Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince

kuskus posted:

you’re given a $100 shopping spree at a gas station.
what’s your order? you can’t say gas.

for me it would be a lot of the unique stuff behind the counter that I’ve never tried before and probably won’t ever try again.

2 packets of beef jerky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
I hope you're all having a chill friday and get to do something you enjoy this evening~~ 💖

xcheopis

Gaylor Moon posted:

I hope you're all having a chill friday and get to do something you enjoy this evening~~ 💖

Cat Town kittens make this sound
rrrrrrrr rrrrrrrr
Cat Town kittens make this sound, whenever they're awake

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

B33rChiller

xcheopis posted:

rrrrrrrr rrrrrrrr

looks like there was some "floomp" involved there too.
Poor little fuzzy critter. Looks rough. can't even get up. needs snuggles and scritches and maybe some treats.

Did someone say "treats"?

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
xcheopis

Her siblings were involved in a running battle from which they would not be deterred, so she's been getting all the skritches and pets from everyone. :3:

Ass-penny

xcheopis posted:

rrrrrrrr rrrrrrrr

this is a powerful feline :angel:

sb hermit

rear end-penny posted:

this is a powerful feline :angel:

Ass-penny

hey, a lot of you seem to know about food stuff. I left a jar of whole grain mustard out on the counter when I went to work. is it still good? the first listed ingredient is vinegar so it should be pretty shelf stable even tho it's open and room temperature?

xcheopis

rear end-penny posted:

hey, a lot of you seem to know about food stuff. I left a jar of whole grain mustard out on the counter when I went to work. is it still good? the first listed ingredient is vinegar so it should be pretty shelf stable even tho it's open and room temperature?

was the lid off?
If the lid wasn't off, then it's fine. And probably even if it was, since it was less than a day.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Robot Made of Meat posted:

I've seen some 1950s educational short subjects where they (correctly) say that a person "looks well,"
In the American 1950s, are you sure they weren't saying someone looks *swell*?

Ass-penny

xcheopis posted:

was the lid off?
If the lid wasn't off, then it's fine. And probably even if it was, since it was less than a day.

the lid was in place!

more falafel please

forums poster

yeah if it's got a lot of horseradish or something in it I might be wary but otherwise it's mostly vinegar and salt which are preservatives. if you leave it out permanently it will probably lose flavor quicker but it should still be safe.

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Manifisto

kuskus posted:

for me it would be a lot of the unique stuff behind the counter that I’ve never tried before and probably won’t ever try again.

it depends on how fancy a gas station

is it one with a lil mini mart?

I will get takis, if they have them, and probably some form of seltzer. coffee in some form if it's in the am.
if nachos are an option, I will certainly get them, extra pickled jalaps for me pls
these kinds of places sometimes sell local specialties right up by the cash register, I would probably pick up some of whatever that is, some for me and some for gifts
I might pick up a scratcher or 2
the durable goods selection is gonna be kind of hit or miss huh. if I'm somewhere new to me maybe a nice road map, they're fun to look at in a different way from cell phone screens.

xcheopis posted:

rrrrrrrr rrrrrrrr

:kimchi:

ty nesamdoom!

sb hermit

kuskus posted:

$100 is a lot to spend but I think a 12-pack of some decent brews, 2 bottles of wine, a couple frozen burritos and some beef jerkey would be nice.

It feels weird to buy and wear touristy stuff in the city where you live but maybe I can squeeze a shirt or sweater in there too. Anything machine washable, because it's going right in the machine when I get home.

sb hermit

If I had to spend $20 no matter what, I'd definitely get jerky. I haven't had it in awhile but I can't justify the cost.

B33rChiller

I'd probably get a hundred bux worth of cigarettes, then sell them at a slight discount from retail to get that cash.

Dr. Honked posted:

Escape From Noise

Walking to a craft beer place for an anniversary thing and it's like half an hour's walk. I'm loving dying in this heat.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

kuskus

sb hermit posted:

It feels weird to buy and wear touristy stuff in the city where you live but maybe I can squeeze a shirt or sweater in there too. Anything machine washable, because it's going right in the machine when I get home.

what’s a place you’ve seen apparel for sale that has the highest likelihood to be fully saturated by the surrounding environment? there’s a locally owned grocery and burger grill that sells a stack of shirts with the store logo… and those shirts are directly downwind from a fryer and onions grilling all day long. I do love onions.

Billa

The Emperor protects.

