Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

I am bad at explaining poo poo. Sorry.

Other owner/operators I worked for had their own quirks, which are way simpler and funnier.

One guy, call him Dick, had a super high opinion of himself. Sure, 25 years in the biz means you've done something right. But this dude always had something to say about what you were doing. Always ready with some Chuddy answer.

"Oh, you think that's bad? Listen to this!"

"Man, gently caress those people. Speak English if you like it here so much!"

Etc.

It got so bad that in a 135°F warehouse, we made fun of him every single time he opened his mouth on that poo poo.

"Man. You really went through it! We should call you Super-Dick!"

"Too right, Dick. Why are you always on the ball with this poo poo?"

Years this went on. Every morning, five days a week. Open mockery.

"What's up, Super-Dick!?"

"Yeah man, just putting in work! How you doin'?"

Super-Dick was great to work for. Never left me a mess, always paid extra to fix an actual problem out of regular hours, his equipment was 100% ready to work, always willing and ready to communicate, friendly, respectful, the whole deal.

Still, I'd roll into the warehouse or any of his stops and people would breathe a sigh of relief.

"Man. How long you here for? A week?! That's one less week I have to hear his mouth! Thank you for being here, seriously!"

It was so bad, he had a prison on his route that refused to send prisoners out to help him. I always called ahead to the kitchen and told them I would, and he wouldn't, be there for the next week. Three dudes waiting for me to unload and they'd take all the product from the tail of the trailer to inside for a chance to be outside, all smiles and thank-yous.

Just a bizarre situation. The guy did everything to spec, but his customers hated him for his personality.

Don't be a dick. Help out a bit. Keep your mouth shut.

Always worked for me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

madeintaipei posted:

Don't be a dick.

Commandment Zero: Don't be a dick about it.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

selling big rock for cave

big rock have vines for small rock

big rock have vines tied up all wrong

cow-orker say 'no problem if vines wrong, we no sell them small rock now'

but me need vines and small rock to see if big rock work!

and big problem, cow-orkers give me small rocks, and some small rocks they give me do not work

now I tie vines and small rocks to big rock over and over until big rock work

cow-orkers suck

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

mllaneza posted:

Commandment Zero: Don't be a dick about it.

Right! Kind and respectful, like I'd expect if I was them.

There's a limit though.

Incompetence is unacceptable in a professional atmosphere. If the person I'm facing is undertrained, we can work with that. That ain't their fault, it's management's. If they're badly trained, we can work with that, too. I'll work with them, outlining what needed to be done elsewhere in their own organization and counseling them to call a person in their own line of work in another location.

If we've gone through that and they aren't willing? Other measures must be taken. Still kindly and respectfully.

What they're doing isn't wasting my time (but it is), they are wasting everyone's time. At a certain point I can't care if it's because of anything in particular. Let me do my work. This will help you.

Anything past that is wasting my time. In which case, gently caress you. Ways and means.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
You can be an rear end in a top hat, just don't be a dick about it.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Oh, and also the “proper” way to install a transducer is 12 passes on each screw, using 6 different calibrated torque tools from 3 foot-pounds to 35 foot-pounds.

We don’t have that. I have an Allen wrench taken from dayshift because ours got too worn and was stripping the screws.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

TaurusTorus posted:

So gas panel half-assed the transducer cable labels. But the customer didn’t order the transducer option, so what’s it matter that half the cables don’t go where they say?

Well first, even if the customer doesn’t order transducers from us, they could install them later, and the labels need to be correct.

But mainly WE STILL TEST WITH TRANSDUCERS! We just install test ones. So I had to spend 3 hours unfucking the cables. But our half our test transducers just don’t work, so I had the fun experience of trying each transducer and each cable for each possible position.

Space Kablooey posted:

i have no idea what any of this means

Let's see if I got this.

IIRC his company sells containment chambers for making semiconductors or something - which involves unpleasant temperatures and murderous chemicals in a sealed box.
Transducers in this context are probably sensors, and I bet they're expensive and touchy. They're apparently wired into the chambers, probably to some sort of control system?
Some customers opt to buy the chambers without the transducers, either because they don't need them or because they plan to add third party ones later.

Some other group in the company (OK I have no idea about "gas panel") did the wiring for the transducers all wrong, but said it doesn't matter because this chamber was going to a customer that ordered it without them installed. That's obviously not good enough - both because the customer may install them later, and because Taurus' company installs temporary ones to validate the chamber before shipping. Also, the temporary transducers were broken; the combination of broken transducers and wrong wiring added up to a lot of frustration.

y/n?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I'm mainly just hearing this

https://youtu.be/cDsRXhtHW9Q

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

BigBadSteve posted:

It makes perfect sense to me. You don't need to know what a transducer does to understand "fuckup".

