Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
never heard of him before either. but apparently capitalizing random words and signing your posts predates the internet:

quote:

The first edition of A Pickle for the Knowing Ones is 8,847 words long, totaling 32 pages. The book contains no punctuation, many misspellings and grammar mistakes, and randomly capitalized letters.
[...]
The text is structured like a series of letters; each section is signed "Timothy Dexter" at the bottom, with some containing headings like "From the museum of Timothy Dexter, esq."[9]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

matti
Mar 31, 2019

quote:

In addition, all computers in the film were provided by IBM, and in some scenes (such as the pen grenade scene towards the end), the OS/2 Warp splash screen can be seen on computer monitors. During the Q Lab scene, James Bond can be seen using an IBM ThinkPad laptop ignoring Q's instructions on the use of a leather belt modified with a piton gun. This moment was not present in early drafts of the film, but it is understood that director Martin Campbell had 007 fiddling with the keyboard of this computer as a way to show Bond was visibly ignoring the Quartermaster, but also as a way increase IBM's product placement arrangement.[74]

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020
OS/2 Warp, Mr. Bond

Gubbinal Girl
Apr 11, 2022

A digital model made with ZBrush

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Samuel Glompers posted:

No, Mister Bond, I expect OS/2 Warp

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

In the following decade Pujol tried to 'refine' and make his acts 'gentler'; one of his favourite numbers became a rhyme about a farm which he himself composed, and which he punctuated with anal renditions of the animals' sounds.[6]

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

American Type Founders' historian Henry Lewis Bullen somewhat cruelly described it as "a spoilt Jenson".[6]

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Midjack posted:

this guy absolutely won at life.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

The in-flight entertainment system was the first of its kind equipped on the plane. It allowed the first and business class passengers to browse the World Wide Web, select their own movies and games, and gamble. The system was installed in business class one year before the incident, between 21 August and 9 September 1997. It was installed in first class five months later, in February 1998, due to delivery delays.[3]

this is in an article about a plane crash btw, gonna eat a lot of crow if i finish it and it turns out this system caused the crash or smth

e: boy is my face red

theflyingexecutive fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jul 5, 2023

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

theflyingexecutive posted:

The in-flight entertainment system was the first of its kind equipped on the plane. It allowed the first and business class passengers to browse the World Wide Web, select their own movies and games, and gamble. The system was installed in business class one year before the incident, between 21 August and 9 September 1997. It was installed in first class five months later, in February 1998, due to delivery delays.[3]

this is in an article about a plane crash btw, gonna eat a lot of crow if i finish it and it turns out this system caused the crash or smth

quoting in advance

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Tunicate posted:

quoting in advance

i accept my defeat with dignity

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

lmao

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020
Laying a banana peel on the floor and walking over it. Masochistic

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

whoops.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

More articles should have "before the incident" without ever clarifying

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
The art and layout are slightly different, with the CD having the edge on quantity, although the record obviously offers larger images.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI7CIWJ5PJc&t=59s

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

The typical personal computer tests itself at start-up (called POST) because it's a very complex piece of machinery. Since it includes a computer, a computerized self-test was an obvious, inexpensive feature.

matti
Mar 31, 2019

The maximum size of a PDF compared to Europe.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

While stationed near Paris, he was recorded as having eaten 174 cats in a year, and although he disliked vegetables, he would eat 4 to 5 pounds (1.8 to 2.3 kg) of grass each day if he could not find other food.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Captain Hygiene posted:

While stationed near Paris, he was recorded as having eaten 174 cats in a year, and although he disliked vegetables, he would eat 4 to 5 pounds (1.8 to 2.3 kg) of grass each day if he could not find other food.

at a risk of sounding like a baptist, i do think tarrare was a literal demon from hell

wakka wakka
Oct 9, 2004

goblin week posted:

at a risk of sounding like a baptist, i do think tarrare was a literal demon from hell

just cuz he ate a lot of pussy?

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

There is no way that guy actually existed as described.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

tarrare is real, and strong, and my friend

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/depthsofwiki/status/1677122836878569472

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Admiral Halsey interpreted the [cryptographic] padding phrase "the world wonders" as a sarcastic reprimand, causing him to have an emotional outburst and then lock himself in his bridge and sulk for an hour before moving his forces to assist at the Battle off Samar.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Scarodactyl posted:

There is no way that guy actually existed as described.

Look, buddy, it's right there on the internet

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

:catstare:

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

matti posted:

The maximum size of a PDF compared to Europe.

And yet this is false.

Postscript is a Turing-complete language, and PDFs support embedded javascript. So the real maximum size can be whatever u want

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Upon witnessing the missile's landing, Summerfield stated, "This peacetime employment of a guided missile for the important and practical purpose of carrying mail, is the first known official use of missiles by any Post Office Department of any nation."[8]

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

alexandriao posted:

And yet this is false.

Postscript is a Turing-complete language, and PDFs support embedded javascript. So the real maximum size can be whatever u want

yeah if youre a nerd

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Captain Hygiene posted:

Upon witnessing the missile's landing, Summerfield stated, "This peacetime employment of a guided missile for the important and practical purpose of carrying mail, is the first known official use of missiles by any Post Office Department of any nation."[8]

love that "for the purposes of" engergy, very belieable

- hey kids whatter you doin out there?
- nuthin!
- nuthin?
- just important and practical mail delivery ma

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You better be doin' something of historic significance to the peoples of the entire world out there!! :arghfist:

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Jabberlock posted:

yeah if youre a nerd

Well, you would know, wouldn't you

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

The trilogy's story initially presents itself as a light-hearted romantic comedy, but changes into an alternate timeline coming-of-age story, and finally evolves into an alien invasion war epic.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

alexandriao posted:

And yet this is false.

The description of the image on wikipedia specifically says "There is no limit to the size of PDFs, but this is the largest PDF that can be created in Adobe Acrobat."

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Carbon dioxide posted:

The description of the image on wikipedia specifically says "There is no limit to the size of PDFs, but this is the largest PDF that can be created in Adobe Acrobat."

So that just confirms I was correct, thanks! :)

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Despite peace negotiations and the cease-fire agreement, the MILF attacked government troops in Maguindanao, resulting in at least twenty-three deaths in January 2005.