Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

FlapYoJacks posted:

Wife and I went to a Sushi burrito place and they ask for a tip when ordering. Who the gently caress am I tipping? I ordered at the counter and I picked it up at the counter. A single sushi burrito is already $15 and they want $3 more on top of that? There’s not even wait staff! :psyduck:

care to describe how that conversation actually went i can’t really fathom it making any sense

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

sleep with the vicious posted:

Friday night pittsburgh tip chat and chinese rare earth mineral trade sanctions MEGATHREAD

there are only two rules

Enterprise is better than Next Generation and deepdish is the superior pizza

Rectal Death Adept has issued a correction as of 03:48 on Jul 8, 2023

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmfao

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

sleep with the vicious posted:

Friday night pittsburgh tip chat and chinese rare earth mineral trade sanctions MEGATHREAD

lfggggg

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Rectal Death Adept posted:

there are only two rules

oh god

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

bottom tier engagement bait

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
One of the biggest problems with tipping is how you distribute them among eligible employees. A local restaurant group got popped for labor violations because they made servers tip out dishwashers and kitchen staff, super illegal.

You also get edge cases like this where a bar starts serving food and now the bartenders who were getting $1/beer from everyone who came in are now getting 20c while the server gets 80c for running the beers: https://old.reddit.com/r/bartenders/comments/jvahn1/tipping_out_bartender_at_a_brewery/

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

silicone thrills posted:

Just because there is a tip line leaves you under no obligation to tip. In Washington, there is no tipped wage. Everyone gets at least real minimum wage so you aren't loving anyone over by not tipping.
this is true for california, hawaii, and most "better" states.

anyways that's also just the default for a lot of those Square/ipad/etc transaction apps to prompt even at counter ordering.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

webcams for christ posted:

bottom tier engagement bait

you know what doesn't have engagement?

Disconnected episodes made for syndication so viewers never feel like they are missing anything no matter when they watch

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

number

weekend number

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

net work error posted:

number

weekend number

ombré le nombre

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

there are only two rules

:mods:

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

there are only two rules

boo

hiss

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I shove my tips straight into my rear end in a top hat

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Crazypoops posted:

I shove my tips straight into my rear end in a top hat

Just the tips?

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
deepdish is not pizza it is casserole :colbert:

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

There shouldn't be bike lanes just truck lanes

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

It should be one lane, 200ft wide, both directions, no speed limit

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

you laugh but would rather those jobs not been created? 300k/yr to add feet. 200k/yr as a recruiter. 1000$/hr to the lawyers changing the name of the company. 10$/hr under the table for guys to install the new sign. why do you hate america.

I hate America for thousands of reasons.

i am harry posted:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

i am harry posted:

the real Jakarta Method

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

there are only two rules

9/10 bait

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Xaris posted:

lol. the internet america is mostly scams, legal or illegal. even trump was famous for stiffing everyone and he became president. there's not really any negative to not just stiff someone

it's honestly completely amazing that early eBay days in the 90s worked as well as it did

and that's an excuse to not atleast try to make sure Freelancers don't get ripped off?

Anyway

https://twitter.com/LisaMParker7/status/1677405865781895168?t=pBKFH-EPNPONUmSEgW8nqg&s=19
this bot kinda has a point

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

there are only two rules

only one of these things is true

good luck figuring out which

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

i am harry posted:

care to describe how that conversation actually went i can’t really fathom it making any sense

gonna go ahead and assume it was the default stripe/square/w.e. payment processor on an iPad that asks if you’d like to leave a tip no matter where you are, not a “how much tip will you be leaving us” conversation

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

and that's an excuse to not atleast try to make sure Freelancers don't get ripped off?

Anyway

https://twitter.com/LisaMParker7/status/1677405865781895168?t=pBKFH-EPNPONUmSEgW8nqg&s=19
this bot kinda has a point

"Domestic supply of infants"

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Okuteru posted:

"Domestic supply of infants"

gross domestic product

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

gonna go ahead and assume it was the default stripe/square/w.e. payment processor on an iPad that asks if you’d like to leave a tip no matter where you are, not a “how much tip will you be leaving us” conversation

The only thing that really bothers me is when the counter person takes the time to mention or point out that I need to select an option for a tip, just to make it awkward. I never got tipped when I worked the counter, only for delivery.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I tip waiters, bartenders, servers, people at counters if they maintain eye contact, baristas so I don't look like an rear end in a top hat, people in a venue because I think they'll make fun of me, random pedestrians that I already imagine have bad thoughts about me, passerbys to avoid future "bad vibes", all my fallen homies, NASDAQ, an elevator if it has an especially loud pinging noise, the environment,

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Enterprise is better than Next Generation

Too much faith of the heart

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Shageletic posted:

I tip waiters, bartenders, servers, people at counters if they maintain eye contact, baristas so I don't look like an rear end in a top hat, people in a venue because I think they'll make fun of me, random pedestrians that I already imagine have bad thoughts about me, passerbys to avoid future "bad vibes", all my fallen homies, NASDAQ, an elevator if it has an especially loud pinging noise, the environment,

you forgot maid service if you stay at a hotel

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

ArmZ posted:

Always tip the Medical Assistance in Death people

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Always tip the Medical Assistance in Death people

If you tip your ER doctor, they give you the rich person medicine instead of the pleb medicine.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

there are only two rules

this thread should be closed if this is what's going to be allowed

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Nodelphi posted:

If you tip your ER doctor, they give you the rich person medicine instead of the pleb medicine.

But what do you base your tip on? What the hospital charges, or what the insurance rate agrees to? I am guessing it’s like a restaurant and you tip on the regular rates before deals, manager’s comps, etc.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

dentists don’t accept tips but they should

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

i give people important tips like "always tuck the shower curtain into the tub before turning the water on" but my waiter looks at me like i have three assholes

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i give people important tips like "always tuck the shower curtain into the tub before turning the water on" but my waiter looks at me like i have three assholes

you do

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

to solve the problem of food places underpaying their staff and then asking me to do the paying, I just don’t go out to eat…which is great because restaurant food loving sucks dick now even if it was free I’d rather eat something I made.

love that chicken at popeys which is actually 50% breading, for example. literally had a 3 piece with a breast that I saved for last and this thing was the size of my hand but not even half of it was chicken. owned me so hard I made fried chicken the next day just to get what I was supposed to get the day before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

ArmZ posted:

What's the rate for that? I throw a 20 on the dresser but wanna know if that's too low