Say transducer one more time

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

losing the good CSR cause she's overworked / upset with the bosses

technically I am too but I get decent pay and left alone to do my work and not micromanaged in the slightest so even if I am a little overworked I'm still generally happy (my boss likes that I can be "managed" in this way i.e. he doesn't have to do anything except sometimes consult when something's really hosed up)

the computer toucher vs full customer facing difference

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Outrail posted:

Say transducer one more time

But slower this time...

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

PortobelloPirate posted:

Further proof that small businesses owners are insane.

In this vein, and more in "Dumb poo poo my brother's work does:" My grandfather handed the family business over to my dad and uncle in '93 with an agreement they would pay him a salary over the next ~10 years instead of having to buy him out. My grandfather then proceeded to withdraw 99% of the money from the business' bank accounts, taking 400k and leaving 4k for bills, payroll, new inventory purchases and so on. The only thing that saved them was that the building had been paid for decades earlier (family started the business in 1929 and lore has it the second location was purposefully burned down by my great uncle for insurance money back in the 70's). This is one of those things that we all have decided to pretend didn't happen for the last 30 years to the point I didn't even know this happened until a few years ago.

Now, my dad and uncle are 67 and have been pushing off retirement for a couple years because COVID really changed things and they wanted stability before my brother and cousin took over the business, which has been the plan for a while. My uncle has been pushing my dad to do the same thing my grandfather did and drain the company accounts. My dad has resisted this because he remembers how much it sucked to have to recover from what was essentially bankruptcy. My uncle apparently argues that my brother doesn't have kids and my cousin's kids are grown that they won't have as hard a time scraping by after they pull the money from the store.

Just really insane small business stuff. I texted my brother the contact information for my friend's dad, who is a lawyer, as this was all being explained to me.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Lazyfire posted:

In this vein, and more in "Dumb poo poo my brother's work does:"

Lol peak boomer poo poo.

If a learning experience isn't a massive uphill battle for no reason there is no value!

Just plunder the family business, who gives a gently caress about family.

It's okay because it happened to me.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I was asked in an interview for a tech support role on what was the most recent book and magazine I had read. This was back when magazine's actually existed.

My mind went completely blank and I could not think of an answer so out of context to the preceding tech questions. I eventuality after 5 minutes of trying to think of any book name I stammered out Time Magazine.

I did not get the job. Jokes on them, they got bought out a short while later and the local tech support all fired to offshore.

Jokes on me, because my next job ALSO fired all the tech support and off shored it, but I'd been promoted before then (as everyone else had quit and I was one of the most experienced people left, and they didn't want to pay for someone who actually knew what they were doing) so the job lasted nearly 10 years before they got bought out and fired everyone else.

I'm much happier at my current job.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Lazyfire posted:

In this vein, and more in "Dumb poo poo my brother's work does:" My grandfather handed the family business over to my dad and uncle in '93 with an agreement they would pay him a salary over the next ~10 years instead of having to buy him out.

When this story started I thought it was gonna go the opposite way, and I thought oh no take the buyout! Don’t rely on someone else competently running a business. An uncle who retired as a pilot from a major airline took a lump sum rather than rely on them not trying to screw up the pension, a few years later he’s doing fine and the airline was in the news for trying to do exactly that.

Comstar posted:

I was asked in an interview for a tech support role on what was the most recent book and magazine I had read. This was back when magazine's actually existed.

My mind went completely blank and I could not think of an answer so out of context to the preceding tech questions. I eventuality after 5 minutes of trying to think of any book name I stammered out Time Magazine.

Dang, during interview for terrible corporate job I was asked if I spoke another language, when I said no they immediately asked “why not?” Because you’re paying $15 an hour?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Dang, during interview for terrible corporate job I was asked if I spoke another language, when I said no they immediately asked “why not?”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJfHF312STE

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Lol! Was this based on a message he got? I’m guessing so due to the line about going on Instagram and messaging a musical comedian.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Bored posted:

Lol! Was this based on a message he got? I’m guessing so due to the line about going on Instagram and messaging a musical comedian.

