Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

u_s_eh
Feb 19, 2005

I AM ALL I AM NONE
Is there a vaporwave vinyl ethos where they actually give a poo poo about quality? Finally going through my backlog and got to two vaporwave comps from different labels, both had nice poly sleeves, the vinyl was pristine, zero surface noise.

Just a fluke or is this a vaporwave thing? Most of my “regular” records come with lovely paper sleeves, scuffs and/or paw prints, and sometimes even fucken hair all over the vinyl itself. Lots of issues with surface noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

u_s_eh posted:

Is there a vaporwave vinyl ethos where they actually give a poo poo about quality? Finally going through my backlog and got to two vaporwave comps from different labels, both had nice poly sleeves, the vinyl was pristine, zero surface noise.

Just a fluke or is this a vaporwave thing? Most of my “regular” records come with lovely paper sleeves, scuffs and/or paw prints, and sometimes even fucken hair all over the vinyl itself. Lots of issues with surface noise.

Ooh, which comps? :allears:

My worst sounding record is the Tron Legacy OST I got from Target, so I assume Disney gives zero shits.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Some recent buys, Grian Chatten with Chaos for the Fly, really great album different vibe from Fontaines DC.

BC Camplight with The Last Rotation of Earth

There both on white vinyl for some reason

The mighty Slime City with Death Club, fairly niche that one even if you are from Scotland it's fairly obscure.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
https://mondoshop.com/pages/the-record-shop

Mondo restocked their Castlevania game soundtracks.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

RubberLuffy posted:

Hell yeah snagged the OG Castlevania score and Symphony of the Night, thanks for the heads up :hmmyes:

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

RubberLuffy posted:

drat, I was going to retire off my SotN record. At least I still have Katamari...

Pretzellogic
Mar 4, 2005

"I wouldn't..."

u_s_eh posted:

A E S T H E T I C = a quality experience. Also, which comps?

Read After Burning posted:

My worst sounding record is the Tron Legacy OST I got from Target, so I assume Disney gives zero shits.
Disc one, side A of the Tron: Legacy OST is one of the worst sounding new LPs I've ever heard. I returned mine for another thinking it was a fluke. It wasn't

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Pretzellogic posted:

A E S T H E T I C = a quality experience. Also, which comps?

Disc one, side A of the Tron: Legacy OST is one of the worst sounding new LPs I've ever heard. I returned mine for another thinking it was a fluke. It wasn't

My partner's worst is a The Sword album (I forget which one) that is completely filled with pops and rustling noises, he was so bummed.

His FF7 picture disc also sounds fairly bad, but he A) expected it, B) barely spins it, and C) thinks the noise kinda "fits".

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I got that Blade Runner picture disc that came out for RSD a couple years ago and that poo poo is straight doodoo.

On the opposite site, my picture disc of Polysics' Hey Bob! My Friend is surprisingly great. Probably 'cause it's crunchy by design:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r0jAIL6Xfs

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
Ain't ever bought a picture disc and never will.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Picture disks very rarely look good, let alone the sound

u_s_eh
Feb 19, 2005

I AM ALL I AM NONE

Read After Burning posted:

https://geometriclullaby.bandcamp.com/album/further-regions-20-years-of-exploration (nmesh)

https://mypetflamingo.bandcamp.com/album/nobody-here-eccos-of-the-past (Purple and Black Swirl)

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Hell yeah! I have the latter. :hfive:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

The latest addition to my collection arrived today:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Never heard of it but the cover puts it on the wishlist.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

caligulamprey posted:

Never heard of it but the cover puts it on the wishlist.

I'm already arguing with myself about whether I want the Crowley vinly I've seen to go along with my official Church of Satan black mass record and now you bring this to my attention.

I only have so much money and space for weird occult vinly :argh:

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I ordered both “On the Border “ and “One of these Nights” off discogs because they’re both super cheap, and I’ve come to terms with the fact that I never actually hated the Eagles.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

RubberLuffy posted:

Thanks for posting this, grabbed Rondo, SOTN, and the Music From S3 of Twin Peaks.

