Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Astro has been the most comfortable headset to me. I have the same problem you do with comfort. They are expensive, but worth it.

Turtle Beach makes headset with a glasses channel for those of us with eyewear. Sound Quality is pretty good but their range is lacking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
So I just got a free season of Naruto shipp something. I'm kind of depressed right now so I might actually watch it.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Wrex Ruckus posted:

March 2026 baby :smugdog:

June 2026 :smug:

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
May 23 ypu losers.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Arcade Paradise is, in fact, a super chill and fun little busywork/management sim. Really digging it so far.

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
I played Exo One because its leaving soon. A nice, weird, chill game to play while it was raining outside.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
The last time I played GTA online I was in an underground bunker I owned for some reason and didn't know how to get out.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

TenTwelveTwelve posted:

I played Exo One because its leaving soon. A nice, weird, chill game to play while it was raining outside.

Exo One was fun until it started to annoy me.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

The last time I played GTA online I was in an underground bunker I owned for some reason and didn't know how to get out.

Were you a Pharoh?

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Toaster Beef posted:

Arcade Paradise is, in fact, a super chill and fun little busywork/management sim. Really digging it so far.

I'm loving the games that are mashups of existing games. Like the Pacman clone except with the look of the first GTA.

I also like that you have to play the games to make them more popular so that they earn more money.

Edit: and the jukebox has loads of Synthwave.

jasoneatspizza
Jul 6, 2010
Not on Game Pass, but another metroidvania I've been enjoying is Grime. Really unique world.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Grime is also currently Epic's free game of the week too.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Arcade Paradise definitely owns. I actually enjoy doing laundry IRL so it's right up my alley.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Anyone remember how fun Shadow Complex was? I never played the remaster but it's a drat good Metroidvania.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Beastie posted:

Anyone remember how fun Shadow Complex was? I never played the remaster but it's a drat good Metroidvania.

Shadow Complex ruled and why haven't there been like a dozen sequels and DLCs?!?!

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Shadow Complex kicked rear end, there's been an absolute glut of Metroidvanias since then but pickings were pretty slim back when it came out.

I miss Summer of Arcade.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

jasoneatspizza posted:

Not on Game Pass, but another metroidvania I've been enjoying is Grime. Really unique world.

Well Fist (yet another metroidvania) appeared on Gamepass last week and I‘m enjoying it!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

priznat posted:

Shadow Complex ruled and why haven't there been like a dozen sequels and DLCs?!?!

Because it would involve giving Orson Scott Card money and you could just make your own Metroidvania that wasn't secretly about fighting the Woke Agenda

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Because it would involve giving Orson Scott Card money and you could just make your own Metroidvania that wasn't secretly about fighting the Woke Agenda

Lmao I had no idea he was involved with that, wild.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I think he even has a tie-in book series which makes the anti-woke poo poo much more explicit. I don't know if it was goon telephone or what but I remember hearing something in the old 360 thread around the time of release that the devs didn't like the association with Card and did as much as they could to downplay it. It sounds like wishful thinking bullshit to me, but :shrug:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
LoL @ Microsoft for packaging the headset the same way as the console

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Headset owns. Good looking out thread.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Professor Beetus posted:

I think he even has a tie-in book series which makes the anti-woke poo poo much more explicit. I don't know if it was goon telephone or what but I remember hearing something in the old 360 thread around the time of release that the devs didn't like the association with Card and did as much as they could to downplay it. It sounds like wishful thinking bullshit to me, but :shrug:

I can believe it, they made their best effort not to include any characterizations for the villains. Just makes it hard to expand the universe

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Disposable Scud posted:

Headset owns. Good looking out thread.

