Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGfKb5winmc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

That's all cool but what about medical freedom

Good in the context of abortion, bad in the context of herd immunity.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Explosions were heard in Dnipro, Krivyi Rih, and Kramatorsk. There's still a threat of drones in the sky.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Hajun_BY/status/1677371882574602247
As per the Belarusian Hajun monitoring group, more than 100 pieces of equipment, along with Russian soldiers, has been taken to Voronezh and from there presumably towards the front over the last week.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

redgubbinz posted:

The Kennedy Curse is real, except instead of some kind of accident or death his brain got turned into oatmeal.

Not the good kind either, the stuff that comes in a paper packet and is half sugar by weight (also it is expired).

Guy's got more brain damage than his uncle did in '63.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Esplanade posted:

Guy's got more brain damage than his uncle did in '63.

So about on par with his aunt?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
What's the Kennedy Curse?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Not much, what's the Kennedy curse with you?

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

CannonFodder posted:

Lol I jumped ahead in the video and saw a guy trying to pry something apart and he was wearing Levi jeans with the big leather patch on the back right.

:capitalism:
Levi’s were massive status symbols in the USSR. I visited near the end of the Soviet Union as a teen. Our pre-trip American guide told us some people brought jeans to sell them for a huge sum, he discouraged it. I did have strangers try to buy my tennis shoes. My travel roommate sold his deodorant for like $20 worth of fixed rate rubles. Life in the USSR was pretty drat bleak as far as creature comforts go, even basic necessities.

That country has been on a messed up trajectory for a long time, from the dark days of communism to the wholesale of state assets and the creation of the oligarchy and a thin upper class to wherever the hell Putin is taking the populace now. I can’t see any future for Russia that does not involve a significant lessening of quality of life for at least a decade or two. They’re hosed and it’s all self inflicted. Putin is a turd.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Tree Bucket posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennedy_curse

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Tree Bucket posted:

Lycanthropy

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Adultery

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane

Pissology

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Is that like, doing taxes and taking regular shits?

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

wealth

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

An interesting photo op. Zelensky visits Snake Island.

https://twitter.com/front_ukrainian/status/1677557639817969665

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Ikasuhito posted:

An interesting photo op. Zelensky visits Snake Island.

https://twitter.com/front_ukrainian/status/1677557639817969665

ufff... I know is only a photo-op but is powerfull. this motherfucking is going to be revered for 30 generations

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
not many dudes in all history can credibly say that a nation exists because of their own personal courage, and of those peeps only one man also has a video of him playin piano w his dick

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
The Secret of Snake Island is still a mystery.

Just tell us already! :argh:

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/AndrewPerpetua/status/1677455289165987841?s=20

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

If we agreed decades ago that cluster bombs are too dangerous, then simply provide the Ukraine with the safer alternative that we certainly developed.

Well, unsurprisingly the US never actually agreed to that (iirc), even if much of the world did. Which is why sending them to Ukraine is legal.

Willo567 posted:

So how much will the cluster munitions help the Ukranians in the counteroffensive? Will it make a huge difference?

They may help. But a huge difference? No

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1677560208678166528

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1677600714460209153
Not a big surprise, but as long as they continue making foolish mistakes, it's all good.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

Storm Shadows have been on sale since the mid 90’s, there’s no way Russia doesn’t have an exemplar in a warehouse somewhere.

It's obviously a huge risk that anytime Russians capture western tech that they'll stare at it incredulously with their arms crossed and snort, "What? we had better technology 20 years ago."

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

It's obviously a huge risk that anytime Russians capture western tech that they'll stare at it incredulously with their arms crossed and snort, "What? we had better technology 20 years ago."

"Tovarisch, this device was made in 1978."

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1677628081341603840
:dukedog:

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Tei posted:

ufff... I know is only a photo-op but is powerfull. this motherfucking is going to be revered for 30 generations

bob dobbs is dead posted:

not many dudes in all history can credibly say that a nation exists because of their own personal courage, and of those peeps only one man also has a video of him playin piano w his dick

He reminds me of a modern-day King Leonides, with less intensity of course.

And if you haven't watched Servant of the People, it's eerily prophetic in some way (and well worth the watch)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Chicken Butt posted:

The Kennedy Dynasty peaked with RFK’s 1968 campaign, dude was legit passionate about justice and the best aspects of American idealism. His son & namesake is a loving embarrassment.

JFK's presidency ended when he had a hole put through his head

RFK Jr didn't let that stop him

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i mean if chaplin were alive now he would probably

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Lmao what. I won't deny Zelensky is a brave man and will go down in history as a symbol of resistance no matter how this ends, but comparing him to Leonidas (lol?!) or pretending his own personal courage is the reason Ukraine still fights on is a little ridiculous. A people only fights this hard because they want to, not thanks to one tv guy...

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Ayn Marx posted:

Lmao what. I won't deny Zelensky is a brave man and will go down in history as a symbol of resistance no matter how this ends, but comparing him to Leonidas (lol?!) or pretending his own personal courage is the reason Ukraine still fights on is a little ridiculous. A people only fights this hard because they want to, not thanks to one tv guy...

this is true, but him not turning tail and running a government in exile immediately was probably one of the most important parts of the early war for Ukraine as far as esprit de corps

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I'm sure that didn't hurt, yeah. I'm going to argue Russian barbarism did the heavy lifting though.

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Given the kind of leadership we've had in america lately I can't really begrudge any US goons who are looking at Zelenski with more than a little bit of jealousy

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Ayn Marx posted:

Yeah, I think its important to remember that Ukraine are very, very good at optics, apart from the occasional Star Wars or Harry Potter analogy.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

burning swine posted:

Given the kind of leadership we've had in america lately I can't really begrudge any US goons who are looking at Zelenski with more than a little bit of jealousy

Admiration and respect for Zelenskyy from this US goon

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Sure he's not personally storming the trenches, but I think that if he ran in the opening days (like a certain other former president), there's a much higher likelihood that he'd be replaced by some russian stooge again and defenses would've folded. Like why would you fight if your leadership flees at the first sight of danger?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Ayn Marx posted:

It’d most likely be a partisan kind of guerilla warfare though, he did an excellent job as a salesman early on and without that they most likely wouldn’t have had a year of weapon import-a-rama aiding them.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Ayn Marx posted:

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a little odd when it comes to deciding who to admire.

As a kid, I didn't follow sports or have any sport heroes; for me, I admired Nikola Tesla for not only his pioneering work in the world of electrical physics, but also for his humble and generous nature.

Zelenskyy has that same kind of spirit, but as others have mentioned, he's also doing it to save an entire Nation inthe face of Russian adversity.

He's a modern day historical hero, and we're watching his footnotes in history play out in real time

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
I genuinely think he's done really well, but just temper that respect with remembering Ukraine does propaganda too.

That isn't a statement of disdain, it's just an acknowledgement that its part of war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1677671607613923328