Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
It's on the northern coast below that weird blue cave that was part of a side quest but never turns off, just to the east of the Sunken Ruins that gives Ancestral Force for barbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
i wish that the unidentified items on the ground all had the same name before picked up. ‘hat’ instead of ‘heavy hood’ or whatever

i mean i’d rather have the items name mean something. having an archon plate drop could mean something big, but here, having a bunch of names for dagger or whatever makes it harder to ignore the stuff i don’t want

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

harrygomm posted:

i wish that the unidentified items on the ground all had the same name before picked up. ‘hat’ instead of ‘heavy hood’ or whatever

i mean i’d rather have the items name mean something. having an archon plate drop could mean something big, but here, having a bunch of names for dagger or whatever makes it harder to ignore the stuff i don’t want

Would require actual unique items. The bases only determine the static rolls on the item type. Gear feels bad right now..

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
i'm not watching this but this is correct:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

The problem with doing Helltide as their first season feature is that, other than the fact its absence would make the current endgame look incredibly anemic, it would just be a copy of what they did for Diablo 2: Resurrected's seasonal content: Terror Zones.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
idk if it was confirmed anywhere or anything but i kinda assumed d2r team copped the idea from d4 team

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
when a whispers says ‘complete an event in this zone’ and you do one of the other events in that zone but not the one explicitly marked as the whisper and you don’t get whispers credit

that’s dumb

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Herstory Begins Now posted:

i'm not watching this but this is correct:

No, it isn't. Helltide already is nothing.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

Ravus Ursus posted:

Yeah the achievements beyond killing certain bosses aren't the best marker for progression. But they do seem like a decent indicator of post game progress.

The level 100 achievement is sub 1% for what it's worth.

But there's some wierd stuff that shows people aren't really experimenting. All of the class specific achievements have a lower completion rate that finishing the campaign. And it's stuff like "summon 100 skeletons/mages" and "kill 100 enemies while berserk" it's stuff that implies people are building the character once, and never really changing things up.

I'm curious how many people are putting points into skills and never realizing they aren't appearing on the bar.

And before you assume that's unlikely, elective mode in D3, where you could use more than one skill from the same group, was an unknown for a LOT of people. But D3 is fairly different.

I do wish the game didn't limi you to 6 buttons. Getting extra skills from items would be fun as hell, or even having more options especially for the one point wonder skills would be nice.

All this rings very true for me. I knew I wanted to play minions with Necro. Not because I'd read anything but it just appeals to me. I did reroll my skill sheet at one point to experiment with bone prison instead of decrepify and to drop my ultimate so I could run golem and skeletons at the same time.

I feel punished with how I had to choose but maybe it's a balance thing or maybe it's a user experience thing for controller players like me. I'm definitely not running anything outside of my 6 spells because swapping a different spell to the correct slot seems like a big pain in the rear end.

My guess is people will unlock more of these achievements and experiment more now that it's clear your seasonal characters are throw aways

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

chami posted:

I’m using Dirty Dancer and I’m sticking to it.

Nobody puts barby in a corner

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

harrygomm posted:

when a whispers says ‘complete an event in this zone’ and you do one of the other events in that zone but not the one explicitly marked as the whisper and you don’t get whispers credit

that’s dumb

I think the trick is that you have to complete events at different locations. You can't do all three at the same spot waiting for the event (even if it's a different type) to respawn.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

I like the Elemental Catastrophe title because it's a reward for using more than one element.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I've come to the conclusion that all the barb ultimates are just rear end and I won't be selecting one until they're at least on par with one of the shouts

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I stole a walking arsenal build someone posted a while back and Iron Maelstrom is a giant aoe deletes whole rooms. My favorite ult of barb’s so far.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Jaytan posted:

You’ll get a lot more of the materials than you need as you progress. If you don’t have a comfortable stash of materials salvage away, but gold and forgotten souls (from helltides) eventually become the only bottlenecks.

