Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Tiny Timbs posted:

I tried to get into the Two Sentence Horror sub because I saw some entertaining examples. The reality is that most contributors struggle very hard to put even two sentences together.

that's two sentences

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Tiny Timbs posted:

I tried to get into the Two Sentence Horror sub because I saw some entertaining examples. The reality is that most contributors struggle very hard to put even two sentences together. It’s really sad.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Make the second sentence a four-line run-on

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

new creature just dropped

the devil :devil:

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
Two sentence horror is bad but writing prompts was the worst.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Reading any writing-related subreddit reminds me of taking community college writing workshop classes. There's some interesting writing and a few standout writers with a clear voice, but then the rest of it is so bad that you can't even provide feedback about it outside of tearing it apart.

Tiny Timbs posted:

Make the second sentence a four-line run-on

For what it's worth that is an actual TwoSentenceHorror post at the top of New as of when I posted it.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jul 5, 2023

PortobelloPirate
Jul 5, 2023

Whoforthenwhat posted:

Me too. Removing Rif pretty much killed it for me.

I logged into the website the other day and the lack of moderation is starting to show. It was always plenty of poo poo posts but it's noticeably worse now that the mods aren't doing much, if anything more than the bare minimum.

Or I just really saw how garbage it was all along.

Same here. As soon as Apollo said they’d have to shut down I started looking for alternatives. I’ve had this place bookmarked for years, but Reddit had me hooked deep. This is literally my first post.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
the goldbelly fund thanks u for ur :10bux: contribution

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks
The worst fiction writing based subs are and will always be r/relationship_advice and r/AITA

Cousin Todd posted:

Which song do you guys most closely associate with your early days of internet piracy? All this talk made this song pop into my head and remember installing Napster on all the highschool classroom computers.

For me it's the songs with the wrong artist listed as the performer. I still have a .mp3 of "Closing Time" by Green Day, and who can forget about The Ramones classic banger "Tainted Love"

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I was eating out my girlfriend but then her pussy was the creature.

But then I realized she was a robot and I was seeing my own reflection in her metal skin and I was the creature and also a pussy.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

PortobelloPirate posted:

Same here. As soon as Apollo said they’d have to shut down I started looking for alternatives. I’ve had this place bookmarked for years, but Reddit had me hooked deep. This is literally my first post.

Not sure if anyone told you the rules but you need to post in this thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4034852&pagenumber=3&perpage=40

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

Ok this one got a laugh out of me

PortobelloPirate
Jul 5, 2023

Literally A Person posted:

Not sure if anyone told you the rules but you need to post in this thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4034852&pagenumber=3&perpage=40

Thank you. I just posted there as well.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

God isn't watching you... but I am!

Fools Infinite posted:

Two sentence horror is bad but writing prompts was the worst.

I am subbed to r/writingprompts because once in a blue moon there'd be a good one. But the rest is so god-awful, following the same tropes, over explaining, over-expositing, and corny. Very difficult not to cringe out reading it.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

Professor Moriarty posted:

The worst fiction writing based subs are and will always be r/relationship_advice and r/AITA

For me it's the songs with the wrong artist listed as the performer. I still have a .mp3 of "Closing Time" by Green Day, and who can forget about The Ramones classic banger "Tainted Love"

Or the million different songs attributed to Wierd Al.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

System of a Down - Zelda Theme.mp3

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
link

he come to town

he come to SAVE!!!

Tragicomic
Jun 6, 2011

by Modern Video Games

Vile_Nihlist666 posted:

I am subbed to r/writingprompts because once in a blue moon there'd be a good one. But the rest is so god-awful, following the same tropes, over explaining, over-expositing, and corny. Very difficult not to cringe out reading it.

The worst part to me was how much terrible wish fulfilment there was, 'oh the aliens find out the humans are special', or 'things are bad except you save it by being mommy's special little boy'.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Ever since you're childhood you wished you had $specialpower. On you're $myage+2 birthday, you find out YOU DO!!!

