Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Mailer posted:

He's a bloom guy. I've got him at somewhere over 1k EM, with a +80 EM/Dendro set, but I'm desperately trying to find him an ER sands with maxed EM on it. He wants all the EM and 200+ ER and that's... kind of a bitch. Combined with Nilou and a Dendro set Baizhu, though, when he hits E the world dies.

How usable he is without Nilou? And what weapon do you put on him? Rainslasher feels like a waste and I was hoping an extra skill usage from sac sword would make a difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.

delfin posted:

I'm at 127 vouchers and tapping out. I know of at least one in the underground that I can't work out how to reach, one challenge that I can't clear (the mushrooms by the choo-choo station, they're beefy and love to fly just out of range), and there's the one whose disguise never works, keeps turning into a bush and then that seems to repeat endlessly at intervals.

For the mushroom challenge, I needed to switched to my ranged team (Ganyu) as melee was struggling there.

85 vouchers for myself, I started farming them yesterday but then I realized I don't care as much and can wait until I'l stumble whatever I need to stumble upon during the rest of the story. And get the rest after that.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Leraika posted:

this is a stupid thing to be impressed by but the voucher compass works so much better than any other compass in the game and I hope they keep that design going forward.

beta testing rail travel AND compass function :hai:

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Animations are out for the new characters and the only one that's super interesting is hydro traveler (she's not interesting because she's good lol). Looks like her cooldown on her weird cuphead fingergun stance only starts when she leaves it, so the viability of stuff like Sac Sword and Thundering Fury is up in the air at the moment. But she's a hydro that does hydro stuff for 13/20 seconds, soo...
Main roles I can think of off the top of my head would be:

1. Second hydro in hyperbloom (please clap). I mean, as far as hydros go, she certainly is one of them :shrug:
Something like Ayato/HMC/Nahida/Shinobu would work, but the problem is that Ayato doesn't ACTUALLY have huge amounts of downtime that need filling. I don't think she can do all the hydro stuff alone, though, and she has anti-synergy with Xingqiu/Yelan in fingergun mode, so her options are limited. Unless you ignore fingergun mode entirely, which you can, and probably should :(

2. Second hydro in vape. If the burst bubble doesn't mess up too badly by going through and then past enemies then she can be a functional Xingqiu/Yelan buddy for Hu Tao and the such. Not gonna be fingergunning in these teams :(

3. Dehya. If they release Dehya with, like, good numbers, HMC's frontloaded and seemingly concentrated burst hydro app that doesn't require normal attacks should be more than enough to enable them. I guess. Don't try to use Lyney this way. Please :(

Her onfield hydro has huge downtime, and her off field hydro has different huge downtime, leaving her in the funky state of having both uptime issues and annoying field time requirements. Overall pretty meh. Would probably say that she's decently worse than C1 Candace, but coming from me that's not the hideous slur it might be from other people. The new floor for hydro (probably).

That being said, if Candace dealt Deshret-type damage that was needed against forest-aligned enemies people would probably have a higher view of her (tho probably a lower view of the combat designers). Using only tap skills and possibly Sac Sword, HMC is looking to be the least intrusive Pneuma character we've got for the 4.0 patch. Possibly longer, if they follow up Pneuma Lyney with Ousia Whoever in 4.1. Will it be an obnoxious mechanic that steals teamslots, or a nothing mechanic that you mostly ignore? I never did end up caring if I electrified or burned the mushrooms in the end, so we're gonna have to wait and see.

Archon hyperbloom machine gun is gonna be really fun in overworld :v:

All the other characters are normal. Lynette seems fun and functional, not gonna be super sad to replace Kazuha if Ousia damage is needed. Uhhh, disclaimer, the teams dps will go down, a lot.

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jul 6, 2023

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I hope they scrap the whole pneuma-ousia thing because its incredibly stupid and punishes you for wanting to play with the characters you like

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
New obstacle: Eula wants Cryo Hypostasis drops, and I don't recall that being possible to beat outside of co-op.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Excelzior posted:

I hope they scrap the whole pneuma-ousia thing because its incredibly stupid and punishes you for wanting to play with the characters you like

Yeah that's got strong 'designed ourselves into a corner and can't be bothered' energy if I'm honest.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind

delfin posted:

New obstacle: Eula wants Cryo Hypostasis drops, and I don't recall that being possible to beat outside of co-op.

