Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love playing around with the various effects/fusions/item builds etc in this game but videos like the above are a frequent reminder that I haven't even scratched the surface of the cool and crazy poo poo you can do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Anyone come across a list of must see/do things? Googling something like that usually results in recommendations like get the Glide suit, but I'm mainly interested in hearing about the best side quests or activities.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

KingKapalone posted:

Anyone come across a list of must see/do things? Googling something like that usually results in recommendations like get the Glide suit, but I'm mainly interested in hearing about the best side quests or activities.

the best sidequest is killingdestroying ganondorf

vvv poo poo

Ardryn fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jul 8, 2023

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
*destroying

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

KingKapalone posted:

My favourite minigame is down underneath Tabantha bridge in Tanagar Canyon, where you need to make a car to carry a ball as far as possible. It reminds me of those jr high science class projects

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Zutaten posted:

My favourite minigame is down underneath Tabantha bridge in Tanagar Canyon, where you need to make a car to carry a ball as far as possible. It reminds me of those jr high science class projects

apparently if you vandalize those zonai fan elevators the safety railings are absurdly strong and lightweight, and despite being slotted to let air flow through they also act as sails for fans, so you can stack ten of them and break the sound barrier

so we now know even with a supersonic jet you can't escape past 1300 meters

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Asimo posted:

Yes, as noted, but you're probably going to need some insane flying contraption to actually reach it.

Well no, you just need to do the Deku Tree memory to lower her. Nothing to do with the glyphs.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

MokBa posted:

Well no, you just need to do the Deku Tree memory to lower her. Nothing to do with the glyphs.

I'm guessing either works, I finished all the geoglyphs and got the master sword before going to the lost woods and the deku tree just goes "ah I see you found the master sword, well, good job little guy".

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Wow, this tutorial with Robbie in his lab loving sucks.

Fish Appreciator
Nov 25, 2021

Inspector Gesicht posted:

First and only thing I googled. You gotta walk SLOWLY around the lab.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Fish Appreciator posted:

First and only thing I googled. You gotta walk SLOWLY around the lab.

Yeah I have no clue how that got past testing. I also had to Google it.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I found the shrine before talking to Robbie so I didn't have to do anything :smug:

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The Sneakstrike shrine is incredibly condescending trying to beat over and over when your thirty hours in already. The robot can instantly swivel his head 270 degrees. What the gently caress an I supposed to be learning here?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blaziken386 posted:

he doesnt even look incredulous, he looks eager?? what the gently caress. this, more than anything else, proves that botw-era link is a loving cryptid. no wonder his swings shatter swords, his teeth and bones are the hardest materials known to man

Link is a genetic freak and he's not normal!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The Sneakstrike shrine is incredibly condescending trying to beat over and over when your thirty hours in already. The robot can instantly swivel his head 270 degrees. What the gently caress an I supposed to be learning here?

How terrible the stealth system is, and how nice it would be to have a brokenly OP item that lets you not engage with it

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Speaking of minigames, does anyone know how the golf course works at the north end of Jeddo Bridge? I tried shooting an arrow through a couple rings, but to no effect.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
The music at Hyrule Castle is so loving good but it also keeps me neurotic because I can’t help but expect it to be a boss fight that’s just waiting around the corner.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'll be honest. I thought the hyrule castle section (regional phenomena 4.5) was the weakest part of the game (the many ganons fight was good though). Just some odd running back and forth in an area that wasnt very scary by that point in the game. If the whole area was gloomed and couldnt be freely stopped and restarted it would have been a bit more fun.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

KingKapalone posted:

I discovered like 100 hours in that every stable has a picture frame and wants Link to show them some photo so they can display local color. Selfies count.
I
There is a cave behind a waterfall near the Dueling Peaks stable/great fairy that is really entertaining. You have to cobble together a death wagon to go deeper into the cave and I had a lot of fun with it.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

So, I'm trying to upgrade the fire armor, and am running into an issue where I cannot for the life of me find moblin horns

Like, I've looked up "TotK moblin location" and all these articles are pointing me to places mostly in Hyrule Field which contain a bunch of basic bokoblins and either one blue moblin or one black bokoblin, which is fine, I like those horns too, but I can't upgrade the fire armor with them.

Am I level-scaled past basic moblins ever appearing anywhere, and if so, how do I upgrade this drat armor?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

KingKapalone posted:

All of them. Get exploring.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
i think if you go to the field at night you'll be able to get stal-moblins and they always have horns

haven't actually tested it but i think it works

oops wrong got my monsters mixed up

dodgeblan fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 8, 2023

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

What is the tutorial? I don’t remember having to do much.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Electric Phantasm posted:

Link is a genetic freak and he's not normal!

The bokoblim knows he doesn't have a chance to beat link, so he's not even going to try.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

loquacius posted:

So, I'm trying to upgrade the fire armor, and am running into an issue where I cannot for the life of me find moblin horns

Like, I've looked up "TotK moblin location" and all these articles are pointing me to places mostly in Hyrule Field which contain a bunch of basic bokoblins and either one blue moblin or one black bokoblin, which is fine, I like those horns too, but I can't upgrade the fire armor with them.

Am I level-scaled past basic moblins ever appearing anywhere, and if so, how do I upgrade this drat armor?

The Scorching Colosseum in the Depths near the Fire Temple has Moblins of all stripes.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Murdstone posted:

What is the tutorial? I don’t remember having to do much.

You gotta use the shrine finder to find a shrine. What's annoying you can't leave the lab until you pick up a signal and Robbie gives you the go ahead to search outside. But it's also kinda janky because even though I was picking up the trail that wasn't good enough for Robbie.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Finale spoilers

Edit: ahh poo poo tweets don’t work with spoiler tags

If you want a good laugh check out @yukino_san_14 tweets from today

https://twitter.com/yukino_san_14

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jul 8, 2023

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Steve Yun posted:

Finale spoilers

:laffo:

Worth the click through

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Steve Yun posted:

Finale spoilers

Legend of Zelda: Four Fence Adventure

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I can’t see it because Twitter is a broken site

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Augus posted:

I can’t see it because Twitter is a broken site

Basically Ganondorf is trapped by a cage made of 4 waist high fences allowing Link to do whatever he wants while all he can do is stare menacingly.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
More cool ideas

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7253448336555019566

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Here's a breakdown on the stupidly-good elevator railings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C3g-nEo300

I think it's really funny that players are now trying to break the game by literally breaking the built-in machines

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Aww, this map isnt going to get any less cluttered, is it?

It'd make sense to remove things like the Dragon Tears after completing that subplot.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I’m going cross eyed from looking for the five caves that don’t have checkmarks on my map

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I'm planning to exploit the +20 bubblfrog glitch when I get a chance so I don't have to do all the caves

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I will simply not collect all the bubbulfrogs.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Mymla posted:

I will simply not collect all the bubbulfrogs.

And leave a glorious dream unfulfilled? You monster.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Electric Phantasm posted:

You gotta use the shrine finder to find a shrine. What's annoying you can't leave the lab until you pick up a signal and Robbie gives you the go ahead to search outside. But it's also kinda janky because even though I was picking up the trail that wasn't good enough for Robbie.
I must’ve found it before I got there. I had also uncovered enough of the map by the time I got there to get the travel thing.

Edit: I don’t know if that needs spoiling but better safe than sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Steve Yun posted:

I’m going cross eyed from looking for the five caves that don’t have checkmarks on my map

I've got 4 left to find.

Aaargh.