Edit: I’ve clearly played too much of the game, but I’m pretty sure I spend less than 30 seconds sorting whether a full inventory of items has anything worthwhile. Are yall in T4 and unsure about what you’re looking for on gear?

Here’s the checklist: sort inventory (this groups item of the same type together and puts the highest power level first)
-helm: no cdr? Trash
-chest: less than 3 defensive affixes? Trash
-gloves: no crit chance or +core skill? Trash
-pants: less than 3 defensive affixes? Trash
-boots: no move speed? Trash
-rings: missing more than 1 of vuln damage, crit damage, crit chance? Trash
-amulet: missing move speed and cdr? Trash
-weapons: lower than power level 780 or missing both crit damage and vuln damage? Trash

This filters more than 95% of items in basically no time. Most of this applies to every character. You still have to pick up loot because you will be strapped for gold. Filters would be nice, but it isn’t something I’m spending a ton of time on at this point.

There are some classes that don't need CDR that badly but this is a pretty good guide. I generally want HP on everything that can roll HP also.

Although this is where you spend all the money. If you find a weapon that is awesome but missing vuln or boots with no speed or whatever you can quickly get into the millions per roll because there are a stupid amount of affixes to try to get the one you want.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
I'm surprised goons haven't used the Wily prefix and haven't mentally renamed it to Willy

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
What's a good leveling build for a barb? I've been trying a HOTA build but I don't love the fury management at least in the 20s. It just seems clunkier / slower than my rogue did at this level. Do I just need more levels?

*edit* This is on hardcore so I don't have access to all my money / gear / aspects from my regular characters, which is not helping me any.

Substandard fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jul 8, 2023

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

SettingSun posted:

I stole a walking arsenal build someone posted a while back and Iron Maelstrom is a giant aoe deletes whole rooms. My favorite ult of barb’s so far.

don't get me wrong, I know that maelstrom does work, but my evaluation from it is that it's something u get to use like 5-8 times in a dungeon if you're walking around vs taking steel grasp which if your core skill is strong enough, gives you a similar effect, but on nearly every screen. it also provides on-demand vuln and berserk, along with having the ability to reposition enemies out of death circles.

I have a walking around build brewing up around death blow but want to clear lilleth before moving on from my current build, especially when there's a good chance it'll just be hot trash lol

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
What would be an ideal version of loot 2.0 in D4?

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

unattended spaghetti posted:

Yellows that you can ignore and auto sell / salvage at max levels and legendary items that are not just yellows with an aspect. Maybe a 5th affix or something on them.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

Substandard posted:

Yellows that you can ignore and auto sell / salvage at max levels and legendary items that are not just yellows with an aspect. Maybe a 5th affix or something on them.

It is weird that I quite often prefer getting rares to legendaries because they are cheaper to upgrade and reroll. Most of the time the aspect on legendary items sucks so I'm changing it anyway.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Substandard posted:

What's a good leveling build for a barb? I've been trying a HOTA build but I don't love the fury management at least in the 20s. It just seems clunkier / slower than my rogue did at this level. Do I just need more levels?

*edit* This is on hardcore so I don't have access to all my money / gear / aspects from my regular characters, which is not helping me any.

Barb fury management is just painful in the early game. Even with the HOTA AOE aspect you get from Scosglen, you just have to get used to unloading all your damage in a burst window and running around generating fury otherwise. Deathblow with the +fury upgrade helps.

Clever Moniker
Oct 29, 2007

OctaMurk posted:

This post and an earlier post explaining how to max damage are the best posts of the thread

Could you please link the max damage post?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Tonetta posted:

I've come to the conclusion that all the barb ultimates are just rear end and I won't be selecting one until they're at least on par with one of the shouts

This is how I feel with rogue ults.
Maybe I'll start needing to use them once I start post campaign stuff, but at the moment they feel very bleh to me.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
The ultimates need to just be always on auras like d2 paladins.

