Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Z the IVth posted:

The farmers will need mine plows in addition to their regular plows.

Just put the regular plow in front of the tractor.

You can even plant/seed in the same pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

gradenko_2000 posted:

they had Colin Powell headline the 2020 DNC!!!

I can't remember, did Jimmy Carter show up to that? if so did they do a vietnam warcrime appologia / coverup wonder twins dance?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Buffer posted:

I can't remember, did Jimmy Carter show up to that?

yup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPyHlx-Tpsg

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Is there Farming Simulator DLC where you have to farm a field full of different undetonated munitions? Cluster, mines, old WWII bomb.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Hatebag posted:

Are all the cluster bombs still made in new Hampshire? Looked around and couldn't figure it out, but i did find this

"israel and its trade partners"
how broad is the definition of trade partners?
is it just to cover the unrecognized occupied territories or could it have been used to block boycotts of apartheid south africa?

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Is there Farming Simulator DLC where you have to farm a field full of different undetonated munitions? Cluster, mines, old WWII bomb.

Best I can do is turn field rocks on and pretend they are UXO but I don't know if we can mod the pitiful amount of damage they do to equipment to be more catastrophic like actual UXO.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1677334443067953152?t=xhaQT3zFcH3QMKotI22EJg&s=19

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
Farmers still get killed by UXO from the Great War here, what makes those twitter loving morons believe that those cluster bomb won't mean thousands of Ukrainians maimed or killed for the coming hundred years?

Or are Ukrainians only worth something as an untangible, ethereal avatar of freedom instead of real people of flesh and blood?

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

i say swears online posted:

for lots of the world yes, but,

can't wait for germany et al to condemn this decision

I like to think this means Greenland signed separately from Denmark just to spite them

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Nuclear War posted:

I like to think this means Greenland signed separately from Denmark just to spite them

more people should do things just to spite denmark

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

So do German Tornados no longer fly with the MW-1?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kLqCxCLKfGk&pp=ygUMdG9ybmFkbyBtdy0x

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OW97iWx2zHg&pp=ygUMdG9ybmFkbyBtdy0x

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
like what is the point of saying "Russia has been bombing Ukraine with cluster munitions"?

okay, yes, they have been doing that. I'd rather they didn't. Is Putin on twitter?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
chill out, technically when they use cluster bombs theyll only be doing a war crime to themselves

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

January 6 Survivor posted:

Farmers still get killed by UXO from the Great War here, what makes those twitter loving morons believe that those cluster bomb won't mean thousands of Ukrainians maimed or killed for the coming hundred years?

Or are Ukrainians only worth something as an untangible, ethereal avatar of freedom instead of real people of flesh and blood?

because they would be the russian speaking ukrainians op

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ2lw19OdJ0&pp=ygUMdG9ybmFkbyBtdy0x

More of a cluster plane, really.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
it's like when you say "I don't think the US should be sending weapons to Azov" and the comeback is "oh but did you know Wagner is nazis?"

yeah okay I don't think the US should be sending weapons to them either

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

very jaunty intro for your war crime bomb demo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

it's like when you say "I don't think the US should be sending weapons to Azov" and the comeback is "oh but did you know Wagner is nazis?"

war is actually a zero sum game played carefully where every scrap of thought not dedicated to helping the Good Guys is energy spent towards helping the Bad Guys. war is NOT a messy and unnecessary clusterfuck where powerful people from two or more nations feed their people into the meat grinder so the pretend line can move a few miles

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

this reply was put on hold for the 48 hours when Wagner became the good guys

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Best Friends posted:

this reply was put on hold for the 48 hours when Wagner became the good guys

I was just thinking that

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

gradenko_2000 posted:

whataboutism for thee ukraine but not for me

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

This is the kind of person who hears that Texas has a larger GDP than Russia and thinks that's what matters lmao.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I'm cheering on the use of cluster munitions. No worse than landmines, which are already in use. Plus the cluster munitions will be used against orcs.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Megamissen posted:

"israel and its trade partners"
how broad is the definition of trade partners?
is it just to cover the unrecognized occupied territories or could it have been used to block boycotts of apartheid south africa?

Doesn't Isreal trade with Russia?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

quote:

“He never got wounded. He never got hurt on any of the operations, with the exception of one concussion,” his father, Jon Frank, told the Southern California News Group in a phone interview on Tuesday, July 4. Then, “he was killed on leave eating in a restaurant by a Russian collaborator, who called in a (missile) strike.”

uhhh how does he know the missile strike was called in by a russian collaborator

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

January 6 Survivor posted:

But the dud rate is so much better* now. Instead of a century later people still getting killed, it will only be multiple decades.

*As advertised by the manufacturer. Actual dud rate may differ from manufacturer claim.

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Some Guy TT posted:

uhhh how does he know the missile strike was called in by a russian collaborator

IIRC, Russia claimed the strike was done after an informant told them Ukraine was using the place for military personnel.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Who are we eliminating today?

It hasn't been a week yet, be patient.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Nuclear War posted:

It's a mistake, Denmark is a signatory.

Megamissen posted:

more people should do things just to spite denmark

:agreed:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Cerebral Bore posted:

i see that the cluster bomb connoisseur has logged on

Cerebral Bore posted:

aren't cluster munitions mainly useful for creating ersatz minefields and terrorizing civilians?

I guess if you don't want to know about them, yeah, we can stick with they are only good for creating minefields and terrorizing civilians. Very bad of Russia to use them in such large numbers, if that's all they can do: mine Russia's claimed homeland and terrorize the civilians in Russia's claimed oblasts. Was just trying to provide a littler bit more context on how they can be useful in conflict (with obvious downsides), but there are a lot of motivated thinkers who would be happy to believe your first claim that Russia only seeks to place minefields among civilians and terrorize civilians.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Both sides are claiming east Ukraine to themselves so both sides are doing war crimes to their own country and their own farmers.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Turtle Sandbox posted:

This is the kind of person who hears that Texas has a larger GDP than Russia and thinks that's what matters lmao.

Well it does if all countries follow the international rules based order and adopt free trade policies, thus enabling the US to fire salvos of mortgage backed securities into the heart of Russia.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

like what is the point of saying "Russia has been bombing Ukraine with cluster munitions"?

okay, yes, they have been doing that. I'd rather they didn't. Is Putin on twitter?

Russia already using cluster munitions makes it apparent that they're not going to be a war winning weapon, so what's the real utility proposition here?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Timetable of war-changing weapons:

- Javelins
- Himars
- Leopard tanks
- F16's
- Cluster bombs

What am I missing?
-

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Pistol_Pete posted:

- Javelins
- Himars
- Leopard tanks
- F16's
- Cluster bombs

What am I missing?
-

nukes

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

M777 between javelin and himars.

ATACMS somewhere at the end there.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Pistol_Pete posted:

- Javelins
- Himars
- Leopard tanks
- F16's
- Cluster bombs

What am I missing?
-

Fake giving the M1.

Storm Shadow and british version of MANPAD that also has a stupid high fantasy name.

Starlink got a few days of articles.

"The incompetence of the Russian military leadership" via the Pentagon leaks.

stephenthinkpad has issued a correction as of 17:20 on Jul 7, 2023

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

oh yes the NLAW paired with Javelin.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Some Guy TT posted:

Ukraine initiated a witch hunt after the pizza restaurant strike, it was a thing on twitter in the aftermath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

supersnowman posted:

*As advertised by the manufacturer. Actual dud rate may differ from manufacturer claim.

83x higher per the case of Lebanon.