Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

BGrifter posted:

Now that we have new people discovering the magic of Daredevil, shove him into a deck with Professor X and Spider-Man to enjoy the most fun combos in the game!

I see Spidey/Prof X/Hobgoblin, and Prof. X is becoming the norm, but it used to be 99% Hobgoblin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Jedit posted:

It does, but you need to respect the sequence of events. Triggers that occur in the middle of another OR or effect have their conditions determined at the time of stacking but don't resolve until after the first OR is complete. A good example is Phoenix Force recovering Mister Sinister in Sinister London. The sequence of events goes like this:

A1) Phoenix Force (5/6) recovers Mister Sinister (2/2).
B1) Mister Sinister's OR stacks with power value 2.
A2) Phoenix Force merges with Mister Sinister. Mister Sinister-PF enters play with 8 power.
C1) Sinister London stacks to create a copy of Mister Sinister-PF.
A3) Phoenix Force's OR gives Mister Sinister-PF "~ can move each turn".
B2) A Sinister Clone with 2 power appears at Sinister London.
C2) A copy of Mister Sinister-PF appears at a random location. This copy has 8 power but cannot move.
D1) Mister Sinister-PF (copy)'s OR stacks and creates a Sinister Clone with 8 power.

If you're wondering why Sinister London triggers after the merge but Mister Sinister triggers before it, it's because ORs can stack during other ORs but location effects cannot. Phoenix Force is also unique in that it has two ORs, one to bring the card into play and merge and the other to grant the merged card a move ability. This is necessary as after a merge, the card being merged no longer exists. This is why Hulkbuster recovered with Phoenix Force doesn't get the move ability or the power - it's returned to play, it merges with a target, then Phoenix Force tries to merge but it's not there any more.

The order of A3 and C1 not being reversed defies one of the major rules of the game in that location abilities happen last

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Aero but especially juggernaut can be real good with daredevil too, I've been running a meatpile deck that wins/doc ocks one lane, then deny/juggernaut the other.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
There are just far too many people wanting to go multiple rounds in proving ground

Like dude :/

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

the_american_dream posted:

There are just far too many people wanting to go multiple rounds in proving ground

Like dude :/
When you when the 8 cube snap turn 1 and they still want to fight

:<

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Just hit Infinite with a High Evo/Wave deck I saw posted on Twitter last week. I played a bit of Sera Control too, but mostly this:

Pretty easy cruise up from 73, I think I've figured out that if I play late morning in my time zone (especially during the work week) there are far fewer actual players and my proportion of bot opponents goes way up.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

victorious posted:

Just hit Infinite with a High Evo/Wave deck I saw posted on Twitter last week. I played a bit of Sera Control too, but mostly this:

Pretty easy cruise up from 73, I think I've figured out that if I play late morning in my time zone (especially during the work week) there are far fewer actual players and my proportion of bot opponents goes way up.

How often would you say Odin actually saw play? I'd almost drop him for Shang-chi or Enchantress.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

bowmore posted:

When you when the 8 cube snap turn 1 and they still want to fight

:<

I had some guy lose the first match for four cubes and then drag it out for six more goddamned rounds of retreating any time I snapped or things didn’t go his way before I finally put him out of his misery.

I really wish there were just a straight up “gently caress you” emoji. Just have Wolverine’s hand with only the middle claw extended.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I want a zzz emote but I don't know who has a sleeping superpower

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Sleepwalker or maybe Vertigo

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Snazzy Frocks posted:

That meme of Robert Downey Jr. doing the “Oh, god, please just kill me, already” face.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

New Leaf posted:

How often would you say Odin actually saw play? I'd almost drop him for Shang-chi or Enchantress.

Pretty much every game. Turn 4 Wave into Turn 5 Odin into Turn 6 Doom or Hulk is crazy strong.

Edit: If you'e got Sunspot and Cyclops in one lane, playing Wave and Odin there basically locks it up and then Hulk usually wins another lane on his own.

The least -used card in the deck (other than HE) is probably Abomination, but even he can win you games every now and then.

victorious fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jul 7, 2023

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Phylodox posted:

I had some guy lose the first match for four cubes and then drag it out for six more goddamned rounds of retreating any time I snapped or things didn’t go his way before I finally put him out of his misery.

