Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it would be insanely funny if the nets made simmons play summer league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

kingcobweb posted:

Hiring a private chef to cook me General Tso’s

"Cheap" foods can be really good when made by a professional chef with quality ingredients. I had the opportunity to eat fried chicken made by a guy's private chef a few times, easily the best fired chicken I've ever had.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

"Cheap" foods can be really good when made by a professional chef with quality ingredients. I had the opportunity to eat fried chicken made by a guy's private chef a few times, easily the best fired chicken I've ever had.

on average I think you'll get better fried chicken than a variety of american chinese standbys from a random selection of private chefs

but at the same time you're right and all of that was probably delicious

stuker fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jul 8, 2023

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

The dish or its variants are known by a number of variant names, including Governor Tso's chicken, General Tao’s chicken, General Gao's / Gau's chicken, General Mao's chicken, General Tsao's chicken, General Tong's chicken, General Tang's chicken, Genernal T's Chicken, General Cho's chicken, General Chow's chicken, General Chai's chicken, General Joe's Chicken, T.S.O. Chicken, General Ching's chicken, General Jong's Chicken, General Sauce Chicken, House Chicken, or simply General's Chicken. But when my wonderful chef, Daisy, makes the dish on the upper deck of the Phoenix 2, I frankly don't care what it's called!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Algund Eenboom posted:

The dish or its variants are known by a number of variant names, including Governor Tso's chicken, General Tao’s chicken, General Gao's / Gau's chicken, General Mao's chicken, General Tsao's chicken, General Tong's chicken, General Tang's chicken, Genernal T's Chicken, General Cho's chicken, General Chow's chicken, General Chai's chicken, General Joe's Chicken, T.S.O. Chicken, General Ching's chicken, General Jong's Chicken, General Sauce Chicken, House Chicken, or simply General's Chicken. But when my wonderful chef, Daisy, makes the dish on the upper deck of the Phoenix 2, I frankly don't care what it's called!

lmao

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

R.D. Mangles posted:

it would be insanely funny if the nets made simmons play summer league

Joke's on you because it's unclear if he has the ability to move
https://twitter.com/erikslater_/status/1677498938616860673?s=46&t=Ie-cqJ49Hs9KBIrRiJ7abw

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Wemby is the best dunk prop prospect since Shawn Bradley

https://twitter.com/ComplexSports/status/1677505857653981185

https://twitter.com/_Zeets/status/1677506696409669632

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
What does that mean

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Algund Eenboom posted:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

pretty mean for them to roll Simmons onto the court without anyone else on the court to pass out of layups to.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Dexo posted:

Dame is friends with Jimmy and Bam, which is probably more why he wants to go there.

Also it seems like by reports the Celtics aren't interested in Dame at all.

i think miami should trade jimmy and bam for him

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
:911: and it was charlotte too

edit:
https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/1677495659128311808

temple fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jul 8, 2023

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Dame : Loyalty :: Jimmy : Effort

he turns up his loyalty in the playoffs?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

first time wemby sees one of these, he's going to say "drat i respect your game"

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I can't imagine Wemby's feet not constantly being fractured, they're like the length of a normal human forearm

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it actually owns that the most hyped player in the nba is an undulating carnival freak man

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

someone took the manute bol hitting a bunch of 3s in a game highlight video and turned it into a human being, as a joke

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Wonder what would happen if Chet and Wemby got, like, tangled

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I really can’t take a dude who looks like that seriously as an actual prospect. It’s like someone animated a package of spaghetti

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Papercut posted:

I can't imagine Wemby's feet not constantly being fractured, they're like the length of a normal human forearm

A few years ago in response to the Thunder's draft proclivities, somebody posted about the league coming to be dominated by "spooky skeleton men." I think about that post a lot when I watch Wemby.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Wemby did an excellent job of balancing expectations with that sweet little four-point play right after that absolute brick

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

leftist heap posted:

I really can’t take a dude who looks like that seriously as an actual prospect. It’s like someone animated a package of spaghetti

finally a player who can step up and wield the nickname "Al Dente"

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Wemby could stand to lose a few inches

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

he should get those hakeem style knee/elbow pads but all over his body. worth giving up the quickness for some girth.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/BritneyTheStan/status/1677504311041949696

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Wemby makes Bol look like Traylor

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

this account's timeline is on fire tonight. wemby's getting buried beneath the building

https://twitter.com/IQfor3/status/1677512010110578688

https://twitter.com/GossipBritney/status/1677520097361920006

https://twitter.com/JefferyxBball/status/1677508350232207361

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Can't believe Wemby is already a massive bust

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
slenderman is real

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Kirios posted:

Can't believe Wemby is already a massive bust

Any situation that leads to the words 'His security technically didn't hit Britney Spears to protect him before he ever took the court' being written is very close to the peak of bad vibes/this is how your huge bust bio opens.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Pretty hyped about animated spaghetti man aka 👽
Just seeing some of the poo poo he does on the court while looking like he's been possessed by the Thing

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Yao Ming was also destroyed in his first few games before turning into an elite wall of buttermeat

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Mission seat cover 2024 success with a clean exit

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/jaycaspiankang/status/1677539546559545344?t=xuzQv_rYXYuueBeSy3v6Hw&s=19

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
pathetic

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Wemby was fine. He's had like 45 minutes of practice to adjust to not-fiba and the coaches said they only had two plays.

Defensively he looked great, and offensively his passing was ahead of where he looked in euro league. The shots will fall.

Reminder Scoot went 5-13 tonight too and looked like he outclassed almost everyone on the floor despite that.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

WhyteRyce posted:

Mission seat cover 2024 success with a clean exit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Algund Eenboom posted: