Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
yeah all the aeons are referred to with gender neutral terms. seems more like a godhood thing than an identity one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Chinese does actually have a pronoun reserved specifically for divine beings, dunno if that's what they're using here. The English equivalent would be capital He when referring to god, I guess.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

acumen posted:

Anyone aware of any upcoming events before Luocha's banner shuts down? I'm at like 65 pity with the guaranteed 50/50...

Should be codes for 3x100 jade tomorrow. I think that's about it beyond regular dailies/memory of chaos reset on monday, since the next event is for double calyx rewards.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Walla posted:

https://youtu.be/wIh75uqehAc

That's the one. It's a pretty compelling argument.

I gave it a watch. I don't think it's as sealed as the guy thinks it is. As I said before magenta is much more imaginary energy in general in Mihoyo's games, or if we want to tie into this game, then Finality would have the strongest claim to it given well, the Cocoon of Finality. So I wouldn't say it's Yaoshi's color. I do think it is something tied to Yaoshi, hence an abundance emanator would make the most sense. I don't think it's a living Aeon, because they warp reality to an insane degree, and our only interaction with one thus far was in a dream state in between reality. This also fits with the Cocoon of Finality being a being that normal humans just couldn't stand interacting with. I could be wrong, but I'm just operating off the assumption that one of these things is a level beyond anything else we'd encounter to the point we'd never pull on an aeon, but an emanator if they are herrscher tier is eminently pullable.

Also the only thing Ambrosial Arbor and Imaginary Tree have in common is "Big Tree".

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Eimi posted:

Luocha has something wild in his coffin and my guess is it's at least herrscher emanator powerlevel.

its DB Cooper

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

shrach posted:

Should be codes for 3x100 jade tomorrow. I think that's about it beyond regular dailies/memory of chaos reset on monday, since the next event is for double calyx rewards.

Oh sweet that's good to know. Forgot about MoC too, should be doable I think

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

acumen posted:

Oh sweet that's good to know. Forgot about MoC too, should be doable I think

You can also trade starlight for tickets, though doing so means not getting a 5* signature light cone for a while

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Qwertycoatl posted:

I knew the Preservation was building a wall but I had no idea the IPC was trying and failing to provide meaningful help, where does that come up lol

It's also just weird in general because Qliploth's whole deal is building walls to isolate societies from each other, and the IPC is explicitly all about building trade networks and integrating various disparate settlements into the larger galactic system. Yet the IPC are fervent believers in the Preservation, and despite explicitly ignoring them Qliploth still empowers the IPC. It's just one more example of "there's clearly way more to the Aeons than what we've been told so far."

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I don't think the Preservation is isolating society, they're just building a single big wall around the entire galaxy.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Clarste posted:

I don't think the Preservation is isolating society, they're just building a single big wall around the entire galaxy.

I was about to say that, but turns out Tree Reformat is right: https://honkai-star-rail.fandom.com/wiki/Glimpses_into_the_Beyond

"The IPC seems to be going against the Aeon's wishes what's with that" is flat-out text.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
the preservation just loves building big walls i get it

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

"I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great great wall on our southern border and I’ll have Nanook pay for that wall" - Qlipoth, probably

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Qwertycoatl posted:

"The IPC seems to be going against the Aeon's wishes what's with that" is flat-out text.

Ah, but the key part is how they phrase it. "This seems like it'd be against the Aeon but they have his support" is an invitation to consider what the IPC really does. What the Aeon does is more direct and fitting of a God. Preservation by literal separation on a galactic scale. What the IPC does is a bit more subtle, but it's the same idea. Preservation, by capitalistic assimilation and status quo. Things won't change if they are locked off in a closed environment, but they also won't change if all change is stifled from within.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
someone just added the P to the name its actually the Reservation and they need some funds

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

To solidify Luchoa as a villain in Star Rail what's in the coffin is an infinite supply of Findee

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Mulva posted:

Ah, but the key part is how they phrase it. "This seems like it'd be against the Aeon but they have his support" is an invitation to consider what the IPC really does. What the Aeon does is more direct and fitting of a God. Preservation by literal separation on a galactic scale. What the IPC does is a bit more subtle, but it's the same idea. Preservation, by capitalistic assimilation and status quo. Things won't change if they are locked off in a closed environment, but they also won't change if all change is stifled from within.

Yeah, economically assimilating the entire galaxy into one big monoculture blob effectively ruled over by a single ultracorporation would be an extremely effective way to enforce stasis and prevent change on a much more significant level than isolating individual cities or planets.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

MotU posted:

someone just added the P to the name its actually the Reservation and they need some funds

They actually jumbled a bunch of the letters; It's Serval.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Clarste posted:

The MC was Destruction while the space station was being attacked by Destruction.