I really wish there were just a straight up “gently caress you” emoji. Just have Wolverine’s hand with only the middle claw extended.
Ugh, yes we do need that

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
So just to be clear on order of operations for Phoenix, if an 8 power black panther is what's dead, it will revive panther, bump him to 16 and then merge for 22?

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

CapnAndy posted:

Is there a PC version? Or is there an android version you can run on PCs?

Yeah, I just play on Steam during my morning meetings. That being said I don't know if it's a straight port of the android version or if there are any differences of note.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

OxMan posted:

Aero but especially juggernaut can be real good with daredevil too, I've been running a meatpile deck that wins/doc ocks one lane, then deny/juggernaut the other.

Aero with Daredevil in Electro Ramp is stupid fun. You play Sandman turn 4 and then move their one card somewhere stupid.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.

victorious posted:

Pretty much every game. Turn 4 Wave into Turn 5 Odin into Turn 6 Doom or Hulk is crazy strong.

Edit: If you'e got Sunspot and Cyclops in one lane, playing Wave and Odin there basically locks it up and then Hulk usually wins another lane on his own.
This is interesting. What are your ideal targets for Odin? Wave again to singleton the opponent, plus maybe Wasp or something?

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Your Odin plays are basically either: Wave, Odin, Doom/Hulk, or Wave, Doom, Odin. The former is far more common than the latter. Every now and then you get a repeat of Wasp or Thing's On Reveal but it's more often than not coincidental. For reference, my record with that deck was 49 Wins, 20 Losses: 71% win rate, 1.57 average cubes.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

CapnAndy posted:

Is there a PC version? Or is there an android version you can run on PCs?

Beyond the Steam version there are always Android emulators. Like Bluestacks is quite easy to setup, although it has very big "this could turn into a crypto currency miner within a single update" energy.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Snazzy Frocks posted:

The order of A3 and C1 not being reversed defies one of the major rules of the game in that location abilities happen last

Hence my last paragraph. PF's On Reveal has to be two On Reveals to work - one to return the old card, one to give the new card move. If PF itself had move then C1 would happen after A3. But then PF would just be an extremely power crept version of Vision.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I played around with Phoenix some and now I kind of get it but it's still bad how it interacts with cloning zones

Phoenix appears then OR replaces it with dead card which does whatever it's gonna do + move and then Phoenix's stats get added.

I would expect one of two things to happen when playing Phoenix in clone zones:
A: finished product isn't what was played - Phoenix stopped existing and therefore is no longer able to be modified when the dead card replaced it - therefore the only logical clones can only be base Phoenixes that search for another dead card to merge
B: finished product is combination of Phoenix and the dead card et al and is cloned with all attributes included

What we get is:
C: phoenix calls up dead card and swaps out, let's it do it's thing, adds it's stats to it *record scratch* pause here to activate location stuff.... then at last sprinkle fairy dust on dead card prime

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

BGrifter posted:

Now that we have new people discovering the magic of Daredevil, shove him into a deck with Professor X and Spider-Man to enjoy the most fun combos in the game!

Just blind-play Professor X, you cowards.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
Just lmao at playing a darkhawk deck against lockjaw when they play jubilee into lockjaw and end up with two rocks

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

cinnamon rollout posted:

Just lmao at playing a darkhawk deck against lockjaw when they play jubilee into lockjaw and end up with two rocks

Lockjaw giveth and lockjaw also giveth rock

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I was playing lockjaw, got the 5 rocks location, threw down a rock and got back a blue marvel that made me win by literally a point (20% chance)

Sometimes you just gotta do it

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I love the subtle Tenacious D nods with “Rise of the Phoenix” and “Power to Move You”. Wonder if they’ll drop another reference this season.

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
Can someone crazier than I cross-reference the people wanting a middle finger emote against the people opposed to the very existence of the kamala emote

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

dangerburrd posted:

Can someone crazier than I cross-reference the people wanting a middle finger emote against the people opposed to the very existence of the kamala emote
Kamala middle finger would actually be funny. Getting flipped off is way more respectful than the current ms marvel. So I'm at least in both groups.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jul 7, 2023

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
Is this like an American south “telling someone ‘bless your heart’ is worse than saying you hope their kids die” thing? I honestly don’t get it, feel like I’m talking to aliens

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
It’s mobile/online gaming culture. Nothing positive is ever used without irony.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Got back to level 90, which was my goal for this week. I can now resume my quest for Infinite.

