Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Today I learned that chance to execute on lucky hit only triggers if the enemy is already under 35%. Boo! I say. Let us have our fun.

Edit: It says "chance to execute injured enemies" everywhere, this is on me

RoboCicero fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jul 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

chami posted:

I’m using Dirty Dancer and I’m sticking to it.

Using Corpse Dancer here!

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

OctaMurk posted:

This post and an earlier post explaining how to max damage are the best posts of the thread

they should go in the op

SuperMxyz
Feb 26, 2003
oops
Hello Lowtax. I am enjoying your site from my time machine. I remember when we played Rift with #goonsquad.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

SuperMxyz posted:

Hello Lowtax. I am enjoying your site from my time machine. I remember when we played Rift with #goonsquad.

hoo boy have i got news for you

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Turds in magma posted:

Put this in the OP, only good post in 350 pages

level 75+ version: is it item power <800? trash. ipower descends left to right when inv is sorted for each category. then use the previous mentioned filter

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

SuperMxyz posted:

lowtax shot himself in the head and died due to being a wife beater. welcome back.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
what the heck are these mechanics, are they exclusive to wt5 or what??

quote:

Diablo 4's Helltide events now let you earn rare Uniques from Tortured Gift chests. Rumor has it future patches will let you foment Pain Shards by transmorphing Wound Imps into Malfeasance Tokens, instead of having to distress your own Affliction Coins.
https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1677115697720180742

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020
Get a load of this guy who didn’t even know you can distress your affliction coins!

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I press buttons and pick up loot and then I do it again :cheerdoge:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I switched off of ice shards to try out the blizzard and ice spike build. It feels way better. Even with two of my glyphs under leveled it's absolutely shredding.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Affliction coins manufactured in the Mint of Sixty Sorrows have a 7.5% chance of shattering the Belligerent Bursar's teeth when it bites the coins to make sure they are not counterfeit. The pieces of Eternally Bleeding Fillings this yields in turn are used in the recipe to upgrade ancestral items to atavistic items, provided you can get Uber Lilith to drop the recipe.

It's pretty basic, really.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Dryzen posted:

I press buttons and pick up loot and then I do it again :cheerdoge:

Years ofy life into D2 and D2r I hated d3 grind. Played Immortal a fair amount, very potato chip.

Got a couple of 50+ now and my take is, it's the loot system and stats of Immortal, with the grindy storiness of D2. I'm pleased.

And like Immortal, don't read the drat build lists, so much funner to come to your own conclusions on how to click enemies to death with reckless abandon. I had a 95 HC bow Pally, I live for obtuse off meta builds and Immortal also allowed for it to a degree.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Tonetta posted:

I already completed everything on my main and the meaningful part of the progress transfers over in season so why would I be doing anything else on my main before it can farm helltides or nightmare dungeons?

On this note, what DOES carry over from season to season anyway?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

MMAgCh posted:

Affliction coins manufactured in the Mint of Sixty Sorrows have a 7.5% chance of shattering the Belligerent Bursar's teeth when it bites the coins to make sure they are not counterfeit. The pieces of Eternally Bleeding Fillings this yields in turn are used in the recipe to upgrade ancestral items to atavistic items, provided you can get Uber Lilith to drop the recipe.

It's pretty basic, really.

If this ends up being real it will still be a magnitude less confusing as PoE’s currency

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Theotus posted:

I switched off of ice shards to try out the blizzard and ice spike build. It feels way better. Even with two of my glyphs under leveled it's absolutely shredding.

What level does it start mattering? I'm level 72, and my main metrics of a successful build:
1) Can it HC?
2) Can it spam without mana or CD issues?
3) Can it always get "Mastery" on helltide events?
4) Can it melt NMD bosses in 1-2 skill rotations?

#3 is how I gauge most respecs I do. It's a much quicker baseline than running dungeons over and over. Covers AOE DPS and sniper style DPS to clear the annoying ranged enemies to reset horde waves.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

mynnna posted:

On this note, what DOES carry over from season to season anyway?

For Season 1 only two things will carry over: Altars of Lillith and Map Reveals. You will get the renown for those automatically which if you've found everything would cover the first 2 rewards and most of the third. This means you could potentially start with 6 skill points and 9 potion charges at level 1, and not be far off from another 5 skill points.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Swilo posted:

For Season 1 only two things will carry over: Altars of Lillith and Map Reveals. You will get the renown for those automatically which if you've found everything would cover the first 2 rewards and most of the third. This means you could potentially start with 6 skill points and 9 potion charges at level 1, and not be far off from another 5 skill points.

I can live with this, that is not bad at all.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

BrianBoitano posted:

What level does it start mattering? I'm level 72, and my main metrics of a successful build:
1) Can it HC?
2) Can it spam without mana or CD issues?
3) Can it always get "Mastery" on helltide events?
4) Can it melt NMD bosses in 1-2 skill rotations?

#3 is how I gauge most respecs I do. It's a much quicker baseline than running dungeons over and over. Covers AOE DPS and sniper style DPS to clear the annoying ranged enemies to reset horde waves.

