Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

SgtScruffy posted:

Just went to Costco. One of the pressure sensors in my tires has been loving up, so I dropped my car off at the tire center while I shopped. They'd fixed it about an hour later as I shopped. I turned on my car, and the check engine light was now on. I went back and asked them about it and if they could look at it because it wasn't on before, and they said "huh, we didnt see the check engine light, and we cant look up the codes. Sorry, cant do anything about it".

So that sucks.

You can get a bluetooth code reader for like $20 and just get an app for your phone to read codes. I leave mine plugged in all the time, It's pretty nice knowing what the check engine light error is when they come on. Have to be careful on the apps, some of them are bullshit and want you to pay to clear the codes... (I use Car Scanner now & have used Torque lite in the past).

I drive an older 150k+ mile car so it throws codes sometimes...

Well page snipe for the church.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
OBD2 readers are good to have, so it's not the worst snipe!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I strap my winix onto my chest so it blows fresh air directly into my face holes 24/7

that's just version 1.0 for proof of concept, right, surely the version with a fume hood ducting all the air into an oxygen mask is the next evolution?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Are there any good deals on tires at Costco right now? When should I buy my tires, I don't know about this poo poo

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Dyson is already going after that market.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Fatrick posted:

Yeah, they're just a tire shop, they don't have any diagnostic or servicing tools and materials.

You're right, that does suck.

Most tire shops should at least diagnose and repair a bad tpms though

Depending on your car it's possible a faulty tpms might make your light go on.

Your experience is the same as mine for pretty much every time I get my car serviced. Last time, Honda put my headlights back in upsidedown.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

If a TPMS issue sets a check engine light, it should only be for reasons well outside the realm of a tire shop's purview - i.e. the TPMS computer itself isn't communicating properly with the rest of the car.

Tire shops just make sure the sensor itself is reporting, paired, and not leaking air. None of those should ever set a check engine light on any car even if they are not done right.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

bagmonkey posted:

Are there any good deals on tires at Costco right now? When should I buy my tires, I don't know about this poo poo

buy them when any one of these conditions is true: the tread is worn down, the tires are too old, or you've driven too many miles on them

but also if you have discount tire near you, they're really good. two places to check for deals is better than one.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Shredder posted:

it's tradition to throw away the last half of any costco food because you couldn't eat it fast enough, you know what to do

I just had to throw out like 10 out of 12 bagels because they turned green in one week of me not freezing them...

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Zero VGS posted:

I just had to throw out like 10 out of 12 bagels because they turned green in one week of me not freezing them...

Yep that happens. Costco bagels last like 3-5 days unless frozen.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Original_Z posted:

This is an odd thing but I keep the mixed nuts and the bag of almonds on a shelf above my oven and when I went to grab them right after using it one time I noticed the bottom of the mixed nuts container was somewhat hot, not dangerously so or anything but definitely noticeable. The almond bag seemed fine but it would have been exposed to the same heat. The plastic doesn't seem to have melted or anything, but I'm kind of worried that the food is contaminated now with leeched plastic, anyone know if they're safe to eat or I should trash them? I assume it's something that's been going on for awhile since I very slowly pick away at them and they've been there for months.

Return when you're down to that last 10%.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Zero VGS posted:

One of the first things I do when I get home is put all the bagels in individual zip locks and freeze them. Takes like 30 minutes or so to thaw on the countertop.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Barry posted:

One of the first things I do when I get home is put all the bagels in individual zip locks and freeze them. Takes like 30 minutes or so to thaw on the countertop.

Cut them first before you freeze them, and you can just toss the halves in a toaster to defrost them

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I have a box fan/hvac filter cube in every room in my house and the air I’m breathing is so pure my penis has grown 3 inches.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Went to Costco today and they didn’t have any loving sweet corn they have it all goddamn winter and then don’t have it when it’s actually in season.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Barry posted:

We just freeze them immediately in their bags for a couple hours, then vacuum seal em' after that. They do get crushed a bit, but they always defrost perfectly.

A bit ago we were chatting about this exact thing in this thread and someone mentioned doing this was wasting plastic and instead they just let them go bad and buy more. The bagels come in plastic!

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

costco just assumes you have a freezer or live on a farm, there's no other way all that food goes to use

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It is possible to eat the enchiladas if you cut in half and eat half one day and half the other.

The Meatloaf and potatoes is a meal for 1.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
I would ABSOLUTELY buy an ostrich egg at church.

Knowing them, it would be a 24 pack.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

egg big

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
could someone who is very familiar with costcos return policy let me know if they would refund (or replace) a sonicare toothbrush 2-pack i bought dec 2022 and they both already crapped out? not the replaceable head part but the battery/handle itself. i have the receipt as it was an online order.

or do i need to take that up with the manufacturer at this point?

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

Well someone in here recently returned a careworn bed frame that they bought at the beginning of the pandemic. Each location handles returns a little differently, but you'll probably be fine bringing them back to the store

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Durrrrrr

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

thathonkey posted:

could someone who is very familiar with costcos return policy let me know if they would refund (or replace) a sonicare toothbrush 2-pack i bought dec 2022 and they both already crapped out? not the replaceable head part but the battery/handle itself. i have the receipt as it was an online order.

there's been some social media chatter that store managers get the final say on a return and if you abuse the system they can cancel your membership and make your ineligible to get another one

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i dont think this would count as abuse they both broke under normal use ~6 months so im gonna give it a shot

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

thathonkey posted:

quote:

Electronics: Costco will accept returns within 90 days (from the date the member received the merchandise) for Televisions, Projectors, Major Appliances (refrigerators above 10 cu. ft., freezers, ranges, cooktops, over-the-range microwaves, range hoods, dishwashers, water heaters, washers and dryers), Computers, Touchscreen Tablets, Smart Watches, Cameras, Aerial Cameras (drones), Camcorders, MP3 players and Cellular Phones (return details will vary by carrier service contract).