Yeah I guess the video description doesn't embed with youtube but that is precisely what happened

frest
Sep 17, 2004

Well hell. I guess old Tumnus is just a loverman by trade.
staffing is now so bad that emergency jobs need to be hand-delivered & gift-wrapped to the various operating groups, even moreso than usual. by virtue of just being around for a long time, i'm on fairly good terms with most of the construction management and cable/splicing/overhead teams. because i actually care about my job and have deep empathy for the customers we are routinely loving over through inadequate design, i reply-all to a developing event, get like 4 out-of-office notifications from the management for these field groups. my boss is on nights for the duration of the heatwave, she's great but does everything on a 12 hour delay as a result.

in our service territory there are lots of weird archaic designs, with the worst by far being rear-yard overhead wire distribution. in the early 1900s a precursor corporation got permission to run utility lines through backyards, and since it was just telephone and lamp cord size wiring back then this was considered win-win for aesthetics. in the intervening 100 years electric load has become substantially denser, and these properties have become much more developed. So the only route from our feeders is underneath customer driveways, and without fail they build/expand over our conduit, meaning that when the conductor inevitably fails the conduit is crushed or fully obstructed and we have no path to these sprawling rear-yard systems

i cannot sit around and let the delegated guy drown, and i cannot sit around and let people destroy their home HVAC or appliances trying to run their equipment at 98v or whatever. I get CM to dispatch a foreman to the location to verify the dig is even possible, but it has to be dug by hand and there are really cumbersome parking restrictions for this block. This is basically my bread-and-butter bullshit, so knowing now that we CAN do this, I get written and verbal permission from the impacted customer, find a supervisor who can assign and push this work out, and coordinate to do the dig and replacement in ~24 hours (which is a goddamn miracle for this territory and probably my all-time fastest turnaround).

all of this is good right? except no. i have been TOO helpful for someone without actual chain-of-command authority. the field guys start replying directly to me and only CCing my bosses, which pisses them off. so they're now swooping in and re-asserting their authority and removing me from the conversations. the spitefulness of the useless middle manager is something to behold.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

frest posted:

staffing is now so bad that emergency jobs need to be hand-delivered & gift-wrapped to the various operating groups, even moreso than usual. by virtue of just being around for a long time, i'm on fairly good terms with most of the construction management and cable/splicing/overhead teams. because i actually care about my job and have deep empathy for the customers we are routinely loving over through inadequate design, i reply-all to a developing event, get like 4 out-of-office notifications from the management for these field groups. my boss is on nights for the duration of the heatwave, she's great but does everything on a 12 hour delay as a result.

in our service territory there are lots of weird archaic designs, with the worst by far being rear-yard overhead wire distribution. in the early 1900s a precursor corporation got permission to run utility lines through backyards, and since it was just telephone and lamp cord size wiring back then this was considered win-win for aesthetics. in the intervening 100 years electric load has become substantially denser, and these properties have become much more developed. So the only route from our feeders is underneath customer driveways, and without fail they build/expand over our conduit, meaning that when the conductor inevitably fails the conduit is crushed or fully obstructed and we have no path to these sprawling rear-yard systems

i cannot sit around and let the delegated guy drown, and i cannot sit around and let people destroy their home HVAC or appliances trying to run their equipment at 98v or whatever. I get CM to dispatch a foreman to the location to verify the dig is even possible, but it has to be dug by hand and there are really cumbersome parking restrictions for this block. This is basically my bread-and-butter bullshit, so knowing now that we CAN do this, I get written and verbal permission from the impacted customer, find a supervisor who can assign and push this work out, and coordinate to do the dig and replacement in ~24 hours (which is a goddamn miracle for this territory and probably my all-time fastest turnaround).

all of this is good right? except no. i have been TOO helpful for someone without actual chain-of-command authority. the field guys start replying directly to me and only CCing my bosses, which pisses them off. so they're now swooping in and re-asserting their authority and removing me from the conversations. the spitefulness of the useless middle manager is something to behold.

Wow, that sucks.

At my utility, the middle managers would be quietly singing your praise, as you would be helping to save their bonus. No actual reward for you other than maybe an emoji sent your way on a teams call. But for all the faults here, at least management in my company generally knows to get the hell out of the way of people getting poo poo done.

As long as it is getting done within proper rules/regulations (which it sounds like you were doing). Step outside of those, and you are screwed.

frest
Sep 17, 2004

Orvin posted:

Wow, that sucks.

At my utility, the middle managers would be quietly singing your praise, as you would be helping to save their bonus. No actual reward for you other than maybe an emoji sent your way on a teams call. But for all the faults here, at least management in my company generally knows to get the hell out of the way of people getting poo poo done.

As long as it is getting done within proper rules/regulations (which it sounds like you were doing). Step outside of those, and you are screwed.
i am grandfathered into a pension plan that will let me retire at 55 with like a 10k/mo pension, maybe less if i do the variant that gives my wife the full pension if i predecease her. my certificate of appreciation is the paycheck i get. i do not look for praise from these assholes. i just want them to stop actively loving with me. they remove me from email DLs and tell our internal partners to direct communication to them only, so jobs sit in their 1000 unread emails for weeks

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Super healthy, super cheap
One of my coworkers on night shift is insisting that mopping the elevator hallway isn't supposed to be part of our job, it's supposed to be done by housekeeping. Which is funny, because she specifically told me it was part of our job when she trained me last year.