Long cooldowns just aren't worth it, and even if it was a "delete boss" button, it would still be a bad game mechanic.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Set items would be nice

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

Substandard posted:

There are some classes that don't need CDR that badly but this is a pretty good guide. I generally want HP on everything that can roll HP also.

Although this is where you spend all the money. If you find a weapon that is awesome but missing vuln or boots with no speed or whatever you can quickly get into the millions per roll because there are a stupid amount of affixes to try to get the one you want.

Life% is a bit crappy because it's always the % of your base life, so it doesn't compound like you'd hope it does from any other buffs. I actually have no idea if this is a change from D2 or D3.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

bus hustler posted:

Life% is a bit crappy because it's always the % of your base life, so it doesn't compound like you'd hope it does from any other buffs. I actually have no idea if this is a change from D2 or D3.

+ XXX Maximum HP is great though and can roll on rings, chest, helm and legs I think?

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Ebola Dog posted:

It is weird that I quite often prefer getting rares to legendaries because they are cheaper to upgrade and reroll. Most of the time the aspect on legendary items sucks so I'm changing it anyway.

I played until like level 75 before realizing that you can replace aspects on legendary gear. I was just finding rares to upgrade all the time until that. Tbh much nicer, and saves gold too.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

loot filter of some kind + more damage buckets (an elemental damage bucket would be very nice) aka more affixes that can scale

that's all the itemization needs

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Sent a in-game message (I think I did at least) for an invite to one of the Goonguilds on the OP Post

I'm still chugging along. Female Druid voice actress is still a little off putting but I am LOVING the Druid class. I'm lvl 17 and just super tickled right now. It is, currently at least, so cheap to respec to try the different abilities and kinda learn as I grow sorta way.
So far, the game is great. I get a lot of the love fans would probably have for this series overall. I know 0 about Diablo lore and I am engaged. I like the story, I LOVE the story voice actors, animations are great. Inventory control seems really easy (I do wish I could pick my own stuff while in dungeons. Break em down for mats I mean) and overall.....yeah. Still really having fun, looking forward to my Druid Chain quest once I conqueror this region.

The ONLY thing that feels a little off to me, and this is strictly based on my knowledge of this "genre" of games come from PoE not Diablo, Loot does not seem plentiful. I find myself going levels without anything dropping to replace all or really ANY of my current gear. Like, just feels odd. I've cleared multiple dungeons and I get to the "boss" and he explodes and sounds like there should be loot and gold and happiness and......I get like. 6 gold. 3 gold. 1 gold. 1 random Blue
And it's like. Oh. Sounded like...maybe more?

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Equestrian Florist because I like the idea of a horse making beautiful bouquets. :horse:

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
My title is usually Withering Florist because I am not good at keeping my plants alive.

Except for my Necromancer, who is a Wicked Witch.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jul 8, 2023

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Clever Moniker posted:

Could you please link the max damage post?

Cant find it, but i did save it as .txt

quote:

Since there's been a ton of discussion on damage, I'd like to make a very short summary of what you should try to get out of your build/items to get the Big NumbersTM:

Max out your main damage skill, which is usually your core spender. If possible get +Skill Ranks in it. WHY: This will increase your baseline damage that gets multiplied by everything else.

High Main Stat. WHY: straight up multiplies your baseline damage by a %.

High Crit + Crit damage. WHY: the highest damage increase of them all as in D3. If you have +500% crit hit damage and 50% crit chance, you do 2.5 times more damage than before.

High Vulnerability bonus and high vulnerability duration. WHY: another thing that every single class in the game will want as much as possible of. Once again, multiplies your damage by the straight % bonus it says.

If your main damage skill of choice has access to a bonus that mentions "[x]" in the text, get it. IE: Furious Hammer of the Ancients (deals 1%[x] additional damage for each point of Fury you had when using it). WHY: because that's a straight up multiplier again.

Every other bonus (IE: damage while Fortified, damage to close enemies, damage to Elites, etc) is lower priority compared to the previous ones unless it's a buttload of it (IE: +100% extra damage to close enemies). WHY: all these % are multiplied between them before being applied, so you start getting diminishing returns very quickly. IE: if you already have +80% damage from this bucket and get an extra +50%, your end result is you get +90% damage instead of +120%.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Tiny Chalupa posted:

The ONLY thing that feels a little off to me, and this is strictly based on my knowledge of this "genre" of games come from PoE not Diablo, Loot does not seem plentiful. I find myself going levels without anything dropping to replace all or really ANY of my current gear. Like, just feels odd. I've cleared multiple dungeons and I get to the "boss" and he explodes and sounds like there should be loot and gold and happiness and......I get like. 6 gold. 3 gold. 1 gold. 1 random Blue
And it's like. Oh. Sounded like...maybe more?

You’re level 17. That’s why.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
My main's name is Landlord and his title is Covetous Thief. What's more evil than the devil if not a Landlord?

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

rally posted:

You’re level 17. That’s why.

So, while I understand that my level ABSOLUTELY does (and should) play a part in that loot pinata.....I am looking at this as someone who is either new to the genre or coming from PoE(Like, I am to this game series and also that I paid for this game vs PoE that was free) PoE got around this by at least throwing some more white items at you early on.
Little things like that makes the rabbit part of your brain go "Yay clicks good" so it's a little odd that there isn't a little more of that. The sounds and animations are all there. But just an extra item or 2 tossed at you early on would make it FEEL more....epic? Dramatic? Hard fought? I don't know....something?

I'm not saying, oh PoE is better than Diablo 4. I am very much enjoying the game but just pointing out how it feels.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I don't know where else to ask this so I'm asking here since it only happens in d4 and I've never noticed it do this at any time ever before watching anything or playing anything, ever.

I have an LG C1 TV.
My energy saving settings have been off since I bought the TV and I have recently re-confirmed this.

I got up this morning and logged in. I started running a nightmare dungeon. I could see fine. The sun does not enter my apartment until 3pm and my blinds are 3/4 closed.

Near the end of the dungeon maybe ten minutes later, the brightness had notably decreased, however as soon as I complete the dungeon and the altar bubble pops up, BAM, brightness immediately restored to normal/good.

This is easily replicable with running any dungeon at any time. It's like at least a 100% increase in brightness as soon as that bubble pops.

I have spent well over a half hour poring through the TV settings and I am 98% convinced this is a Diablo issue due to how replicable it is and I think it's the stupidest thing I've ever experienced in a video game.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Can certainly stats only roll in certain slots? Can cdr on helms roll in any of the four slots or is it only found on slot 3 or something?

Edit: oh yeah I've been playing since early access launch only just yesterday figured out the leave dungeon emote isn't an emote but let's you leave the dungeon instead if backtracking

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jul 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Jelly posted:

I don't know where else to ask this so I'm asking here since it only happens in d4 and I've never noticed it do this at any time ever before watching anything or playing anything, ever.

I have an LG C1 TV.
My energy saving settings have been off since I bought the TV and I have recently re-confirmed this.

I got up this morning and logged in. I started running a nightmare dungeon. I could see fine. The sun does not enter my apartment until 3pm and my blinds are 3/4 closed.

Near the end of the dungeon maybe ten minutes later, the brightness had notably decreased, however as soon as I complete the dungeon and the altar bubble pops up, BAM, brightness immediately restored to normal/good.

This is easily replicable with running any dungeon at any time. It's like at least a 100% increase in brightness as soon as that bubble pops.

I have spent well over a half hour poring through the TV settings and I am 98% convinced this is a Diablo issue due to how replicable it is and I think it's the stupidest thing I've ever experienced in a video game.

OLED TVs have ABL functions you can’t disable. Diablo is probably just much darker across the image than most games. The altar is really bright and fills the screen when it pops up.

This kind of stuff is why I gave up on using my C7P as an HTPC. Webpages would make the brightness go back and forth as I scrolled between images and text.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jul 8, 2023