Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I saw the 4th one in the theater (checks wikipedia: 15 years ago :monocle:) and I rememer not completely hating it but also finding it incredibly unnecessary and forgettable

same :hmmyes: also how the poo poo was that 15 years ago :aaaaa:

i do remember one part where the creepy tribesmen are all hiding and one opens his eyes and that gave me A HELLUVA SPOOK

e: lol owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Hey everyone, I'm California Jones.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Escape From Noise posted:

Hey everyone, I'm California Jones.

What's your opinion on homelessness sir

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

bagmonkey posted:

What's your opinion on homelessness sir

As a world renowned social worker I have traveled the world and put myself in dangerous situations time and time again in order to better understand the issues surrounding homelessness, food insecurity, lack of affordable healthcare (both medical and physical), and believe the only solution is radical economical reforms that would provide our citizens with luxury gay space communism.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

TIP posted:

y'all are never gonna believe this but...

the new indiana jones movie is good :vince:

Uh, no Tip.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/7Lb3KDc.mp4

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Indiana Jones and The Hip Replacement Without Comprehensive Health Insurance.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

lol exactly how I heard it in my head

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Escape From Noise posted:

As a world renowned social worker I have traveled the world and put myself in dangerous situations time and time again in order to better understand the issues surrounding homelessness, food insecurity, lack of affordable healthcare (both medical and physical), and believe the only solution is radical economical reforms that would provide our citizens with luxury gay space communism.

Sold, you're our new mascot California Jones

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Should we become the Indiana Jones discussion thread for a bit

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

bagmonkey posted:

Should we become the Indiana Jones discussion thread for a bit

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvy2tRH7HNE

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Riff Raff walked off the stage last night after barely starting. The air was thick with bottles. I think I saw a full tall boy get lobbed at his dj.

RA the rugged man had a rough go of it with sound equipment issues. Tbf call and response works good in limited quantities but every song, nah man.

Nekrogoblin was solid!

ICP went hard and my boots are finally drying out w a nice faygo sheen. Also it is goddamn hot out.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

AKZ posted:

Nekrogoblin was solid!

:lol: im kinda considering getting tickets for their show in glasgow

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Indiana Jones chat: I thought Crystal Skull was meh, not great, but also not the horrible “this retroactively ruined my childhood and the previous movies!!!11!” take that so many people put out there when it was new. I haven’t sat down and watched it in a while, but I remember disliking Temple of Doom more. They’re all on Disney+ now, I should rewatch them and see if I still feel that way.

Keep in mind, I think Raiders and Last Crusade are arguably two of the best, most entertaining movies ever made, so comparing anything to those is very much an uphill battle, and most movies won’t hold up next to them.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqYyE2JNMfg

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

:neckbeard:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

called it

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I saw the 4th one in the theater (checks wikipedia: 15 years ago :monocle:) and I rememer not completely hating it but also finding it incredibly unnecessary and forgettable

I can only assume the newest one is like that only even more

4th one has a pretty decent opening act shot in real locations with actual moving vehicles and things

then they go to the CGI jungle and it really falls apart

feels like spielberg directed the first 30 minutes then it became a lucas film lol

the newest one is much better

not gonna claim it tops raiders or last crusade, but I had a good time and uh, it gets weird lol

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I don't believe you, TIP

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I don't believe you, TIP

TIP posted:

called it

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

dammit indiana jones you're ruining ANOTHER christmas :argh:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Ruby Gloom posted:

dammit indiana jones you're ruining ANOTHER christmas :argh:

I would watch an indiana jones christmas special

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

indiana jones and the kingdom of the santa claus

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

TIP posted:

"indiana jones has to steal then sell various artifacts to buy christmas presents for his many bastard childen, but santa claus teaches him the REAL meaning of christmas"

spoiler: the real meaning of christmas is not putting babies in underage girls, indy

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

TIP posted:

I’ll accept this only if it’s the American Dad version of Santa and Indy has to kill his way through swarms of elves

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Hello from porch fam

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

bagmonkey posted:

Hello from porch fam

All your plants look awesome

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

DorkusMalorkus posted:

All your plants look awesome

I’m gonna do a big yard/house post tonight cuz I’m mad proud of it. This is a small slice my friend

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

bagmonkey posted:

Hello from porch fam

is that a lobster in your table

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Ruby Gloom posted:

is that a lobster in your table

The table is actually a genuine New England lobster trap that’s been in the family since the 70s and we just keep fake lobsters in it because reasons

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

bagmonkey posted:

The table is actually a genuine New England lobster trap that’s been in the family since the 70s and we just keep fake lobsters in it because reasons

at this point it would be rude to NOT keep fake lobsters in it

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

bagmonkey posted:

Hello from porch fam

I see a weed.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
So there's a small chance I could get sent to Prague for a couple months for some training on a pretty niche piece of equipment from a company located there. I dunno what the odds are but our only guy who has gone at our branch is thinking of leaving us so someone needs to go at some point. Most of the more senior guys have kids and idk how interested any of the unmarried guys are but I am 1000% down to go. I heard a lot about Prague when I was in Europe backpacking and it sounds amazing

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

I’ve been joined by my porch buddy, Andrew W Kittens aka Andrew WK aka Mr Kittens aka Morrissey (I retired that one cuz… yeah)

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Anyway greetings from Kentucky, another state crossed off the list

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

bagmonkey posted:

I’ve been joined by my porch buddy, Andrew W Kittens aka Andrew WK aka Mr Kittens aka Morrissey (I retired that one cuz… yeah)

hello andrew w kittens i love you :3:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Revins posted:

So there's a small chance I could get sent to Prague for a couple months for some training on a pretty niche piece of equipment from a company located there. I dunno what the odds are but our only guy who has gone at our branch is thinking of leaving us so someone needs to go at some point. Most of the more senior guys have kids and idk how interested any of the unmarried guys are but I am 1000% down to go. I heard a lot about Prague when I was in Europe backpacking and it sounds amazing

nice! hopefully you get it, free travel would be awesome if you get to spend some actual time there

I had a girlfriend who regularly got sent around the world for work but it sucked because they'd be like "ok you're going to Amsterdam, for 4 hours, then you're getting on a flight and coming back"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Ruby Gloom posted:

hello andrew w kittens i love you :3:

:hmmyes: