Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I feel like the recent change to drop rates affects Veiled Crystals, which is great.

StarkRavingMad posted:

I think all of my characters are Dire Trash

also that's their titles
:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
natural harvester remains the funniest one anyone here has posted

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Doomykins posted:

D4 specifically advertised their seasons are bigger and better so delivering the standard content patch update of "1 system to grind, some content" feels underwhelming. S1 coming so soon after release makes it feel extra awkward too.

oh, i didn’t see any marketing for this game other than a trailer so i just assumed the seasons were going to be like seasons always are

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

harrygomm posted:

also why is getting 2 weeks of fun out of a season a negative for D4 but what everyone liked about D3 seasons?

ppl in this forum are addicted to being miserable and complaining rather than doing something else. nothing to be done.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
What are people using veiled crystals for because they already dropped like candy and I have like 6k

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm excited for season 1. Not sure why anyone expected some bombastic insane mega gimmick or w/e. It was always going to be something sort of small...and that's how it should be.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm waiting for them to add dances...

Shodai
Aug 18, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm excited for season 1. Not sure why anyone expected some bombastic insane mega gimmick or w/e. It was always going to be something sort of small...and that's how it should be.

I look forward to changing my position on the game from "solid start of a game but needs a ton of work" to "it's in a good state now" once Season 17 drops.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
almost lost my hc rogue to a lag spike earlier. hung for two full seconds while i mashed all my panic buttons. fortunately it was just trash and one elite wailing on me.

i'm also excited for s1 even if the color gem thing does stink too much of poe. thinking of going druid.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

harrygomm posted:

also why is getting 2 weeks of fun out of a season a negative for D4 but what everyone liked about D3 seasons?

because D3 lets you do the whole game and all your levels in that amount of time and get all your gear. D4? nowhere close. Also, once again, they straight up said that D4 seasons would have way more content and it doesn't remotely.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I'm almost lvl 60 and I'm collecting a lot of legendary stuff I don't need. Is it best to extract the aspect even if I don't plan on using it anytime soon (to collect them all) or should I just deconstruct it?

(For reference this is about Diablo IV, not POE).

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I really wanna know what kind of hosed up stuff people are doing to require so much time to get into WT3 and NM dungeons on alts.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I'm waiting for them to add dances...

Don’t think I figured out Diablo 3 had dances for 10 years

Also disappointing to find out the Necro doesn’t have a dance, what the hell did I pay $20 for smdh

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

1glitch0 posted:

I'm almost lvl 60 and I'm collecting a lot of legendary stuff I don't need. Is it best to extract the aspect even if I don't plan on using it anytime soon (to collect them all) or should I just deconstruct it?

(For reference this is about Diablo IV, not POE).

No most of the aspects are bad, there is not enough space to store them all, and if you insist on trying anyway it will become hard to tell if you already have an aspect without a lot of tedious looking through your stash.

If it isn’t part of your build or isn’t perfectly rolled do not bother saving it. Even if it is perfectly rolled you probably should still vendor it (not deconstruct).

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

WarEternal posted:

because D3 lets you do the whole game and all your levels in that amount of time and get all your gear.

thats why it loving sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!! d3 isnt all arpgs its the only one that works like this. stop wanting other arpgs to repeat its mistakes.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Stux posted:

do u think casual players are getting a poe character into maps in an afternoon. or a d2 character to doing baal hell runs ro whatever else. what planet do you live on? just talking nonsense lol

Most casuals don't know PoE exists. The ones that do uninstalled as soon as they saw the skill tree.

It takes more than an afternoon, but casuals can level in D2 pretty quickly. This is because the game has a social/grouping system that actually lets you find other people doing the quests you need or farming the good xp spots.

It would, of course, be unrealistic to expect the tiny indie studio behind D4 to have done that.

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jul 8, 2023

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Jaytan posted:

No most of the aspects are bad, there is not enough space to store them all, and if you insist on trying anyway it will become hard to tell if you already have an aspect without a lot of tedious looking through your stash.

If it isn’t part of your build or isn’t perfectly rolled do not bother saving it. Even if it is perfectly rolled you probably should still vendor it (not deconstruct).

Thanks! Don't I need to deconstruct legendary stuff to get the mats so I can craft other legendary stuff?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Most casuals don't know PoE exists. The ones that do uninstalled as soon as they saw the skill tree.

It takes more than an afternoon, but casuals can level in D2 pretty quickly. This is because that game has a social/grouping system that actually lets you find other people doing the quests you need or farming the good xp spots.

It would, of course, be unrealistic to expect the tiny indie studio behind D4 to have done that.

they said in an afternoon solo "like other arpgs". if youre adding group u dont get to only count it for d2 lol

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
It's pretty fair to include groups for the game solo people can easily group in and not for the one where they can't.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
thats still grouped you troglodyte. how long would a casual d2 player take to get to doing hell runs solo. if u cant answer bcos im right you can just slink away :D

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

King Cocoa Butter posted:

Edit: people saying leveling alts is fast, how many hours is it taking you to get to WT3 solo? What are you running?

it took me 5 hours to take my first alt (blizzard sorc lol) to 50 solo, but i also kept all my main's banger drops while leveling and am just running the same dungeon on repeat. having 10 points at level 1 is pretty busted for power leveling tbh, and I imagine having 6 at season start will be pretty gross too.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
What would d4 devs need to do to make D3 fans in this forum feel at ease?

Maybe release a couple of hot 5 piece sets that say "if you have all of those, you deal 40000% damage with the one skill we want you to use because we just remade it for the season"?

Man times were good back then, no loving fortify or overpower or whatever new dumb poo poo that is, just plain old raw 40000% damage multipliers.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Tonetta posted:

it took me 5 hours to take my first alt (blizzard sorc lol) to 50 solo, but i also kept all my main's banger drops while leveling and am just running the same dungeon on repeat. having 10 points at level 1 is pretty busted for power leveling tbh, and I imagine having 6 at season start will be pretty gross too.

this sounds like good and normal gameplaying that many people will do

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Low IQ: Set Items are lame

Mid IQ: Noooooo they have to add set items to the game, they were in diablo 2 and 3 but not 4 because the game was rushed. I need a set bonus to let Firebolt do 10,000% extra damagerino

High IQ: Set items are lame

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

WIFEY WATCHDOG posted:

....?

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
You guys play with other ppl?!?!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The reality is your clueless normie will continue playing on Eternal forever and be happy, or play seasonal like a normal person. Not sure why people are salivating for some mass drop off to prove the game is dead or w/e.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Kawabata posted:

What would d4 devs need to do to make D3 fans in this forum feel at ease?

Maybe release a couple of hot 5 piece sets that say "if you have all of those, you deal 40000% damage with the one skill we want you to use because we just remade it for the season"?

Man times were good back then, no loving fortify or overpower or whatever new dumb poo poo that is, just plain old raw 40000% damage multipliers.

The strawman poo poo is hilarious. I want the game to actually behave in a way where picking up items is fun, not a tedious boring slog where you have to look at every single loving modifier on every single loving item to see if it has one of the 3 modifiers that actually matter in the entire game.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
TBH I really struggle to see how D4 builds are any different from D3 builds. Instead of using six set pieces that say "you do 10000% more damage" I'm using six aspects that each say "you do ~30% more damage".

How do you build a D3 wizard? Spender, teleport, armor, magic weapon, buff skill, support skill/misc.
How do you build a D4 sorc? All four defensive skills, spender, meteor/ult/misc.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Steely Dancer is my favorite title I’ve seen in game

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

WIFEY WATCHDOG posted:

yeah who would ever grind one area in an arpg. you guys are so loving weird lol

WarEternal posted:

The strawman poo poo is hilarious. I want the game to actually behave in a way where picking up items is fun, not a tedious boring slog where you have to look at every single loving modifier on every single loving item to see if it has one of the 3 modifiers that actually matter in the entire game.

you want to pick up items but not have to look at the stats to see if its an upgrade? what are you even talking about.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

