Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lol nerd rear end community notes

"it's not banned! It's not banned! They just chose not to release it because it violates a bunch of laws! I know that's what the tweet said but it's not banned!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

NeonPunk posted:

I bought a pack of new underwear yesterday. You're welcome btw

They don't make the underwear I like anymore. I don't know what I'm going to do when these 8 I have start getting holes

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

anonumos posted:

I've heard mixed messaging about this report. It was less than expected but double last report. Did they really expect hiring to more than double, so that a 100% increase wasn't enough??

Some people are reporting that the number was disappointing; others are saying it's stellar. Some are reporting 200k, others the 400k number. The firehose of obfuscation is on full blast.

Now you get it.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
just keep wearing them until the garter starts looking like bacon

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

It's really funny that people will basically line up for pay cuts just to avoid going into the office, but capital can't take advantage of this opportunity to crush labor because they're too tied up in commercial real estate.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Nonsense posted:

Maybe I’ll be fired today. I will remind my manager

My manager was kind enough to tell me when I was.

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

spacemang_spliff posted:

Good I hope China crushes the demonic pig capitalists under its boots

please don't talk about the CCP that way

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

mistermojo posted:

my favorite part of WFH is Fridays when you don't even pretend to work

LOL if you work from home and do more than 20 hours of work a week.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

FlapYoJacks posted:

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
actually not funny for me because job hunting rn. but still gonna root for the dream!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

FlapYoJacks posted:

when my brother went remote he complained that he only felt like he was doing four or five hours of work a day. That's all you ever got done my man, you just had a bunch of bullshit and window dressing to obfuscate it before

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i would not be surprised if some fuckery is going on where all the unemployment claim expiries from layoffs in november/december are being treated as "well, they aren't making claims any more, so they must have a job now!" and they didn't actually consult employers at all

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

when my brother went remote he complained that he only felt like he was doing four or five hours of work a day. That's all you ever got done my man, you just had a bunch of bullshit and window dressing to obfuscate it before

and the ultimate moral is if you can dick off for half the day and nothing catches on fire, your job doesn't need you the full 8 hours
it's stealing your free time

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
even if stuff does catch fire, idgaf

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

RealityWarCriminal posted:

even if stuff does catch fire, idgaf

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

last time there was a fire at work, we all got to go home early. then they rehired a bunch of people to make up for the production capacity lost in the fire. win-win.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

triple sulk posted:

i would not be surprised if some fuckery is going on where all the unemployment claim expiries from layoffs in november/december are being treated as "well, they aren't making claims any more, so they must have a job now!" and they didn't actually consult employers at all
i thought this was well known

cherry picking one particular unemployment number, i don't remember which, U-3 or something idk

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

RealityWarCriminal posted:

last time there was a fire at work, we all got to go home early. then they rehired a bunch of people to make up for the production capacity lost in the fire. win-win.

was the production capacity people

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

triple sulk posted:

Can you claim unemployment if you quit? Idk how things work in Freedomland, but all those fully remote jobs going back to the office is certainly going to cause a lot of quitting.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

genericnick posted:

Can you claim unemployment if you quit? Idk how things work in Freedomland, but all those fully remote jobs going back to the office is certainly going to cause a lot of quitting.
generally, no

you can, but the employer will have an easy time getting you denied. you can be successful in situations where you can allege and prove abuse, etc.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Paradoxish posted:

a number of human resources were lost to fire, replacements are on order

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

yeah. when i did customer service, drove pizzas, i felt like i worked a full day. then i hosed off to computer touching and now it's like i'm playing video games for 5-6 hours a day. it's hosed up

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

triple sulk posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/665739096694870017

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Paradoxish posted:

it was our wheelabrator machine that cleaned steel pieces before painting. one of the rehires was our foreman's uncle (~60, divorced, wife took the house) who then spent days wire brushing rust in to the air.

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Miss the days when The Big Cheese would visit our office and we had to pretend to type stuff to give him the worker bee vibe he demanded from everyone, even though we had all finished our work hours ago.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

anonumos posted:

I've heard mixed messaging about this report. It was less than expected but double last report. Did they really expect hiring to more than double, so that a 100% increase wasn't enough??

Some people are reporting that the number was disappointing; others are saying it's stellar. Some are reporting 200k, others the 400k number. The firehose of obfuscation is on full blast.

the 400k number is from adp and the 200k is number is dol, so they are measuring different things and in different ways. the adp number is usually wildly different since they are just saying "we processed this many more paystubs and we have x% of the payroll market" and the dol number is based off of surveys and is usually hilariously wrong and will be adjusted 3 times over the next year

in short jobs numbers are a land of contrasts

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

:eek:

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1677326231404965890?t=_z8nQd6LrrKhH8zSTlDf9Q&s=19

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Greatbacon posted:

Yeah, cause it's true.

That and the transplants from DC and NYC. Coastal elite motherfuckers gentrified the heartland.

They just had to get away from those people...

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

i thought this was well known

cherry picking one particular unemployment number, i don't remember which, U-3 or something idk

yah, the workforce participation rate is a better indicator, in which case lol:

https://www.bls.gov/charts/employment-situation/civilian-labor-force-participation-rate.htm

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

it doesn't surprise me at all this thread is slowly rationaling shithead 90s Boomer Parent logic:v:

yes cartoons and video games and comic books and TV WILL rot out my brain, Me-Ma and Pep-Pep

Every old who told me this has watched fox news until their brain melted out their face and they were just spite golems.

Apr 7, 2003

Remember all that talk about how trailer parks were being snapped up by investors with the intention of squeezing residents (retired or otherwise) out via lot fees?

Apr 7, 2003

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Bar Ran Dun posted:

cross posting from another thread because y’all will be interested in it.
Slightly older tweet but still relevant
https://twitter.com/MARKMCCRAY/status/1654280262996426755?t=DB3iUBzDyS98wNneivEPKg&s=19

Also it seems they can't even be bothered to hire an actual cybersecurity team
https://twitter.com/SlashdotMedia/status/1672229431413202945?t=-7l0kF_6S-06vHT5n4aeWQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/HarryTipper1630/status/1674781783517433857?t=sXHjcQ6gc8ynNBwIUK5cTA&s=19
No idea what the gently caress this guy's on about:v:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Every old who told me this has watched fox news until their brain melted out their face and they were just spite golems.

yeah like TV is in fact very bad for you but it's advertising, cable and local news, and copaganda series that rot your brain, not cartoons

Apr 7, 2003

the bitcoin of weed posted:

yeah like TV is in fact very bad for you but it's advertising, cable and local news, and copaganda series that rot your brain, not cartoons

AM radio blaring non-stop hate during a three-hours-a-day commute destroyed an entire generation of brains starting in the 1970s

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

AM radio blaring non-stop hate during a three-hours-a-day commute destroyed an entire generation of brains starting in the 1970s

Neal Boortz, Kim Peterson, Michael Savage and Rob Redding have more real estate in the Middle/High School Memories portion of my brain than actually graduating

9/11 broke alotta Boomers brains

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea
Very healthy economy when 37% of people are pilfering their retirement savings to get by

https://twitter.com/YahooFinance/status/1677074295036473344

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I put $300 bucks into my account a few days ago and then the irs took money from me im malding

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
excess retirement savings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea
Pro move by wall street to get rid of everyone's pension and force people to invest in the stock market so they're all directly tied to what benefits the wealthy like some sort of financial suicide pact