I honestly do not do a whole lot of helltide, and I'm 88 so your mileage may vary, but you're using the same four defensive skills you probably already have on your bar and then ice blades. The build centers 100% around the glacial aspect that procs ice spikes during blizzard and uses the prodigy aspect and the fact that every other ability on your bar is a cool down to top up your mana in order to stack blizzards. If you have Raiment, you throw teleport and firebolt on your enchantment slots, teleport in, drop a couple blizzards, frost nova and everything explodes similar to ice shards. If you don't have Raiment I'd probably put something else in the enchantment slot, but for what it's worth I am missing one major aspect (spike explosion radius) and level 15 on two glyphs and it still owns.

This is what I am using and it seems solid. Honestly way more survivable than Ice Shards and damage feels way more consistent. Also now do like 650k crits instead of like 80k crits. So, there's that.

https://app.mobalytics.gg/diablo-4/builds/sorcerer/blizzard-hailstorm

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

It is nice to know the effort I put in getting all the altars won't be wasted.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Jaytan posted:

You’ll get a lot more of the materials than you need as you progress. If you don’t have a comfortable stash of materials salvage away, but gold and forgotten souls (from helltides) eventually become the only bottlenecks.

Edit: I’ve clearly played too much of the game, but I’m pretty sure I spend less than 30 seconds sorting whether a full inventory of items has anything worthwhile. Are yall in T4 and unsure about what you’re looking for on gear?

Here’s the checklist: sort inventory (this groups item of the same type together and puts the highest power level first)
-helm: no cdr? Trash
-chest: less than 3 defensive affixes? Trash
-gloves: no crit chance or +core skill? Trash
-pants: less than 3 defensive affixes? Trash
-boots: no move speed? Trash
-rings: missing more than 1 of vuln damage, crit damage, crit chance? Trash
-amulet: missing move speed and cdr? Trash
-weapons: lower than power level 780 or missing both crit damage and vuln damage? Trash

This filters more than 95% of items in basically no time. Most of this applies to every character. You still have to pick up loot because you will be strapped for gold. Filters would be nice, but it isn’t something I’m spending a ton of time on at this point.

I kinda was feeling like this was the case so thank you for confirming. Helpful post

Someone needs to rebalance this thread it's kinda broken rn.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

mynnna posted:

It is nice to know the effort I put in getting all the altars won't be wasted.

ditto
but I think they also said you have to load up your character you actually have them found with first. Why I dunno.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

That’s a problem for me because I found the altars between three different characters…

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Swilo posted:

what the heck are these mechanics, are they exclusive to wt5 or what??

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1677115697720180742

I don't understand half these words. Is this one of those NFT things, like slurp juice?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

SettingSun posted:

That’s a problem for me because I found the altars between three different characters…

I think you'll be fine just logging into one, I am imagining it checks account completion and you need to have a living character for it to check in HC.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

SettingSun posted:

If nothing else you can log into each of them and all the progress will be credited. Unless they're dead hardcore characters.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

i think my face did the exact same thing while reading this as it did when I first saw the "you can use multiple slurp juice on the same ape" thing

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

satanic splash-back posted:

No. Playing the same dungeon on repeat for multiple hours is not normal behavior and your attempts to normalize this is straight up fuckin weird.

what do you think people do in arpgs exactly

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
arpgs are the nascar of gaming

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

I'm mad that blood lance was nerfed the day I actually got around to using it. I wanted to crash a server too, blizzard!!

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

I'm mad that blood lance was nerfed the day I actually got around to using it. I wanted to crash a server too, blizzard!!

https://youtu.be/JqMCIJdSiGA

I mean look at this poo poo! It's beautiful and perfect and they loving massacred it! They massacred my boy!

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I'm missing an altar in Scosglen and can't seem to figure out which one it is, I think I must be losing my mind. Anybody know of a good interactive map that I can check off altars on so they no longer show, which should eventually show me the remaining one?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

https://mapgenie.io/diablo-4/maps/sanctuary

There's a limit to what you can check off without paying for it, but it's enough to do around 3 zones

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
https://d4planner.io/map

This one has no limit and also doesn't require an account or try to sell you anything.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Thanks! I've counted the altars on my in-game map and on the static maps on Maxroll and they keep coming up to the same number so clearly I've forgotten how to count things. Would be nice if there was some kind of api to allow third party services to hook into your character info and then just pinpoint the altar you're missing, and for that matter remaining sidequests (and their spawn locations). Then you could get all your stats and stuff too and it could be built into a damage calc etc. Sounds great tbh. Get it done, Blizz.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Herstory Begins Now posted:

arpgs are the nascar of gaming

Diablo IV: The Nascar of ARPG's

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
lmao

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
i happen to like this one, also no limits i think?

https://d4builds.gg/map/

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Thanks! I've counted the altars on my in-game map and on the static maps on Maxroll and they keep coming up to the same number so clearly I've forgotten how to count things. Would be nice if there was some kind of api to allow third party services to hook into your character info and then just pinpoint the altar you're missing, and for that matter remaining sidequests (and their spawn locations). Then you could get all your stats and stuff too and it could be built into a damage calc etc. Sounds great tbh. Get it done, Blizz.

Post a screenshot of your map, I bet someone here can spot the one you're missing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Tarnop posted:

Post a screenshot of your map, I bet someone here can spot the one you're missing

E: Just found it using one of those maps. drat I really can't count.

Swilo posted:

It's on the northern coast below that weird blue cave that was part of a side quest but never turns off, just to the east of the Sunken Ruins that gives Ancestral Force for barbs.

Thanks!

Shrimp or Shrimps fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jul 8, 2023