Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Gonzo McFee posted:

John Cena main evented CM Punk's run as champion, I can see why he thinks that.

Cody gest replaced with Kevin Nash halfway through the story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

John Cena is utterly clueless and refuses to believe he is the golden boy of WWE because he almost got fired 20 years ago

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
John Cena is correct, you can be champion without the title, but you need a whole hell of a lot of other poo poo instead and Cody's not getting that either.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

he knew this would happen and he still chose to go back

oh well, maybe he'll have a heroes return in AEW someday

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I mean does the stipulation still apply for no world title if you've left the company and come back the small print probably gets muddy

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Penguin Patrol posted:

John Cena is correct, you can be champion without the title, but you need a whole hell of a lot of other poo poo instead and Cody's not getting that either.

Nah, he's definitely getting treated like a big deal. He's all over their advertising and gets good time slots. He's also moving tickets and merch.

Like yeah, he should have won at Mania, but he's still getting the big star treatment. I think Cena is a pretty fair comparison and Cody is getting that WWE megaface treatment.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Drakkel posted:

Cody gest replaced with Kevin Nash halfway through the story

That's an upgrade

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Orange Carlisle posted:

I honestly think that if Cody went back to AEW, he'd be booed out the building

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I still think Cody will win the title at some point. It won’t be as good as when beating reigns at mania but he will win it

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

until vince came back I also believed he might

vince, however, is extremely petty

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Cody Rhodes: Champion At Life

I dunno about that belt though

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Orange Carlisle posted:

One million percent he will.

Alan_Shore posted:

No shot. He would be seen as a big star returning home.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

he should just sign one year contracts and jump to the other company once the boos start coming in each time

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dave mentioning in the Observer that Roman shouldn't lose the belt till Mania to Cody and maybe shouldn't even lose it than definitely feels like WWE making sure we get max hilarity next Mania

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Orange Carlisle posted:

he should just sign one year contracts and jump to the other company once the boos start coming in each time

He should get a "once a crowd boos me" out clause in his contract. How long would it take for us to get a Rick Rude-style multiple shows in one night?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Alan_Shore posted:

He will be cheered for a period of one month at which point if he’s still doing the same shtick as he was doing when he left, the mixed reaction will return.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He’s gonna go back so long as he gets to go over Nyla Rose, to add sexism and transphobia to the list of things he’s solved.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Orange Carlisle posted:

It gets to the point just the announcement he's switched over to either side gets booed, causing the next moving announcement that then gets booed, etc

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Rhodoboorus

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

A :rubby: in two quotes:

quote:

Vince McMahon is reportedly backstage at Friday’s SmackDown.

PWInsider is reporting that McMahon is backstage at Friday’s show in Madison Square Garden. McMahon has only made sporadic appearances at events backstage following his return to WWE in January, instead choosing to rewrite scripts to shows remotely.

quote:

AJ Styles defeated Karrion Kross

This went two minutes, max.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Apparently the Bloodline segment literally went double the time it was meant to.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
LA Knight is my favorite wrestler. I have never seen LA Knight wrestle.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

A :rubby: in two quotes:

https://twitter.com/aaronrift/status/1677486560814460930?s=20

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

Apparently the Bloodline segment literally went double the time it was meant to.

It's funny how you could never tell this without knowing because it's every bit as repetitive and drawn out as their normal segments.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I wonder if Roman got mad at someone again and put his hands on his head and yelled.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

the range on that guy

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

... What?

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

The_Rob posted:

I wonder if Roman got mad at someone again and put his hands on his head and yelled.

he got on his knees and cried

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

jackofarcades posted:

Cinema

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I watched it on youtube so you don't have to --

Roman was in "tribal court", which he resented. The Usos played clips of him manipulating and abusing them, he flipped it on them, accused them of compiling all of his worst moments to make him look like someone he's not, said he was already a top guy before he started the Bloodline, he only did it to take care of all of them and their families, basically said "I don't need this poo poo, I'm done", made like he was gonna give the Bloodline to Jey, kneeled down, Jey, the biggest idiot on planet Earth, was comforting Roman, Roman socked him in the balls, they all fought for a bit, Jey gets tied up in the ropes and has to watch them beat the poo poo out of Jimmy. Later, Jey comes back down, attacks Solo and Roman with a chair, challenges Roman for his title.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

jackofarcades posted:

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Alan_Shore posted:

John Cena is utterly clueless and refuses to believe he is the golden boy of WWE because he almost got fired 20 years ago

ohh I think he knows whats up, he's just a shill

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

I watched it on youtube so you don't have to --

Roman was in "tribal court", which he resented. The Usos played clips of him manipulating and abusing them, he flipped it on them, accused them of compiling all of his worst moments to make him look like someone he's not, said he was already a top guy before he started the Bloodline, he only did it to take care of all of them and their families, basically said "I don't need this poo poo, I'm done", made like he was gonna give the Bloodline to Jey, kneeled down, Jey, the biggest idiot on planet Earth, was comforting Roman, Roman socked him in the balls, they all fought for a bit, Jey gets tied up in the ropes and has to watch them beat the poo poo out of Jimmy. Later, Jey comes back down, attacks Solo and Roman with a chair, challenges Roman for his title.

There’s nobody doing it like WWE right now. On any channel

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
WWE will put on a clip show and tell you it's the Godfather.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

It’s ironic that Roman is doing his best work against the release of Oppenheimer when he’ll probably have a starring role in Oppenheimer 2 in 2025

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JUNGLE BOY posted:

It’s ironic that Roman is doing his best work against the release of Barbie when he’ll probably have a starring role in Barbie 2 in 2025

ftfy

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

MJeff posted:

Roman with a chair, challenges Roman for his title.

Makes sense

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Penguin Patrol posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Was waiting for this. Thank you