Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

So what're the bets on little crow girl being a reincarnated Ai?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That would probably be the worst twist imaginable

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 37 hours!)

i swear, if we get to a PoV chapter with the killer, and he's talking to a white crow, i'm gonna lose my mind

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God what a great chapter.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

yeah it sure would suck if all of a sudden this story really sucked. luckily it's good so far, so i dont have to worry about that

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I guess we should've taken it as a warning sign last week when she was all "I've never thought of you as a brother."

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Well this was always a possible threat, though until there's reciprocity I don't think we should be panicking

GateOfD posted:

i swear, if we get to a PoV chapter with the killer, and he's talking to a white crow, i'm gonna lose my mind

Killerman already seems like a pretty lame feature from what we've seen honestly

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Rody One Half posted:

Well this was always a possible threat, though until there's reciprocity I don't think we should be panicking

i'm sure it's not going to be a thing, it was just done for the sake of the cliffhanger

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Usagi Drop PTSD itt

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Aqua won’t reciprocate, but maybe next reincarnation when they’re sent off to different non-related people.
Maybe even no memories this time, but fate will still give them an encounter on the last page

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

personally i dont want the two people who first met as a 30 year old and a 10 year old and then met as siblings to be in love

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

personally i dont want the two people who first met as a 30 year old and a 10 year old and then met as siblings to be in love

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Endorph posted:

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Endorph posted:

This "relationship" has become so convoluted that it could be considered as, all at once:

- a relationship between an adult and a child
- a relationship between two children
- a relationship between two adults
- a relationship between a doctor and their patient
- a relationship between an idol and an actor
- a relationship between two siblings
- a relationship between two not siblings

It's, uh, impressive?

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

This chapter dropping right before a break clearly makes it a power move and retroactively really funny, so I'm not too worried

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

but i think that promise was just him being nice to the sick patient, assuming she'd forget about it in favor of a nice boy her age well before then because misunderstanding marriage is a thing kids do sometimes

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

RuBisCO posted:

This "relationship" has become so convoluted that it could be considered as, all at once:

- a relationship between an adult and a child
- a relationship between two children
- a relationship between a doctor and their patient
- a relationship between an idol and an actor
- a relationship between two siblings
- a relationship between two not siblings

It's, uh, impressive?

Take it any further and you'll be getting into Chief/Cortana levels of relationship weirdness.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RuBisCO posted:

this one is kind of off the table. ruby's literally never physically experienced being an adult. getting to be 12 twice doesnt make her 24.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Endorph posted:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

RuBisCO posted:

This chapter dropping right before a break clearly makes it a power move and retroactively really funny, so I'm not too worried

yeah, he's literally gonna bop her in the head and say "you know better" and it'll be a comedy moment

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Aka is probably having a massive laugh at people panicking and over reacting

Same with mengo tbh

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Takoluka posted:

yeah, he's literally gonna bop her in the head and say "you know better" and it'll be a comedy moment

could literally hear the canned audience laughter while reading this post

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
But how will Ruby feel about other girls interested in Aqua?

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Shugojin posted:

but i think that promise was just him being nice to the sick patient, assuming she'd forget about it in favor of a nice boy her age well before then because misunderstanding marriage is a thing kids do sometimes

I always assumed it was dark humor because she wasn't going to live that long.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The real question we should be asking

is where's Memcho

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

blossommirage posted:

I always assumed it was dark humor because she wasn't going to live that long.

Yeah, they both knew that she wasn't going to live that long and she called him a meanie for it. It was just his way of jokingly rejecting her.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Rody One Half posted:

is where's Memcho

same, but Kana

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Rody One Half posted:

is where's Memcho

no one ever asks "How is Memcho"

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Rody One Half posted:

is where's Memcho

One would have to assume she is fulfilling all the idol jobs now that the other 2/3rds of the group are pursuing their acting careers.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

yeah we know she's overworked

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I like the deliberate covering of Ruby's left eye on almost every close frame until showing that the star is no longer black.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

a pipe smoking dog posted:

One would have to assume she is fulfilling all the idol jobs now that the other 2/3rds of the group are pursuing their acting careers.

She has her own streamer thing going on too fwiw. It's just that the series doesn't really go into it since she's just a supporting character and not involved in the competition for Aqua either.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

wrong thread

marumaru fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jul 7, 2023

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

something i appreciate is that the chapter is titled "bad move" so i think that's reassuring

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
I think the reason that chapter was titled "Bad Move" was that it was a bad move for Aka to introduce the possibility of incest into this story.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It was a bad move for aqua to reveal his true identity because it led to this chapter

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Just read through the manga and caught up to the current chapter. It's quite good.

E: When I started and was partway through the Tokyo Blade play my girlfriend asked me if they'd ever bring up the reincarnation thing again and I said no. Cannot believe how owned I have been.

Saagonsa fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jul 10, 2023

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Endorph posted:

i cant believe someones being unhealthy and weird in oshi no ko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage