Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

terraforming mars is mid, call me when you're greening pluto

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tower of Babel poo poo

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

coconono posted:

Tower of Babel poo poo
it's germanic. it pleases me when the tech gods fight. i'm just a mere mortal watching lightning bolts being hurled back and forth in valhalla as big cracks and booms ring out and billions of dollars in valuation go flying off. musk coveted twitter's power and wanted a monopoly of attention, and it was the height of hypocrisy to ever claim he wanted less censorship, yet he accelerated a fragmentation of social media into some kind of neo-feudal structure which diminishes him too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FpORD59Lnk

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Austin being the engineering guy praying to gently caress the duct tape and spit holds.

Thank you for throwing yourself and entire wealth at the burning trash pit that is Twitter under your man crush.
You will be forgotten.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Incredibly unsurprised by this dane cook news

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

white nationalist shocked to learn that his success was the result of structural forces deliberately propping him up rather than his innate talents and traits

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Just remembering that there are people who preordered the Roadster when it was first announced and it’s been so long they died from old age waiting for it :lol:

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

white nationalist shocked to learn that his success was the result of structural forces deliberately propping him up rather than his innate talents and traits

Happens like clockwork. Tucker, Glen Beck, O’Riley. They all get massive heads thinking it’s them making Fox what it is and not Fox and it’s political connections deciding on their next propaganda mouth piece

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Mind you, Twitter is still propping him up

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

https://twitter.com/elonconomy/status/1677394263406174213

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

why has the robot got tits

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
I remember when Grimes was cool

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

linoleum floors posted:

this is a false memory, like sinbad being in a genie movie

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

linoleum floors posted:

I didn't actually know who she was before Musk got involved with her but everything I've learned since about her inclines me to think she has never been cool

Just a completely dog brained nepo baby

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

linoleum floors posted:

dunno about "cool" but her music was always bad

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
my cyborg hybrid children might love me

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Does that guy think if you cum in a Chuck E Cheese animatronic you can make babies or something

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Mr. Lobe posted:

I didn't actually know who she was before Musk got involved with her but everything I've learned since about her inclines me to think she has never been cool

Just a completely dog brained nepo baby

There was a brief period where everyone was going 'omg what is this amazing angelic like music!?!' with her first few songs.
And I will admit, I thought they were great too.
But shes a one hit wonder really, nothing amazing or distinctive released since, even after gently caress knows how many producers, writers, etc Musk has paid to get her big.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Mr. Lobe posted:

Does that guy think if you cum in a Chuck E Cheese animatronic you can make babies or something

if anyone can do it elon can

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

:ohno:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Did people like Steve Jobs have a bunch of creepy nerds like this or is this uniquely an Elon Musk thing

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

It might have helped if he spent literally any of his millions of dollars on staff like what he had on his old show to make his production values competitive with the other grifters.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Did people like Steve Jobs have a bunch of creepy nerds like this or is this uniquely an Elon Musk thing

Kinda, they were usually less weird about it? This could just be because social media didn’t exist the same way it does today though.

edit: Actually I think he probably still wouldn’t have as weird of fans because he didn’t post his entire life on Twitter and I don’t think he would have.

TheMightyBoops has issued a correction as of 14:01 on Jul 8, 2023

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Dr. VooDoo posted:

jobs dying was pretty much the beginning of this online but he definitely had simps

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Mr. Lobe posted:

its like youve never even heard about fnaf

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Oglethorpe posted:

did notepad.exe get tabs?

Only on Win 11, and they dont seem to be backporting it to Win 10

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

got to the second line and nope not reading the rest of that

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. VooDoo posted:

yes but Jobs wasn't awful in all the same ways Elon is awful, for better or worse Jobs' products worked as intended with a design and operating aesthetic that a lot of people preferred to the alternatives so we didn't have the bizarre situation of a billionaire loving up constantly and nerds throwing themselves at critics as human shields

Jobs was lovely to his family, like Elon, and he could be really lovely to his workers, like Elon - Jobs, Gates and the Google Boys had an unwritten rule that if someone left one of their companies of their own volition the others would not hire them and Jobs was the most strident about it - and Jobs was callous about working conditions and labor rights as long as he got his manufacturing done on time, which is the same for Elon except Elon never gets anything built on time

the biggest strikes against Elon - putting peoples' lives at risk for ease of testing, tanking billions to satisfy personal grudges, trying to make himself the world's center of attention, cozying up to neonazis because they're paradoxically the most welcoming, insulating faction on the internet as long as you espouse the right beliefs - those couldn't be laid at Jobs' feet

edit: to be fair, Jobs promoted alternative healing for cancers whilst maneuvering himself to the front of organ donor lists, which is reprehensible

Filthy Hans has issued a correction as of 14:12 on Jul 8, 2023

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Dr. VooDoo posted:

it's different when your hero is posting where you post and might even respond to you. that leads to people like this, or the guy crying about being blocked. they're like teenagers that convince themselves they're dating someone in their heads, meanwhile the object of their obsession has no idea.

like even when musk does reply to people it isn't like he's actually acknowledging them, they're just tools to feed his narcissism

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Why do people post like this? Even if you are deluded enough to think Musk is a genius, what level of brain damage gets you to posting cyborg fanfic of him.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Saltpowered posted:

Why do people post like this? Even if you are deluded enough to think Musk is a genius, what level of brain damage gets you to posting cyborg fanfic of him.

I liked the one last week where some loser tweeted his fantasy of Musk showing up on his birthday to electrify his car

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Saltpowered posted:

It’s a bit

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Yeah Elon is one of the successors to Jobs but worse and more stupid because at least Jobs didn't constantly blunder in and gently caress up all the efforts of engineering and manufacturing of the company he ran so the products all generally worked

The one saving grace of him as a boss I guess

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Saltpowered posted:

It’s a troll. This guy has been posted here a few times already

It’s a very obvious parody account

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Shugojin posted:

Yeah Elon is one of the successors to Jobs but worse and more stupid because at least Jobs didn't constantly blunder in and gently caress up all the efforts of engineering and manufacturing of the company he ran so the products all generally worked

The one saving grace of him as a boss I guess

Jobs ran Apple into the ground once but was able to come back later and turn it into a juggernaut

I can't see Elon turning things around for the better at any of his companies, or learning from even one solitary mistake

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Filthy Hans posted:

Jobs ran Apple into the ground once but was able to come back later and turn it into a juggernaut

I can't see Elon turning things around for the better at any of his companies, or learning from even one solitary mistake

Yeah i should have clarified it was round 2 Jobs not round 1, round 1 was every bit as much of a stupid jackass

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Filthy Hans posted:

I liked the one last week where some loser tweeted his fantasy of Musk showing up on his birthday to electrify his car

same guy

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

his schtick's going places

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
Mr. Teen Crypto 2015 is still an s tier posting handle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU