Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Hunter’s a real mean son of a bitch about this stuff too. His poor (illegitimate) daughter :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

"The Democratic Party, for decades the progressive bastion of the United States, is emerging today as the party of the status quo," David A. Graham writes:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/07/conservative-democrats-supreme-court-status-quo/674643/

is it blissful to be this stupid

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lol what a piece of poo poo

Sleepy Joe is also a real rear end in a top hat for not even mentioning his granddaughter's existence.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

spacemang_spliff posted:

Sleepy Joe is also a real rear end in a top hat for not even mentioning his granddaughter's existence.

he's a kind and empathetic man

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Defending the way things are now is also probably safer for the party than pursuing new ideas. Progressives have long complained that the population supports more liberal policies but can’t get them, but that may no longer be so true. A Democratic wish list at this moment would start with immigration reform and higher taxes on the wealthy, but although both poll well, neither seems within reach. 

ho hum nothing to be done

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Defending the way things are now is also probably safer for the party than pursuing new ideas. Progressives have long complained that the population supports more liberal policies but can’t get them, but that may no longer be so true. A Democratic wish list at this moment would start with immigration reform and higher taxes on the wealthy, but although both poll well, neither seems within reach. 

Democracy's a joke

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

What is within reach, then. Amazing how these people are so convinced that history ended in the 90s that they never have to pursue a single other reform ever again.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

they came to a settlement & it's weird: the 4 yr old will choose some of his paintings in lieu of higher cash support. In exchange, she won't have her legal last name changed to "biden"

seriously, that's the settlement.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

also lmao that the kid's first name is "Navy," like the branch of service her dad got kicked out of for doing drugs.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

loquacius posted:

Democracy's a joke

That's what the wacky morning DJ said, anyway.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Willa Rogers posted:

they came to a settlement & it's weird: the 4 yr old will choose some of his paintings in lieu of higher cash support. In exchange, she won't have her legal last name changed to "biden"

what the absolute gently caress

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

Democracy's a joke
Not that the ducklos or lanyards care, but this poo poo is so frustrating. Most people do support this stuff, but the Democrats don't engage people on emotional or interpersonal levels... or do anything while in office, so people don't participate because the hopelessness is rational.

Meanwhile the sheer amount of systemic issues that plague voting makes it an exercise in futility. Normie libs will always (rightfully) point to the Electoral College as bullshit, but it truly is the least of the issues.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

these people are loving freaks

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

lol the article ends with this

quote:

In 2021, two out of five American babies were not born to married parents, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

something about this phrase tickled me pink

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

I don’t understand. The paintings are only valuable as a mechanism to launder bribe money, so if the four year old owns them then they’re essentially worthless

Nichael posted:

these people are loving freaks

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

lol the article ends with this

something about this phrase tickled me pink

My parents were unmarried when I was born which was a lot less common back then and my father’s parents forbid him to give me the family last name lol

People are assholes to babies for dumb reasons and it’s just sad

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Ytlaya posted:

What do they call American BBQ then? Just American-style BBQ or something?

literal trash on the ground for a filthy american pigdog to shuffle into themselves

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Definitely rules that the Bidens are every bit as big of assholes as the Trumps. They're not even necessarily less crass than their counterparts either, they just know when to fake empathy for longer than Don and co.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

there has been a request to not post syqs from d&d which has happened at least once in recent days so please do not do this. there is plenty of succ on the wider internet. that is my request to you all. thank you.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
demonratic party

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

lobster shirt posted:

there has been a request to not post syqs from d&d which has happened at least once in recent days so please do not do this. there is plenty of succ on the wider internet. that is my request to you all. thank you.

syq

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

lobster shirt posted:

can you go back and tell them I request they suck the poo poo right out of my rear end in a top hat

thanks and god bless

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

Lmao those salty babies crying about being laughed at for the things they intentionally said

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
have they considered not posting succ?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

lobster shirt posted:

post the PM

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

I'm glad we're nipping this in the bud now before one of our IKs or mods creates a spreadsheet detailing all their posting enemies and then autobans in YOSPOS once that's revealed. Wait.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lobster shirt posted:

gently caress off

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I do recall no less of a D&D authority than Koos Group saying that source-your-quotes were fine in FYAD-lites like CSPAM, so I'm curious to see what extremely mad poster has decided to buck that trend, especially since the catpetting days of endless SYQs is over.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

This thread did not need to be revived from its peaceful slumber, and especially not for a worthless slapfight. Closing.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

Tell deend to eat an entire pig runoff pit.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It is kind of quaint to imagine that in my IK halcyon days SYQs were the biggest issue in C-SPAM

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Hunter go on The Adam Friedland Show

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

spacemang_spliff posted:

In the end she's lucky, that kid is unlikely to be molested by Joe or any of the other Biden's

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I don’t understand. The paintings are only valuable as a mechanism to launder bribe money, so if the four year old owns them then they’re essentially worthless

Yeah. Can someone explain the manoeuvring there?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

I'm cool with this since there's plenty of offsite succ these days but maybe change the parenthetical part of this rule then:

quote:

10. Do not directly link quotes from any other forums in CSPAM (i.e. unsourced/unlinked & unattributed quotes are fine). Do not post in other forums and then come back to CSPAM to giggle about owned libs or your imminent probation. What you post elsewhere on SA is your business, and when you post there you are subject to their rules and moderation.

(bolding in original)

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

lobster shirt posted:

libster poo poo

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

How will that poor little girl ever choose from among the master's pieces? :sweatdrop:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I've seen worse hotel art.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Probably Magic posted:

I've seen worse hotel art.

Cillizza: The New York Times last year described Biden’s paintings as “leaning toward the surreal.” Is that how you would describe them? Why or why not?

Smee: People sometimes say “surreal” when they mean random.

From what I’ve seen, Biden’s work is less surreal than decorative. Decorative is OK: Matisse was decorative. But Matisse was not random. You can feel the internal logic in every work he made, and from work to work throughout his career. In Biden’s case, I’m not feeling that at all.

Cillizza: In an interview earlier this year with Artnet, Hunter Biden said he paints “to bring forth, what is, I think, the universal truth.” What do you make of his work, seen through that light?

Smee: Not trying to be unkind (no one is interested in my idea of universal truth either, as far as I know) but I’m not sure how interested I am at the moment in Hunter Biden’s idea of universal truth.

I mean, give me a break. What is he? A Bodhisattva? A guru? He may have figured out some stuff for himself, and that’s great. But if I’m searching for universal truths, there are other people I’ll go to first.

Cillizza: Finish this sentence: Hunter Biden’s work resembles the work of ____________.” Now, explain.

Smee: “… a cafe painter.”
By which I mean, you see a certain kind of art in coffee shops, and some of it is OK and a lot of it is bad, and sometimes it’s surprisingly good. But you wouldn’t, unless you were related to the artist, spend more than $1,000 on it.