walls and less sensitive fuzes than air or rocket delivered munitions for obvious reasons.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 13:51 on Jul 7, 2023

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

PhilippAchtel posted:

lol at the replies

shot:

chaser:

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

euphronius posted:

just like his hero

George W Bush

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Cluster bombs are actually good for Ukraine because they will explode anything unexploded left by Russia, and if those cluster bombs do not explode that is also Russia's fault :brainworms:

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Jel Shaker posted:

Its going to blow up Russians for decades to come, making it good

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://i.imgur.com/N2tkhOH.mp4

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

It is remarkable how the most rabidly pro-Ukraine westerners have in practice total disregard for the people actually living in the country.

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

It’s FA DPICM in 155, which is used defensively to halt tank columns. There’s no real benefit in offensive use against fieldworks.

Just like when Ukraine was given the similar RAAMS, it shows US planners expect the overall forecast to have them on the defensive imo.

The fact it's not good against fieldworks will be irrelevant when they are fired at cities behind the frontline.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

:vince:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Oh my word, those replies.

I have a twitter account. I have never posted a single thing.

I am very close to just binge CSPAM posting at every reply here.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Ukraine is actually thrilled for the opportunity to drop cluster bombs on their eastern civilians

speng31b
May 8, 2010

spacetoaster posted:

Oh my word, those replies.

I have a twitter account. I have never posted a single thing.

I am very close to just binge CSPAM posting at every reply here.

don't do it

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

VoicesCanBe posted:

It is remarkable how the most rabidly pro-Ukraine westerners have in practice total disregard for the people actually living in the country.

That one reply that says these would be the "good" American cluster bombs that "self destruct if they don't go off" really gets me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

SorePotato posted:

Ukraine is actually thrilled for the opportunity to drop cluster bombs on their eastern civilians