Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
I am ready to declare Alek Manoah fixed and your 2023 Cy Young Award winner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Popete posted:

you cant out cubspost us

lmao the way they couldn’t hit anything Taillon threw despite playing with him for two years

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Taillon is only good when pitching against the Yankees, it turns out.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Hand Knit posted:

I am ready to declare Alek Manoah fixed and your 2023 Cy Young Award winner.

we'll see once he starts against a major league team

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
There is literally not one position player on the Yankees I would miss if they cut them tomorrow.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Taillon is only good when pitching against the Yankees, it turns out.

12-4 with a career 3.38 ERA in Yankee Stadium, not including tonight where he went eight scoreless. Seems like this guy would be a really good pickup for the Yankees, and I think the Cubs might be gracious enough to trade him over to them at the deadline.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

mcmagic posted:

There is literally not one position player on the Yankees I would miss if they cut them tomorrow.

Aaron Judge deserves to be somewhere he'd be truly loved, like a different sport

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Marlins lose via a 9th inning meltdown capped off by a Place pinch hit dinger

I guess Miami can't win every one run game after all

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Well the Rays keep losing...6 in a row

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Astros officially down to one reliable starter in the rotation. Oof

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
This is the lowest point in Yankees franchise history

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Adolis is the poo poo. I hope he smashes in the derby but I know Alonso will win.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

this is it, Ohtani's fate is decided this weekend

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

bawfuls posted:

this is it, Ohtani's fate is decided this weekend

:sickos:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Forrest on Fire posted:

Aaron Judge deserves to be somewhere he'd be truly loved, like a different sport

He isn't even playing and is irrelevant to the comment at hand

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

trevorreznik posted:

This is the lowest point in Yankees franchise history

If they get swept by the Cubs does that automatically trigger a full rebuild? And I don't mean the one they did in like 2016 where they tanked for 2 months and where good again, I want a full on multi-year poo poo fest with 100+ loss seasons.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

https://twitter.com/RiverAveBlues/status/1677488635527020545?s=20

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Against all odds and despite numerous self-imposed challenges, your Cleveland Guardians have once again managed to get to .500.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

They should've blown this garbage team up 3 years ago.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Popete posted:

If they get swept by the Cubs does that automatically trigger a full rebuild? And I don't mean the one they did in like 2016 where they tanked for 2 months and where good again, I want a full on multi-year poo poo fest with 100+ loss seasons.
how about just like, a single losing season?

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
The second Portuguese player in MLB history debuted tonight (Isiah Campbell).

He's the first since 1875.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The Cubs have won the World Series.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

bawfuls posted:

how about just like, a single losing season?

It's been more than 30 years since their last losing season

What a buncha bums! :argh:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

olympus has fallen
https://twitter.com/WatchMarquee/status/1677490026475581440?s=20

lmao at 8 shutout innings from taillon

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Holy poo poo are the Cardinals awful I mean this isnt news but holy poo poo. I'm pretty drat glad my Grandfather doesn't have to watch this anymore.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Tayter Swift posted:

Holy poo poo are the Cardinals awful I mean this isnt news but holy poo poo. I'm pretty drat glad my Grandfather doesn't have to watch this anymore.

it rocks. the worse the team is the weaker management's position of We're Not Going To Sell Valuable Players becomes

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Tayter Swift posted:

I watch every single game start to finish and am generally a very positive non whining sports fan who always finds the good in my team/the sport. I had to turn the game off today. It was the absolute worst. Just a total pathetic meltdown. At the moment I have a bad ear infection that came right after nursing a random back injury back into shape, have been anxious a ton recently, just generally been Through It tm recently and this game really bummed me out. I just wanted to sit down this evening and see these guys put it together for a second night in a row but nope. Can't have that. Of course it's doubly painful with it all happening after Monty goes out of a beautifully pitched game with a hamstring (?) problem. Fuckin' sucks, dude. Anyway enough ranting. I hope we get some wins soon and make some solid moves by the deadline. I love baseball.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

I watch every single game start to finish and am generally a very positive non whining sports fan who always finds the good in my team/the sport.

what is this normal, well-adjusted person doing here

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

https://twitter.com/WatchMarquee/status/1677495508883963904

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

posted:

Since Judge became inactive, the Yankees entered Friday last of 30 teams for batting average (.218) and slugging percentage (.288), and fourth to last in OPS (.663) and runs per game (3.8).

:barf:

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Lol this owns. The Cubs are just too competitive for the poor down on their luck Yankees. Y'know, injuries are just so random, I bet Cash gets another chance to build a contender by signing cheap castaways like the small market Yankees have to build.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Believe it or not, the Rangers are now the unluckiest team in baseball. They're playing 7 games below their Pythag. :psyduck:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Mike_V posted:

it rocks. the worse the team is the weaker management's position of We're Not Going To Sell Valuable Players becomes

These dorks are too high on themselves, if I’ve learned anything from the past few years of watching this teams it’s that once the Strategy is decided they will not deviate from it even if it demonstrably is not working. Sign legitimate pitching? Nope, a 42 year old Adam wainwright and a miraculously healed and somehow consistent Flaherty will paper over everything. I can’t believe mozeliak had the chutzpah to tell people we had six legitimate starting pitchers with flaherty back lol. They aren’t selling poo poo, they’ll trade off hicks and Stratton and say this is the best they could do in an unfriendly market

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
more like Jameson Cy-llon

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Poque posted:

more like Jameson Cy-llon

He lowered his ERA by 0.78 in one game

e: It was his best gamescore of the season by 14 points

Kevlar v2.0 fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jul 8, 2023

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

He lowered his ERA by 0.78 in one game

8 more outings like that and he'll be back to 0!

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Poque posted:

8 more outings like that and he'll be back to 0!

If only he could pitch against the Yankees 8 more times

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Bismack Billabongo posted:

These dorks are too high on themselves, if I’ve learned anything from the past few years of watching this teams it’s that once the Strategy is decided they will not deviate from it even if it demonstrably is not working. Sign legitimate pitching? Nope, a 42 year old Adam wainwright and a miraculously healed and somehow consistent Flaherty will paper over everything. I can’t believe mozeliak had the chutzpah to tell people we had six legitimate starting pitchers with flaherty back lol. They aren’t selling poo poo, they’ll trade off hicks and Stratton and say this is the best they could do in an unfriendly market

Hopefully if the economy is as bad as shitheads like DeWitt keep claiming it is, the hicks from outlying Cardinal Land will stop coming to games and make ownership finally pay attention

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I hope Yadi and Albert give Waino poo poo for the rest of time for staying on another year so he could have this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Good news, Cubs fans! Miles Mastrobuoni is back!