Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i dont do a lot of baking but does sour cream normally go in cupcakes and frosting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

👏

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

lobster shirt posted:

i dont do a lot of baking but does sour cream normally go in cupcakes and frosting?

According to food-science blog Food Crumbles, sour cream can help thicken a cake and make it moister. And, since sour cream contains fat, your cake will also be richer. Per baking blog Liv for Cake, you may want to start by adding about 1 cup of sour cream.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

lobster shirt posted:

yeah or like plain greek yogurt

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
sour cream is present in some cupcake recipes ive seen. they don't have that poo poo in turkey

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

hmm interesting. good to know!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i do like sour cream, generally

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Yeah there’s a lot of stuff that calls for milk or cream that people will sub in sour cream to make it richer, I remember 10 or 15 years ago the cream cheese companies were trying to expand into that space and paying people like Paula dean to promote it lol but afaik sour cream is still the preferred milk/cream replacement

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
This is 9/11

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

see the recipes are good because sometimes we can all learn something

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/ToastCrust/status/1677515064683945984

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

hey yo crew they call me the gws criminal 'cause I'm so drat smooth

time for a snack

this bland white liberal pico de gallo's o.k. but only barely. I can't really do anything about the texture. I could make some from scratch, hell, another week or two and I could make some from scratch using mostly things out of my garden, but that's not really all that space age and internet lolz

maybe if I check out what's in it, I can figure out what's wrong with it

yep, even through the exceptionally blurry photo I can immediately see what's wrong. it's not what's in there so much as what isn't

I can fix it and I don't even have to stick my penis in it to do so

nah, too fresh. I'm a communist, not a libertarian

PUNY SPICE BOTTLES TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADER

king of seasoning (salt is actually the queen of seasoning)

k. we can't put the cumin in right away, we gotta warm the pico up a little first

a little bottled lime juice to trigger people with functional tastebuds

a little really cheap nasty old dried oregano

a pinch of granulated garlic

yeah, gettin' there

make the oceans flow red with landlord blood and make your salsas flow brown with cumin

that's how to chip, bitches

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

The Voice of Labor posted:

time for a snack

this bland white liberal pico de gallo's o.k. but only barely. I can't really do anything about the texture. I could make some from scratch, hell, another week or two and I could make some from scratch using mostly things out of my garden, but that's not really all that space age and internet lolz

yep, even through the exceptionally blurry photo I can immediately see what's wrong. it's not what's in there so much as what isn't

k. we can't put the cumin in right away, we gotta warm the pico up a little first

yeah, gettin' there

make the oceans flow red with landlord blood and make your salsas flow brown with cumin

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

time for a snack

yeah, gettin' there

write your username on a bit of paper and take a pic with it

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

cumin doesn't go bad you just have to use more of it hence the economy size bottle

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

I get to prepare a tasty snack and support Venezuela at the same time?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

cumin doesn't go bad you just have to use more of it hence the economy size bottle

spices dont go bad they lose potency OP

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

old-rear end bottle of dried oregano that smells similar to pencil shavings, ftw

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
i got a bottle of asafetida but I'm afraid to open it much less use it. i read it will stink up your spice cabinet and ensmell other spices and herbs.

anyone used hing

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mawarannahr posted:

i got a bottle of asafetida but I'm afraid to open it much less use it. i read it will stink up your spice cabinet and ensmell other spices and herbs.

anyone used hing

i dont think you should listen to the fundie guy who posts in the cooking thread

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

time for a snack

yeah, gettin' there

good post thanks

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i dont think you should listen to the fundie guy who posts in the cooking thread

lmao i didn't know it was a topic there. im having trouble with garlic + onions so I thought I'd try it out as an alternative that some Reddit posts about digestive issues suggested, with these caveats listed.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

mawarannahr posted:

lmao i didn't know it was a topic there. im having trouble with garlic + onions so I thought I'd try it out as an alternative that some Reddit posts about digestive issues suggested, with these caveats.

asafoetida's good and the funk goes away when you cook it. just gotta keep it in something airtight to contain its power

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

aw frig aw dang it posted:

asafoetida's good and the funk goes away when you cook it. just gotta keep it in something airtight to contain its power

yeah i havent had a problem and i use it every now and then, it does smell really bad though if you straight up sniff it

it came in a little plastic bottle that looks like this

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
what would happen if you dropped a glass bottle on the subway

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Bruh.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
lol i had to figure out how to do ignor elists now its so long caus i just ignor eanyone who quotes the long posts cause me computer lags when i see them so now most of the thread is empty it feels like im walking in post nuclera new york alone wiehth me dog and abandonodned buildings to my left and right. recipee apocylpse. now understand Mtually assured Destruction..........Mad.......just like me...........................................................itt

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

thehandtruck posted:

lol i had to figure out how to do ignor elists now its so long caus i just ignor eanyone who quotes the long posts cause me computer lags when i see them so now most of the thread is empty it feels like im walking in post nuclera new york alone wiehth me dog and abandonodned buildings to my left and right. recipee apocylpse. now understand Mtually assured Destruction..........Mad.......just like me...........................................................itt

Everyone do this and then post again. It's easy!

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

thisis my generations krystalsnack im jewis so dont @ me bro...........

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

thehandtruck posted:

thehandtruck posted:

thisis my generations krystalsnack im jewis so dont @ me bro...........

:goofy:

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

AxGrap posted:

Everyone do this and then post again. It's easy!

but what i sleft. what be left of our bejeweled city.........it is baron now...........jerk detected here, jerk detected there............:negativeman: ..........sadness............a desert......full of ghosts who speak so loudly.......

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Ignore is for cowards is a psyop, they are trying to make you mad. Ignore = easy peasy

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the worst part about all of this is i had to learn a name. i managed like 20 years on hthese dead gay forums without learning morethan like 3. i awas so inocent and pure. i never got trouble. never car d about any1. now look atme. a molded shell. u hold me up as an orange and take a bit e and all u get is mold on da inside......look.........look what has been done 2 me......

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

AxGrap posted:

Ignore is for cowards is a psyop, they are trying to make you mad. Ignore = easy peasy

do u know how many clicks it is to get to the ignore list. so many. can u imagine the universe sized differnence in attention needed to scroll through this thread and laugh at u noobs vs using some weidr "feature"....................it big............

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

ifit were up 2 me........i would be a harsh emprorer.........i would banish animietrash to a forum......, a pit, below sea level. he must post recipes until his fingers blooded and keyboard gooped. make hi mregret ever recipieeing....like when dad fin du smoking cigaratete kind of thing

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
it's happening again

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

yes king.......neccesary, yes..., yes.....but we lose our humanity every time we use such desutrictive power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

thehandtruck posted:

yes king.......neccesary, yes..., yes.....but we lose our humanity every time we use such desutrictive power

what drugs are you on right now op