Nikumatic posted:

Yeah, Kamala's being just so positive and upbeat that it's impossible to read her as non-sarcastic. Especially when there's also a fist-bump emote that reads as sincere. If that one means "good job" -- and it does -- then Ms. Marvel must mean something else.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Recently I've seen a lot of people using "Snap?" after I snapped on T4 and then, like, retreat on T5. You won, stop being salty, I don't get it.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Kamala is winking, of course she's sarcastic.

In other news, I'm getting the hang of Phoenix Force

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013

Nikumatic posted:

So you should only have negative emotes because only negative emotions are expressed? That’s an extremely dreary worldview.

Things I’ve kamala’d at:

A dude playing a goblin the same time I fill the lane across from it

Getting a good x-mansion pull

A dude trying to Shang and abomination I played into the sewers

Elektra’ing a Kitty Pryde t1

Is there, in your mind, no polite expression of joy at these?

Basically: to put it in the terms of that one Twitter meme, kamala is me reaping and Deadpool is me sowing

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

dangerburrd posted:

So you should only have negative emotes because only negative emotions are expressed? That’s an extremely dreary worldview.

Things I’ve kamala’d at:

A dude playing a goblin the same time I fill the lane across from it

Getting a good x-mansion pull

A dude trying to Shang and abomination I played into the sewers

Elektra’ing a Kitty Pryde t1

Is there, in your mind, no polite expression of joy at these?

Basically: to put it in the terms of that one Twitter meme, kamala is me reaping and Deadpool is me sowing

Kamala is only ever interpreted rudely, if you Kamala'd at me after any of those I'd think you were basically teabagging me in an FPS. the only innocent emotes are fist bump, deadpool, and spider man. "Arrgghhhh" is probably fine

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
A brown girl smiling and giving a thumbs up is not a teabag.

All of my posted scenarios are misplays or bad luck, which is to say that this feels like misplaced anger at bad rng and one’s own mistakes. Take your Kamala’s in stride, let the sting of the emote help you remember the mistake and improve as a player. Literally everyone would be happier if you did this

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

dangerburrd posted:

All of my posted scenarios are misplays or bad luck, which is to say that this feels like misplaced anger at bad rng and one’s own mistakes. Take your Kamala’s in stride, let the sting of the emote help you remember the mistake and improve as a player. Literally everyone would be happier if you did this
You could also stop using that emote and use any of the others. That seems more productive than giving condescending advice here that we've all read a thousand times. But hey anonymous game click the buttons you want to click.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jul 7, 2023

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

dangerburrd posted:

Your intention is not the only thing that matters. Context and how it are received are important, as well. Communication includes both speaker and audience.

In this case, a handful of people here have explained to you that it is used (even if not by you) and received insultingly.

I'm not going to type any specific words but just use your imagination:

"So, what if I said ~antiquated word~? It's not bad because I didn't mean it that way. "It means something else, actually."

"Hey, you may not have known, but that's actually a slur and offensive. You probably shouldn't say that"

You then have the option to keep using that word or can realize a majority of others recognize it as a slur.

(note: this emote is not a slur but it works as an analogous teaching example)

---

poo poo, even outside of what I described above. Giving a thumbs up to someone else when you are successful at their expense is rude irl. So, it is a teabag. Your argument is removing any context. "It's just a brown girl giving a thumbs up" when using it exclusively in teabagging situations. Just like crouching on someone after killing them in an FPS is not "just hitting the crouch button." Anyways, enjoy the game and know you know moving forward.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jul 7, 2023

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Sandwolf posted:

Recently I've seen a lot of people using "Snap?" after I snapped on T4 and then, like, retreat on T5. You won, stop being salty, I don't get it.

I get "Snap?" after I've already lost and they were the ones that snapped in the first place..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kamala is the "nice move, idiot" emote.