I don't recall it being particularly difficult to beat. Perhaps if you have zero Pyro characters built?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

delfin posted:

Yanfei tears it to shreds (not as well as hu tao, but one of these is easier to get your hands on). You do want to bring someone with a sword to knock its spikeballs back at it, though. They've got the best charge attacks for that.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

delfin posted:

I avoided that fight for ages because I'd tried it and it took me ages and I had to keep healing. Went back recently to grind out the bits I needed to level someone or other and... Its actually not that bad. Like its never going to be the boss speed run that say the pyro or cryo regisvine are, but its not really any worse than the other cubes are. Things I didnt have the first time I fought it that I did have when I went back to it; A decent enough team (A pyro dps, a shielder, someone with a fast normal charged attack to bat the ice balls back at it), access to the goulash that reduces cold (honestly pretty much optional, I do spend most of the fight hanging out by the arenas patio heating but it bugs me otherwise), and most importantly at least some grasp of the mechanics of the fight.

edit: Its charged attacks that hit the iceballs, I misstyped. I like sword users for returning them myself, I was trying to use Diluc to do it the first time (as he was my pryro DPS) and his charged attacks sent them off at weird angles a lot of the time.

SiKboy fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jul 6, 2023

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

delfin posted:

If you're playing it on PC you should absolutely take advantage of the keyboard and ask for help fighting it. Typing on console's such a pain in the rear end that I stopped doing surveys

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Zenostein posted:

Yanfei tears it to shreds (not as well as hu tao, but one of these is easier to get your hands on). You do want to bring someone with a sword to knock its spikeballs back at it, though. They've got the best charge attacks for that.
The cubes tend to have somewhat specific team requirements: they're all perma-infused with their own element so you need something that can deal with that, geo cube is easier with a claymore or certain geo characters, cryo cube is easier if you have a sword character (even more so if it's Bennett), pyro cube is way easier with any hydro catalyst, hydro cube blobs are annoying for most characters not named Nahida to chase down, and dendro cube requires you to bring a dendro character in addition to a team that doesn't actually do dendro damage.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The Cryo cube is a piece of cake with Hu Tao, Klee or Yanfei but if you don't have them I can see it being a pain. Just put your best pyro in there and punt the frozen spikeball things back at it before going nuts on it.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Incoherence posted:

hydro cube blobs are annoying for most characters not named Nahida to chase down

i just shot them with ganyu but i think diona would work okay too, maybe fischl idk i never tried an electro archer for that role

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Stare-Out posted:

punt the frozen spikeball things back at it

That was the part I was missing. Back in the day when Dragonspine was new, that stumped all of us, seemingly, so we had one dedicated spikeball beater while the others worked on the shield. But that was just knocking them away, not directionally.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

UHD posted:

i just shot them with ganyu but i think diona would work okay too, maybe fischl idk i never tried an electro archer for that role
Ayaka's exit-sprint-animation cryo proc into a single infused normal attack also pops them, and is probably just as quick as an archer's charged attacks.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
The secret ingredient to ice cube is Diona. Any bow aimed shot counts as a charge attack to bounce back the spikeballs, diona's shield is extra effective against all its attacks, and her speed passive is useful in allowing you to reposition quickly. Doesn't even need to be leveled up that much if you have another healer 👍

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Danakir posted:

Yeah that's got strong 'designed ourselves into a corner and can't be bothered' energy if I'm honest.

Honestly that's been the issue with the combat for ages now.

I looked up what the pneuma-ousia mechanic was, and wow is that going to be annoying. What is up with Hoyo just creating an annoying mechanic for players to deal with in every expansion?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Oh, now that I know that you have to actually hit the cube directly with its own iceballs, it's not bad. Before, I was running around sending them flying away and then wondering why the shield was still at 80% and I could never knock off its last centimeter of healthbar.

Been a long while since I've needed to do this, but I think some of my resin's headed for the Mora blossoms. I've burned through 3M since coming back, and new characters and their artifacts won't level themselves.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Nahida is such a cute fluffball

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Shinji2015 posted:

Honestly that's been the issue with the combat for ages now.