Catt butté.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i put a reminder on my phone's home screen every day, and today's is "it's safe for me to have fun and relax" and i thought i'd share that one so that it applies to all byobs today

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
Look At That Cats Huge Balls

Love Stole the Day
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

I'm bidoof

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i identify as snorlax or psyduck depending on what the current vibe is

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
Sometimes "doing" isn't a transitive verb, for example, "how are you doing?"

Why are so many small-talk phrases nonsense? (Also "how's it going?" which has an unexplained "it" *and* a usually transitive verb with no target, except in the context of asking about the mechanics behind the functioning of a magic vehicle.)

Ass-penny

Dr. Honked posted:

Look At That Cats Huge Balls

forum mouse over text imo

sb hermit

kuskus posted:

what’s a place you’ve seen apparel for sale that has the highest likelihood to be fully saturated by the surrounding environment? there’s a locally owned grocery and burger grill that sells a stack of shirts with the store logo… and those shirts are directly downwind from a fryer and onions grilling all day long. I do love onions.

I know that in-n-out sells apparel in their stores (at least I think they still do) but I doubt there would be any other types of stores or gift shops that would have the same quality. The smell of the desert in a California Mission gift shop? The smell of ocean salt or low tide at a stand by the beach? The smell of old books in a library?

Maybe an honorable mention would go to the smell of perfume or other odorant on apparel in a used clothes shop. Something strong enough that set into the clothing and could never be washed out, or something (like leather) that is never washed in the first place and can only be spot cleaned.

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er

xcheopis posted:

rrrrrrrr rrrrrrrr

Ohhh what a loving cutie!! Tell them I say hello!!

Here is my wonderful lil Sabrina!!

For the longest time; I was one oh those oh cats are snooty until I lived at a place that just... had like 4 cats come and go as they pleased between all the different apartments but mostly stayed with us :sweatdrop: Cats aren't snooty, you just gotta watch their body language, respect their space and don't be all up in their biz when they aren't feeling it!

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Gaylor Moon posted:

For the longest time; I was one oh those oh cats are snooty until I lived at a place that just... had like 4 cats come and go as they pleased between all the different apartments but mostly stayed with us :sweatdrop: Cats aren't snooty, you just gotta watch their body language, respect their space and don't be all up in their space when they aren't feeling it!

xcheopis

rear end-penny posted:

forum mouse over text imo

xcheopis

Gaylor Moon posted:

For the longest time; I was one oh those oh cats are snooty until I lived at a place that just... had like 4 cats come and go as they pleased between all the different apartments but mostly stayed with us :sweatdrop: Cats aren't snooty, you just gotta watch their body language, respect their space and don't be all up in their biz when they aren't feeling it!
Sabrina! :3:

She was super duper loving and so was this gorgeous calico (Cinnamon) who wanted to be petted by everyone and also play and also tussle with her bestest buddy Cardamon (who was a bit shy but a good little guy nonetheless).

Ass-penny

Gaylor Moon posted:

omg please tell Sabrina that I love them :3:

sb hermit

:swoon:

B33rChiller

Gaylor Moon posted:

Congrats, you just made a middle aged man squeal giggles to rival his 6yo daughter's.
That photo is amazing

Heheheheheheheheeeeeeee!

Dr. Honked posted:

Ass-penny

Wumby right now

xcheopis

rear end-penny posted:

Wumby right now

eeeeeeheehee!
I've said it before and I'll say it yet again: I am so happy you were able to adopt the little fuzz-face baby girl! :)

sb hermit

rear end-penny posted:

Wumby right now

:henget: but cat

I dunno what :henget: really means beyond obviously catching a hen with a net but hopefully the friendly vibe fits

hark

I'm sleep

xcheopis posted:

it's why I focus on cbd edibles (and sometimes tincture) with maaayyyybe 1mg or, if I'm feeling safe enough, 2mg of thc.

2mg is my sweet spot for not freaking out but still getting a bit high.

Ass-penny

xcheopis posted:

eeeeeeheehee!
I've said it before and I'll say it yet again: I am so happy you were able to adopt the little fuzz-face baby girl! :)

I am too. she is so sweet, I'm very privileged to have her :)

xcheopis

hark posted:

2mg is my sweet spot for not freaking out but still getting a bit high.

Same here. There are some thc mints that are 2.5 and I've taken those when I'm already feeling pretty great and also about to fall asleep regardless but that was so rare that I gave them away and now just stick to 2.

rear end-penny posted:

I am too. she is so sweet, I'm very privileged to have her :)

Dang right, you are! :cabot: :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoomCroissant

Roll D3 for Delicious Flaky Crust
i lurked for five minutes but i follow THE LAW