All this Trailblazer poo poo is a long-con to get revenge on the MC for being a traitor

In the final arc Himeko/Welt/Dan/March/Pom-Pom reveal that they've been fooling the protagonist all this time, as they douse them in gasoline and Himeko lights them on fire

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Walla posted:

https://youtu.be/wIh75uqehAc

That's the one. It's a pretty compelling argument.

Someone also pointed this out in the YouTube comments, but the video creator's argument against Jingliu being the one in the coffin is in fact an argument in favor of it being Jingliu. She says she arrived on a merchant ship, and Luocha is a merchant who travels on merchant ships.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Qwertycoatl posted:

I was about to say that, but turns out Tree Reformat is right: https://honkai-star-rail.fandom.com/wiki/Glimpses_into_the_Beyond

I see. To be fair, pretty much all the aeon worshipping factions have various ideological rifts on how to interpret the aeon's actions. Like the meme-stealers who try to remove memories they don't want the Remembrance to have, or the Mourning Troupe that tries to remove joy because they hate the Elation or whatever (but are still empowered by them).

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

All this Trailblazer poo poo is a long-con to get revenge on the MC for being a traitor

In the final arc Himeko/Welt/Dan/March/Pom-Pom reveal that they've been fooling the protagonist all this time, as they douse them in gasoline and Himeko lights them on fire

That would definitely confirm Stelle as Sirin. :v:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Oh so the IPC is really, truly space Amazon

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

I see. To be fair, pretty much all the aeon worshipping factions have various ideological rifts on how to interpret the aeon's actions. Like the meme-stealers who try to remove memories they don't want the Remembrance to have, or the Mourning Troupe that tries to remove joy because they hate the Elation or whatever (but are still empowered by them).
I really like that about the setting. This concept of two sects worshiping the same god under different teachings isn't something you see very often in fantasy, despite being so common in real life.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Izzhov posted:

Someone also pointed this out in the YouTube comments, but the video creator's argument against Jingliu being the one in the coffin is in fact an argument in favor of it being Jingliu. She says she arrived on a merchant ship, and Luocha is a merchant who travels on merchant ships.

It could be, but what's evidence for Jingliu being a ghost? I only know the character through Yanqing's mission so I don't know anything about it.

It's at least a decent amount of circumstantial evidence pointing towards something connected to Yaoshi. And considering all the talk from Kafka about Aeons dying it would at least fit the current arc in the coffin housing a dead Aeon, or the remains of something connected to one. It could also all be a bunch of smoke and mirrors too.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
yaoshi being dead-ish but being unable to Actual Die because of their schtick would be pretty funny

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Walla posted:

It could be, but what's evidence for Jingliu being a ghost? I only know the character through Yanqing's mission so I don't know anything about it.

One of Jing Yuan's promo videos showed him killing her after she went mara-struck.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

It faded to white with her smiling. We don't even get her collapsing to the ground. :colbert: As far as anime deaths go that's entirely returning powered up tier.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Ghost or not Jingliu is clearly still capable of loving Mara-struck up and other people can interact with her, so I'm pretty sure the distinction is pointless and she's basically a living person

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

She died and came back with a blindfold. Next death she'll get some earmuffs or nose plugs or something.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Finally got the last blessing in Simulated Universe! Ruan Mei still doesn't exist, but I don't care. I can play SU for fun again!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The animation wherein Lou stabs his sword into the ground is very nice

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also I forgot to share this earlier, but if anyone cares to understand the math behind Quinque here's a great video:

https://youtu.be/JLtvsic9M1E

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

looks like blade then kafka is the order for 1.2

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I've been meaning to pull for Blade, but getting Luocha ended up costing me more than I'd prefer and I'm still piling fuel just leveling my other characters to 80, I haven't even touched the Welt I got by losing the 50/50 yet

Might just skip both if I'm not satisfied with how my other like 10 high-priority characters look and save for Fu Xuan and the all-quantum squad

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Endorph posted:

Well, hopefully Fu Xuan is second for 1.3, then. :pray:

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Endorph posted:

The 1.2 character tease tweets were in this order (Blade, Kafka, Luka who will be on Kafka's banner) so that may be the trend to look out for until they buck it.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Boy I sure hope Fu Xuan isn't second, just pulled another non-Bailu/Gepard on standard so the March/Nat/MC show is gonna continue unabated until she (or Lynx I guess) finally decides to show up. And frankly I'm starting to get tired of it..!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Endorph posted:

friggin blade

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

i feel like i should pull for blade, because i somehow lucked into getting an entire set of wind gear that's all crit rate/critdam substats on each piece with matching crit rate or crit dam chestpiece as an option while trying to farm the other set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

so is anyone replacing their Tingyun with Yukong?