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Tragicomic posted:

The worst part to me was how much terrible wish fulfilment there was, 'oh the aliens find out the humans are special', or 'things are bad except you save it by being mommy's special little boy'.

If you want this to it’s logical conclusion, HFY was human Mary Sue - the community

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I had a ILikeBigButts_WuTangClan.MP3

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

Anal oval office - Santa Claus Where's My loving Bike?

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

zetamind2000 posted:

ben biddick would blow them out of the water

luke bavarious and his baretta would blow them out of the water, sobbing and vomiting the whiole time

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Tragicomic posted:

My favourite characters to play in TTRPGs are character that are kind of just there, like they happened to fall into the work. For some reason it's hilarious and deeply satisfying to me when everyone else has deeply important and tragic backstories (kidnapped as a kid and made into an assassin, forced to save the world by a god, revenge pact with the devil, etc) and my character is like "it's dangerous out there so I had to learn to use a sword ya know?"

My current character wants to be a chef. Open a nice little restaurant. They aren't really particularly special. Decent family life, no dramatic deaths or plots, just has a penchant for cooking. But it's dangerous out there ya know? Gotta taste the foods you might cook, so world tour. Sometimes the mundane can be fantastic if you want it to be.

naem
May 29, 2011

syntaxfunction posted:

My favourite characters to play in TTRPGs are character that are kind of just there, like they happened to fall into the work. For some reason it's hilarious and deeply satisfying to me when everyone else has deeply important and tragic backstories (kidnapped as a kid and made into an assassin, forced to save the world by a god, revenge pact with the devil, etc) and my character is like "it's dangerous out there so I had to learn to use a sword ya know?"

My current character wants to be a chef. Open a nice little restaurant. They aren't really particularly special. Decent family life, no dramatic deaths or plots, just has a penchant for cooking. But it's dangerous out there ya know? Gotta taste the foods you might cook, so world tour. Sometimes the mundane can be fantastic if you want it to be.

I too like to play Kevin the Human Man

it’s fun if your character has never seen an elf or a goblin and doesn’t think they are real, or he sees like a purple guy and goes AAAAH OMG WHAT and then the party has to apologize to the innkeeper

bonus if he’s a pure fighter who gets really good at high levels after a years long journey

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Mantle posted:

Thanks for the links, but I'm getting a client id invalid error when logging in now. Probably the rif client is no longer valid.

Just don't log in

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

Stonehouse Beach posted:

I had to reset my phone months ago and just left it YouTube-less so far, should figure out how to reacquire Vanced or install one on the alternatives like NewPipe but :effort:

It's revanced now. Pretty good. Makes YouTube usable.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

Heath posted:

link

he come to town

he come to SAVE!!!

That's the exact one I had in mind, actually.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

makes sense, it did go down in history

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I haven't thought about that song in a decade and now I've listened to it 18 times

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

PortobelloPirate posted:

Welcome

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

PortobelloPirate posted:

:frogout:

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Bip Roberts posted:

I had a ILikeBigButts_WuTangClan.MP3

Adam Sandler - Camp Grenada.mp3

edit: Foo Fighters - Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting.mp3

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Legend of Zelda Rap - System of a Down
Detachable Penis - Butthole Surfers
Stoned on Sesame Street - Weird Al

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

PortobelloPirate posted:

lurk more

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Reddits whole protest post thing right now with John Oliver and text posts in the pics subreddit come off like they're just trying to be self impressed with how cute and funny they are

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Caesar Saladin posted:

Reddits whole protest post thing right now with John Oliver and text posts in the pics subreddit come off like they're just trying to be self impressed with how cute and funny they are

Trying?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Khanstant posted:

Detachable Penis - Butthole Surfers

this one makes more sense than the others honestly

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Weird Al was the artist for any parody song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Bonzo posted:

Weird Al was the artist for any parody song.

rammstein was any german metal song or sometimes even non-metal

group x was any tailban themed parody song after 9/11