According to that, they *arguably* don't count tooth brushes as electronics, so therefore there should be no limit to the return window. Just bring them in, explain the issue, and act cool and gracious about it and I'm sure they'll take them unless the grunt there is having a super bad day.

Today they refunded me for the bagels I had that got moldy, $8 back on my card. The guy at the counter said "just bring them in next time, if you don't bring them I need a key to override it". I'm like, you're sure you want me to bring a bag of spores?! And he's like "Yup!"

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

thathonkey posted:

I returned mine after about 10 months for a replacement, no questions asked. It was the same thing, the handle on one had died and the other sounded like a cement mixer when you turned it on because it rattled so much.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

binge crotching posted:

I returned mine after about 10 months for a replacement, no questions asked. It was the same thing, the handle on one had died and the other sounded like a cement mixer when you turned it on because it rattled so much.

Is it…not supposed to sound like an old-timey cartoon pump? That’s what the one I bought from Costco sounds like, though I haven’t tried the cordless one of the pair.

cracker
May 12, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zero VGS posted:

Today they refunded me for the bagels I had that got moldy, $8 back on my card. The guy at the counter said "just bring them in next time, if you don't bring them I need a key to override it". I'm like, you're sure you want me to bring a bag of spores?! And he's like "Yup!"

You went in without the bagels that got moldy and asked for a refund? gently caress I feel sorry for Costco workers

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

cracker posted:

You went in without the bagels that got moldy and asked for a refund? gently caress I feel sorry for Costco workers

It seemed crueler to go in with the bagels and make them handle them. My trash barrel was so sour from the smell that our dog was freaking out about it.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Say hi, ask how their day is, and thank them for being helpful and they would probably let you return a $5 rotis chicken skeleton after you made stock. Being friendly is like a golden ticket that unlocks the secret perks at every store. And if you want a friend for life, fill out a comment card and mention how helpful that person was and how it made your day and it has you consider upgrading your membership (even if you are already an executive member)!

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Seriously, I see customers at the returns counter go into Karen-mode and that poo poo never works as well as a smile and an "aw, shucks". Costco employees are paid better than 99% of retail so they're already of a sunny disposition. Just be cool.

pentyne posted:

there's been some social media chatter that store managers get the final say on a return and if you abuse the system they can cancel your membership and make your ineligible to get another one

For a manager to show up and tell you to gently caress off forever, it's not because you abused the system, it's because you abused the staff.

As a returner of well-used beds and ghost-bagels, I've never gotten anyone at Costco to so much as frown at me. I'm a goon so you know my charisma roll isn't that high. If you are getting strong resistance on a return and can't resolve it with meek, gentle pleading, just say "ok, I understand, no worries" and try it months later at a different site or shift.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I'm just sad

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jul 8, 2023

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

thathonkey posted:

i dont think this would count as abuse they both broke under normal use ~6 months so im gonna give it a shot

I actually returned a Roomba that crapped out six months after purchase too. Battery went to poo poo and wouldn't hold a charge.

The interesting part of this story is that I only thought I bought it at Costco. So I bring it in and hand it over and the guy says "weird we sell the Roomba abc and this is the Roomba bcd and your account says you already returned a Roomba months ago. Hold up let me get the manager." At this point I start apologizing profusely because it has now dawned on me I had returned my old Roomba to Costco six months ago and bought a replacement at Best Buy. So I was returning a Best Buy Roomba to Costco that Costco didn't even sell. I felt like an rear end and asked for the Roomba back so I could walk out in very deserved shame.

The manager refused to give me my broken Roomba back despite my embarrassed pleading and handed over the $350 price of the Roomba abc in cash.

10/10 Costco experience. I used the experience as inspiration to get the executive and the Costco Citi card.

So yes return the toothbrush it'll be no problem.

Edit I also returned bagels once. They were rancid so I tossed 'em. I didn't even have them to return but my husband talked me into trying. I just explained the situation to the return desk and they refunded no problem.

BigHead fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jul 8, 2023

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
The bagels are known to mold up within 2 days of purchase, I would be surprised if they didn’t do returns on them blind daily.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Mid-Life Crisis posted:

The bagels are known to mold up within 2 days of purchase, I would be surprised if they didn’t do returns on them blind daily.

I got another dozen, I'm just realizing what a pain in the rear end it is to freeze them though, I have to slice them all first, wash the Everything off my hands, put them back in the bags, and the bags use scotch tape instead of those plastic clips like everything else on the planet. First-world problems.

positivity edit:

Giant bag of Pretzel Crisps with the Government Cheese brick of Cabot's is loving amazing.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jul 8, 2023

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

You can buy a couple bagels at the grocery store

Do you want a dozen?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Wendigee posted:

You can buy a couple bagels at the grocery store

Do you want a dozen?

I don't wanna go to the grocery store every day like a drat European, I wanna buy my 50 Soylents and get back to poopsocking MMOs.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

But you'll continue to buy 12, knowing you'll get through 6 max before they start to get old and then mold and you ask to return them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Wendigee posted:

But you'll continue to buy 12, knowing you'll get through 6 max before they start to get old and then mold and you ask to return them

Did you not see the whole monologue about how I'm gonna freeze them now?