Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Verviticus posted:

they really upped the drop rate of reagents eh? getting crushed beast bones and demon hearts like nobodys business

Yeah, I'm kinda torn on this change as a HC player. On one hand it makes grinding my pots for Lillith a lot easier and less tedious, but it has a knock-on effect of the pots being so plentiful and easy to obtain that it would be foolish not to just use them when you're doing whatever. I dunno, it's nice, but it kinda devalues HC a little more when pots are so easy to get.

Either way I'm avoiding using them for things other than Lillith for the time being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nice can’t wait to spend more money on the game that has been out for a month

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Natural Harvester

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

euphronius posted:

When is season 1?

7/20 1pm eastern

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I got that 100 dollar version - when I can get the extra items that came with it?

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

How does rogue play on controller? Does it need a lot of precision? Trying to decide between barb and rogue for s1.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Tiny Timbs posted:

every time I see a post talking about not putting aspects on gear or not upgrading gear at all I realize I’m playing a completely different game than some people

I was level 83 when I learned you could upgrade jewelry and had an entire voice chat of people yelling at me for being an absolute dummy.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Chasiubao posted:

I was level 83 when I learned you could upgrade jewelry and had an entire voice chat of people yelling at me for being an absolute dummy.

This guy didn't know you could upgrade jewelry!!! Fuckin' get him, BREAK his legs

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

How does rogue play on controller? Does it need a lot of precision? Trying to decide between barb and rogue for s1.

Twisting Blades was a bit tough for me on controller because you really want to zip through enemies with some precision but Flurry is suuuuuuper easy.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
I was playing a Helltide in Hawezar last night and came across a public event I'd never seen before with a giant tornado and all these enemies you had to kill and then destroy a bunch of effigies around the outside of the tornado. I cleared it with a friend who was in my party, but it occurred to us afterwards that the enemy density was so thick during that event we might have been better served just to keep it running as long as possible to grind up cinders.

I'm not sure I've ever tried to slow roll a public event and not beat the mastery timer, but can you do that? If you avoid doing whatever mini-goals are associated with the public event (like in this case breaking the effigies) will enemies just keep spawning as long as you want? Or do public events time out on their own at some point after you fail to master them?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Haven't seen this particular event but in general if you fail the mastery the objective will turn into "kill all remaining enemies" and then finishes.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
People that haven't gotten tempest roar, have you done most/all the aspects dungeons yet? Even ones not for your class? That's where I found my first (can't remember in which one tho) and then they started dropping from everywhere

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Avalerion posted:

Haven't seen this particular event but in general if you fail the mastery the objective will turn into "kill all remaining enemies" and then finishes.
This is what I've seen too. I dont bother trying to slowplay the events because they all seem to take the same amount of time either way (because I have failed some of them a bunch).

Verviticus posted:

they really upped the drop rate of reagents eh? getting crushed beast bones and demon hearts like nobodys business
Does this apply to Veiled Crystals? Please tell me it applies to Veiled Crystals.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

I've been doing a penetrating shot build and it seems fine. I've shadow step'd the wrong enemy before by accidentally aiming the wrong way but it doesn't matter much really.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Martian Manfucker posted:

Yeah, I'm kinda torn on this change as a HC player. On one hand it makes grinding my pots for Lillith a lot easier and less tedious, but it has a knock-on effect of the pots being so plentiful and easy to obtain that it would be foolish not to just use them when you're doing whatever. I dunno, it's nice, but it kinda devalues HC a little more when pots are so easy to get.

Either way I'm avoiding using them for things other than Lillith for the time being.

im using them when im really high and dont trust myself but ive never had it proc

we should kill uber lillith together except i have no idea what the fight entails lol

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

McCoy Pauley posted:

I was playing a Helltide in Hawezar last night and came across a public event I'd never seen before with a giant tornado and all these enemies you had to kill and then destroy a bunch of effigies around the outside of the tornado. I cleared it with a friend who was in my party, but it occurred to us afterwards that the enemy density was so thick during that event we might have been better served just to keep it running as long as possible to grind up cinders.

I'm not sure I've ever tried to slow roll a public event and not beat the mastery timer, but can you do that? If you avoid doing whatever mini-goals are associated with the public event (like in this case breaking the effigies) will enemies just keep spawning as long as you want? Or do public events time out on their own at some point after you fail to master them?

You can definitely slowroll some of them a bit, jar of souls is a good one to get you a few extra cinders and still easily get the mastery.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Avalerion posted:

Thanks. That definitely makes sense -- feels like it would be an obvious loophole even by Blizzard's standards to allow for infinite enemy spawning here. That event was pretty nuts so far as helltide public events go -- feels like I easily netted a hundred cinders out of it. This was directly west of the Vyeresz waypoint, but in the Fethis Wetlands. The only time I've ever seen this massive tornado thing. Definitely more interesting and productive than another defense of some turned over caravans.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Shard posted:

I got that 100 dollar version - when I can get the extra items that came with it?

Some of it is tied to the start of season 1.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I dont bother trying to slowplay the events because they all seem to take the same amount of time either way (because I have failed some of them a bunch).