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can
Got new video game music in. A fan album of Majora's Mask and the Stray soundtrack.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

caligulamprey posted:

I got that Blade Runner picture disc that came out for RSD a couple years ago and that poo poo is straight doodoo.

On the opposite site, my picture disc of Polysics' Hey Bob! My Friend is surprisingly great. Probably 'cause it's crunchy by design:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r0jAIL6Xfs

I have a flexi picture disc. I'm pretty sure it also has a crease in it and is unplayable. It's not on discogs apparently, but I found this picture on eBay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIV29LlbEyM

:discourse:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

My wife put on some renovation show on Netflix for background noise while we cooked some pizza and we noticed at one point I notice this person has some model of an AudioTechnica player just sitting in their front room. After they cleaned up their house (they actually did a pretty good job) I noticed they changed the AT player to some Crosley all in one loving thing. And of course they had to make the people say, "CANT WAIT TO PLAY MY RECORDS ON THAT!!". I hope they trashed it.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Crosleys are hideous to me. No idea how they sound but given how gimmicky looking all their stuff is I'm going to say bad?

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Vintersorg posted:

My wife put on some renovation show on Netflix for background noise while we cooked some pizza and we noticed at one point I notice this person has some model of an AudioTechnica player just sitting in their front room. After they cleaned up their house (they actually did a pretty good job) I noticed they changed the AT player to some Crosley all in one loving thing. And of course they had to make the people say, "CANT WAIT TO PLAY MY RECORDS ON THAT!!". I hope they trashed it.

I'm going to spend the rest of my day in blind rage thank you for this

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Ended up grabbing this monster.

Also: had a dream where CPL wired me a bunch of cash to buy Thanksgiving dinners as an olive branch for people who were arguing in this thread.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Anyone still getting their free vinyl dribbling in? I ordered two, got one a week ago (showed up with no tracking, info, etc.), and don't have the other one yet.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

stealie72 posted:

Anyone still getting their free vinyl dribbling in? I ordered two, got one a week ago (showed up with no tracking, info, etc.), and don't have the other one yet.

The rest of mine showed up last week. I'm sure you'll eventually get it.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

This is an act of jihad

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I have that same AT turntable and I had to rip a lot of the guts out, but it works fine now.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

No! No!!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It's one of those stupid fuckin briefcase ones too. I hate those!!

You know what rules? Having both sides of the disc exposed at all times with no dust cover

Heath fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jul 10, 2023

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

stealie72 posted:

Yep. First one arrived out of the blue with no tracking, then the second took like a week of sitting in "Ordered" before getting tracking that took another week to actually arrive.

Just keep an eye on the mail, it'll eventually get to you.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Today's deliveries:

Brand New - Deja Entendu
Brand New - The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me
Suikoden II soundtrack

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Hotstamp My Home Open Crosley Overhaul

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I ordered a Compact Disc from Bandcamp because I wanted to play it in the car and my Crosley briefcase is at the toilet store. Will post once it arrives

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Does Needlejuice have a goon affiliation or am I mis-remembering? About to be dumb and drop $300 on Gizz bootlegs there regardless.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It does yeah. Can’t remember who it is tho

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Murder

stealie72 posted:

My first one arrived two Mondays ago, the second (Who Sell Out) arrived one Monday ago, and the third... not yet :(

caligulamprey posted:

Ended up grabbing this monster.

Also: had a dream where CPL wired me a bunch of cash to buy Thanksgiving dinners as an olive branch for people who were arguing in this thread.

How much was it? I'm terrified to ask.

Edit: I mean The Cardiacs, not how much did incorporeal CPL wire you

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Vinyl Me Please got one of the original founders and artists behind Mondo for an upcoming soundtrack line they’re going to do. Cautiously optimistic because VMP can be a shitshow at times but when it’s good it’s good, and Mondo was great in the early days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

pwn posted:

How much was it? I'm terrified to ask.
Came to £125.25 to have it shipped stateside. I (mostly) passed up Vinegar Syndrome, Severin and Criterion sales this month to grab one, 'cause I knew it'd be a stomach punch.

There will be a standard edition coming out later in the year if you wanna hold off on goofy trinkets, but it'll still be import prices.