It’s great and the battery lasts ages. I did have to mess around with the EQ to match some settings i found on Reddit though, as the sound out the box was a insanely high treble and no bass.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

TheScott2K posted:

LoL @ Microsoft for packaging the headset the same way as the console

I just got mine this afternoon too.
wife: did we get a package?
me: uhhh yeah.
wife: what was it?
me: uhhh a backup wireless headset? (or two) anyway, what are we doing for dinner?
wife: (distracted) ugggh I don't even want to deal with that...

In a few days her Deep Pink controller will arrive and she will be happy about that one.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Crafty posted:

It’s great and the battery lasts ages. I did have to mess around with the EQ to match some settings i found on Reddit though, as the sound out the box was a insanely high treble and no bass.

Good callout, it sounds so bad with music until you f with the equalizer.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Is there also an EQ for the 3.5mm headphone port on an Xbox controller? Cause I remember the one time I tried using that thing with some wired headphones I thought it sounded like poo poo and have never touched it again

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Kinda surprised the headset doesn't pair with the Xbox dongle on PC. I've got a Bluetooth one the next port over, so NBD, just strikes me as odd. The headphone port on an Xbox controller works on PC when you're using that dongle.

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

TheScott2K posted:

Kinda surprised the headset doesn't pair with the Xbox dongle on PC.

It does, though I did have to try a couple of times. Maybe make sure the firmware on the headset is up to date, I don't remember if I did that before or after.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

John F Bennett posted:

Exo One was fun until it started to annoy me.

I wanted to like it but it won't start on my Xbox or the cloud.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

priznat posted:

:emptyquote:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

priznat posted:

Because, among all the other reasons given ITT, the developers got sucked down the wormhole of making the Infinity Blade games for mobile.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The Kins posted:

Because, among all the other reasons given ITT, the developers got sucked down the wormhole of making the Infinity Blade games for mobile.

Those games were pretty good for their time tbh, iirc

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

super fart shooter posted:

Is there also an EQ for the 3.5mm headphone port on an Xbox controller? Cause I remember the one time I tried using that thing with some wired headphones I thought it sounded like poo poo and have never touched it again

Make sure you're either using no dsp at all or at the least turn off the windows sonic for headphones dsp because it is raw garbage and will ruin the sound of any headphones. Took me a while to figure out why my cans sounded so much worse on the xbox.

The dolby atmos dsp is actually really good though, but it costs a few bones. Either way I bet you'll see an improvement if you turn off the Microsoft one.

Can't remember where exactly it is in the sound settings though. There's not much there it should be easy to find.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Going to play Fallout 4 without mods because they upset the games balance/progression. And also i gotta get my brain used to 30fps for Starfield lol

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Going to play Fallout 4 without mods because they upset the games balance/progression. And also i gotta get my brain used to 30fps for Starfield lol

But Fallout 4 is 60 fps.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

John F Bennett posted:

But Fallout 4 is 60 fps.

Only with FPS boost, which atm also lowers it’s resolution to 1080p. Im guessing Bethesda are waiting to surprise drop the next gen version alongside the Fallout TV series

In the mean time im playing rn in 60fps and 4K thanks to the ‘60 fps series X ultra settings’ mod. It rules, it doesn't even disable achievements.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

People will call me brokebrain but I actually play Forza Horizon 5 in quality mode. I played it at 60fps since launch but last month I switched it to 30fps just to see how it looks, and I actually prefer it this way now.

The 30fps feels really smooth, the motion blur makes it feel great and it just looks good.

But I can't play Halo in 30fps, that doesn't work for me anymore.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I do the same for FH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

John F Bennett posted:

People will call me brokebrain but I actually play Forza Horizon 5 in quality mode. I played it at 60fps since launch but last month I switched it to 30fps just to see how it looks, and I actually prefer it this way now.

The 30fps feels really smooth, the motion blur makes it feel great and it just looks good.

But I can't play Halo in 30fps, that doesn't work for me anymore.

Forza Horizon 5 is one of the few games that I kinda prefer to play in 30fps over 60 just because it's so well coded that it doesn't feel bad instantly to me when switching modes.