This is why I usually run past them or nope out of the room in dungeons. The events are all so uniform and bland and involve waiting around between waves. There's no way to do them faster by playing better or penalty for doing them slowly. Also the rewards are garbage.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Chasiubao posted:

theres a voice chat channel somewhere?

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Some of it is tied to the start of season 1.

Yeah, the horse armor stuff you can get right now at the horse guy. The battle pass doesn't exist for another 2 weeks, and when Season 1 starts you'll get the battlepass activated automatically and given the BP level skips to use at the same time

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

I had a really fun time playing my HC Rogue up to something like 40. I've done only SC since then and gotten a Rogue to 77 and I have negative interest in going back to HC knowing what endgame nightmare dungeons are like. Maybe the seasonal content will make it more interesting.

This is unrelated to any current discussions just felt like posting

Morality_Police
Mar 25, 2015

Stranger in a Strange Land

satanic splash-back posted:

It's because twisting blades is insanely easy to make good, like flurry.

You pick an imbue, pick the passives of the same element color, then stack vulnerable damage and some kind of defense.

I'm at 75 clearing 30-34 dungeons and most packs die in about 3 seconds (3 basics and 2 twisting blades) since I was level 20. I could go higher but it's pretty satisfying to watch them explode in seconds when I can't play long.

I think you just aren't stacking vulnerable damage or using your crowd control or something

Okay, so this is interesting! I have a little over 110% Vuln damage, and figured that was good. I gather I should be loading up more? A lot more? I've been trying to focus on +Shadow damage since hitting that, damage with dual wield, damage with imbued, etc. If the answer is just "More Vuln", I can do that.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Morality_Police posted:

Okay, so this is interesting! I have a little over 110% Vuln damage, and figured that was good. I gather I should be loading up more? A lot more? I've been trying to focus on +Shadow damage since hitting that, damage with dual wield, damage with imbued, etc. If the answer is just "More Vuln", I can do that.

The two chosen damage types are critical strike damage and vulnerable damage, because they are the only multiplicative bonuses. Everything else is additive and thus a lesser, non worthy modifier

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Morality_Police posted:

This is Wudijo's twisting blade guide and he's a great rogue player although he has been playing rapid fire more recently for doing uber lilith. https://maxroll.gg/d4/build-guides/twisting-blades-rogue-guide . He also played a version that used deathtrap at some point.

In general though you really want to focus on crit chance / crit damage / vuln. vs. all other types of damage.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

speaking of titles,

I fear Local Stalker is not long for this world

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Gadzuko posted:

The two chosen damage types are critical strike damage and vulnerable damage, because they are the only multiplicative bonuses. Everything else is additive and thus a lesser, non worthy modifier

This is not entirely true. I think theoretically you would want your damage from mainstat, your crit damage, your vuln damage, and the sum of all your other damages to be equal because those are the 4 things that multiply by each other. It's just super easy to end up with a ton of general damage types so it's always practically better to focus on crit and vuln. Vuln is always the hardest to get and therefore the most valuable.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

jjac posted:

Natural Harvester

Lmfao

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46

jjac posted:

Natural Harvester

Lol

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ex post facho posted:

People that haven't gotten tempest roar, have you done most/all the aspects dungeons yet? Even ones not for your class? That's where I found my first (can't remember in which one tho) and then they started dropping from everywhere

I'm just doing helltides and NM dungeons

denereal visease
Nov 27, 2002

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own."

Rosalind posted:

Twisting Blades was a bit tough for me on controller because you really want to zip through enemies with some precision but Flurry is suuuuuuper easy.

EC posted:

I've been doing a penetrating shot build and it seems fine. I've shadow step'd the wrong enemy before by accidentally aiming the wrong way but it doesn't matter much really.

i've had no issues playing a Twisting Blades build with a controller (lv56, WT3, DadGamer-adjacent)

i didn't like Shadow Step & it hasn't been a must-have so far, but that might change in WT4 since i don't think Rogue has any other way to break CC

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Flavahbeast posted:

speaking of titles,

boooooo

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Flavahbeast posted:

speaking of titles,

I guess the title hit a little too close to home for the higher ups

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Flavahbeast posted:

speaking of titles,

lmao

i can't believe bli$$ard has gone woke by not letting players set themselves as 'Miner Predator' or 'Serial Predator'

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
In game a man is flayed alive and lusts for pain and sexual experience. The player is removed from the game and has his title forcibly changed due to a worrying word.

WIFEY WATCHDOG fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jul 7, 2023

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

CBD Corndog posted:

lmao

i can't believe bli$$ard has gone woke by not letting players set themselves as 'Miner Predator' or 'Serial Predator'

I really wish I could get "woke snowflake" as a title.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Sometimes words can be problematic even if they exist in a fantasy setting

Take for example the noble Dickwolf

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Or that one time a goon had to call Mace Windu the N Word

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Flavahbeast posted:

speaking of titles,

lol, they seriously put "Serial" and "Predator" right next to each other?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

zoux posted:

If I don't get Tempest Roar this weekend I shall become this thread's foremost Hater

Well you've certainly got strong competition in here, godspeed mate