I looked up what the pneuma-ousia mechanic was, and wow is that going to be annoying. What is up with Hoyo just creating an annoying mechanic for players to deal with in every expansion?

"You will keep dealing with it to do Abyss."

Is there a Mihoyo smiley?

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
and you all thought i was crazy to suggest 4.0 would shake up the combat

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
O/P doesn't sound like it introduces much of interest, but it also only seems to act as an optional stun on some enemies. So it'll be an annoying part of farmable bosses and Abyss (which will always be annoying anyway) and won't matter anywhere else it comes up.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
it'll matter for only floor 12 which is less than a single draw every 2 weeks

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Eventually I'll complete floor 12 of the abyss. Maybe. Probably.

or not

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Farthest I've gotten is 10 and I refuse to get the artifacts for any further than that.

Last I checked they had hydro cubes and I've never had a reason to do those in the open world to begin with

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
hydro cube is ironically piss easy now with dendro, especially nahida. grinding it to prefarm kokomi is hilariously fast because she and her hyperbloom team just delete it and its gimmicks instantly

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Popped the first chest in Klee's adventure land and got hit with a warning my artifact inventory was full, somehow.

After sacrificing ~700 to the mulching box, I ended up with 4 potentially usable bloodstained pieces. Artifacts suck, man.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
of all the improvements hsr has, the one i want backported most to genshin is the feature to mulch trash tier artifacts into artifact exp items

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Garrand posted:

Eventually I'll complete floor 12 of the abyss. Maybe. Probably.

Completing 12 isn't hard, though it's certainly harder some rotations, as long as you're willing to put up with a shitload of repetition and other bullshit. As long as you have a reasonable roster it's just matter of if you want to spend a ton of time for that extra 50-100 gems. The answer is no.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Phase 2 of HydroDisney was pretty straightforward. I finally got Kaeya's costume, and cleared all of the goals except for 2:30 in the timed battle arena. If I can crack three minutes, I feel good about it.

Kale
May 14, 2010

So let me get this straight since I got home late last night after sleeping like poo poo all week and decided to get the event started. So Klee was invited out to visit a friend of her mothers who is living in some sort of genie bottle domain in the desert and Eula's cousin heard a rumor about it and is possibly looking to make a wish to ressurect their clans fortunes and Eula is there to stop him from potentially abusing it. Kaeya is accompanying us along the way and Kokomi was already there cause she's touring the world they're doing a hydro theme before Fontaine and shes the best possible rep. Also she lied about here origin story cause she's a huge weeb or something. Also somehow the domain literally got flipped upside down right before everyone but Kokomi arrived and we've gotta help the NPC of the arc put it all back together and she's another social anxiety spaz like Collei to play off of. I gather thats the gist of it and I didnt hallucinate anything in the hour or so long session I put in.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Mailer posted:

Completing 12 isn't hard, though it's certainly harder some rotations, as long as you're willing to put up with a shitload of repetition and other bullshit. As long as you have a reasonable roster it's just matter of if you want to spend a ton of time for that extra 50-100 gems. The answer is no.

Yeah just being able to complete it usually isnt too bad. The current abyss 12 is a real bitch tho. Full of elemental shields that require teams of multiple elements to break quickly. And those goddamn beasts the first half of 12-3 are a nightmare without a good shielder/healer as they stunlock you like crazy and are tanky as hell.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1677346025068023809

Kind of love that it comes with the goofy decoy.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I carefully marked all the treasure chest locations before realizing we get a compass for it :dumb:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

accidentally did a 10-pull because my inputs are flipped between this and star rail

got Klee

could've been worse I guess

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I can't remember what banner it was but I did waste a guaranteed 5* pull on a crap banner once because the button inputs on PS4/5 are the exact same for both "In BP window, access daily tasks, claim all" (R1->Triangle) and "In Banner window, choose second banner, do a 10 pull if you have the fates" because on the wheel the BP menu and the Banner window are right next to each other and the right stick can be pretty sensitive and claiming BP stuff is firmly in my muscle memory at this point.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Anora posted:

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1677346025068023809

Kind of love that it comes with the goofy decoy.
if they wanted it to be accurate it should come with thrilling tales

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

It's also her real/original/international/non-censored outit, which is nice for figure collectors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i gave my mona a widsith because seeing her ult pop six digits makes me smile