WarEternal posted:

because D3 lets you do the whole game and all your levels in that amount of time and get all your gear. D4? nowhere close. Also, once again, they straight up said that D4 seasons would have way more content and it doesn't remotely.

this mf made like 300 posts in the old d4 thread about how much the game was going to suck and then apparently immediately bought the game day 1 and is now carrying on his self-hating blizzard fan brain worms in here

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4024085&userid=171123

ahahaha

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
thinking about when i found a 30% mf nagelring in season 1 of d2r and it was hype as gently caress but this guy wouldve been pissed off he had to look at the mf roll for some reason lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

this mf made like 300 posts in the old d4 thread about how much the game was going to suck and then apparently immediately bought the game day 1 and is now carrying on his self-hating blizzard fan brain worms in here

ahahaha

lmfao

WarEternal posted:

People should absolutely not buy this pile of poo poo lol.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

ahahaha

lol

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I do feel like the ratio of 'How much time I spend deleting drops' to 'How often I find a drop worth using' is out of wack. They can fix that either by making it take less time (loot filter? larger inventory? have a formal order of affixes so I don't have to check all 4 spots for Cooldown?) or by making loot more good (many ways to do this)

Past level 70, we get more of our power just from XP than we do from Gear Drops, but a looter game needs to have a pleasant loot experience

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

Stux posted:

you want to pick up items but not have to look at the stats to see if its an upgrade? what are you even talking about.

I don't want to have to look at every single loving thing in detail, either. Don't be obtuse. I want to tell the game which rolls I care about and have the items with those stats be highlighted, so I can spend less time staring at inventory and more time mulching monsters.

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

1glitch0 posted:

Thanks! Don't I need to deconstruct legendary stuff to get the mats so I can craft other legendary stuff?

You’ll get a lot more of the materials than you need as you progress. If you don’t have a comfortable stash of materials salvage away, but gold and forgotten souls (from helltides) eventually become the only bottlenecks.

Edit: I’ve clearly played too much of the game, but I’m pretty sure I spend less than 30 seconds sorting whether a full inventory of items has anything worthwhile. Are yall in T4 and unsure about what you’re looking for on gear?

Here’s the checklist: sort inventory (this groups item of the same type together and puts the highest power level first)
-helm: no cdr? Trash
-chest: less than 3 defensive affixes? Trash
-gloves: no crit chance or +core skill? Trash
-pants: less than 3 defensive affixes? Trash
-boots: no move speed? Trash
-rings: missing more than 1 of vuln damage, crit damage, crit chance? Trash
-amulet: missing move speed and cdr? Trash
-weapons: lower than power level 780 or missing both crit damage and vuln damage? Trash

This filters more than 95% of items in basically no time. Most of this applies to every character. You still have to pick up loot because you will be strapped for gold. Filters would be nice, but it isn’t something I’m spending a ton of time on at this point.

Jaytan fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jul 8, 2023

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
i dont think anyone would say no to a loot filter but even with one u still pick up and look at a lot of gear. like poe and last epoch having filtering doesnt mean everything you pick up from the floor is instantly good, and d4 having class specific loot drops already makes it actually better than poe for floor drops even with no filter, but thahts a different issue entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

kaxman posted:

I don't want to have to look at every single loving thing in detail, either. Don't be obtuse. I want to tell the game which rolls I care about and have the items with those stats be highlighted, so I can spend less time staring at inventory and more time mulching monsters.

you dont have to look at everything in detail. why would you?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I do feel like the ratio of 'How much time I spend deleting drops' to 'How often I find a drop worth using' is out of wack. They can fix that either by making it take less time (loot filter? larger inventory? have a formal order of affixes so I don't have to check all 4 spots for Cooldown?) or by making loot more good (many ways to do this)

Past level 70, we get more of our power just from XP than we do from Gear Drops, but a looter game needs to have a pleasant loot experience

its diablo 3 syndrome where every time you kill a stronger monster it needs an escalating series of colours to drop and there has to be like 5 of them

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jul 8, 2023