So the elevator hallway is now so filthy that there are tracks through the dirt that's been left, and I'm going to have to mop it after we're done serving lunch because there's a wedding reception this evening and it's going to gently caress over everyone if the first thing they see is the hallway absolutely filthy.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Outrail posted:

Lol peak boomer poo poo.

If a learning experience isn't a massive uphill battle for no reason there is no value!

Just plunder the family business, who gives a gently caress about family.

It's okay because it happened to me.

That's exactly the guy my uncle is, huge Trump supporter and thinks everyone younger than him has it easy/is lazy. My dad has said he's going to spend the first couple of weeks of retirement in the store parking lot to make sure my uncle doesn't try to go in and act like he's still one of the owners. I always knew there was some level of the Small Business Owner Tax Grift going on, for example: My dad has never "owned" any of his trucks, they were always paid for and owned by the store and written off as expenses. For some reason, my dad viewed this as meaning he used his truck for Work Things and would make off hours deliveries and service calls. My uncle also has a truck, but it's never been anything more than his personal vehicle; much more in line with how a lot of SB owners view company-owned vehicles. One of the flare ups in their conversations about passing on the business was that my dad wanted to have the trucks transferred to their names and take that burden off of the company. My dad was also OK with straight on leaving his truck with the store; my mom is also retiring by this fall and they won't need two cars, really. My uncle is still insisting that the store keep paying for his truck, and also buys him any future vehicles he needs as well as having the store continue to pay for his gas in perpetuity.

I kept telling my wife that the store ownership was going to be a loving tontine and they would just see who died first. Come to find out, I wasn't wrong and they had a system set up where the widow of whichever owner died would get the payout of the life insurance policy the store had on either of them to pay them and have ownership be entirely under the surviving brother. This is still in effect because my uncle refuses to sign the paperwork dissolving that agreement in favor of one that would move the ownership stake to the person specified by the deceased. My uncle is literally hoping my dad dies before October.

All of this over a furniture store .

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Have you considered asking Baraduk to kill him?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

frest posted:

i am grandfathered into a pension plan that will let me retire at 55 with like a 10k/mo pension

10k/mo pension? At 55?

I would do terrible, terrible things for even half of that. Like really bad stuff.

frest
Sep 17, 2004

Outrail posted:

10k/mo pension?

I would do terrible, terrible things for even half of that. Like really bad stuff.
they killed the plan for new hires in 2012. the old plan has a carve-out for hires before then, at 55 and 30 years of service you can go with the full amount. otherwise they reduce the payouts extremely sharply for every year you are younger than 65. if i went at 54 i'd get something like 4k/mo

e: we removed the pension plan that kept people here for their entire careers and now everyone is quitting after their first really bad summer! no we will not restore the plan! no one wants to work!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

goatface posted:

It can't be directly so I'm expecting a several month Rube Goldbergian extravaganza involving a box of hornets and international shipping and a deep sea submersible.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

frest posted:

they killed the plan for new hires in 2012. the old plan has a carve-out for hires before then, at 55 and 30 years of service you can go with the full amount. otherwise they reduce the payouts extremely sharply for every year you are younger than 65. if i went at 54 i'd get something like 4k/mo

e: we removed the pension plan that kept people here for their entire careers and now everyone is quitting after their first really bad summer! no we will not restore the plan! no one wants to work!

The two midwestern electric utilities did something similar with their pension program.

The first one locked new hires out of the traditional pension in something like 2002. Then in 2005 the company gave notice that in 2010 anyone still on the old pension plan would be forcibly converted to a cash balance plan. I bet everyone can guess what happened. If you guess that everyone eligible for early retirement in 2009 left, you would be correct. There was a noticeable experience drain those last years.

The company I am at now stopped offering the traditional pension around 2010. The union still has it (I think they haven’t sold the new members down the river, yet). And wouldn’t you guess that corporate is only just now realizing that they can’t abuse workers on a cash balance plan like they could on a traditional pension. Turnover has been huge, and I think there has finally been enough of the old timer executives leave for some of the new one realize that something has to change. Nothing significant probably will, but crazy things occasionally happen.

frest
Sep 17, 2004

Orvin posted:

The two midwestern electric utilities did something similar with their pension program.

The first one locked new hires out of the traditional pension in something like 2002. Then in 2005 the company gave notice that in 2010 anyone still on the old pension plan would be forcibly converted to a cash balance plan. I bet everyone can guess what happened. If you guess that everyone eligible for early retirement in 2009 left, you would be correct. There was a noticeable experience drain those last years.

The company I am at now stopped offering the traditional pension around 2010. The union still has it (I think they haven’t sold the new members down the river, yet). And wouldn’t you guess that corporate is only just now realizing that they can’t abuse workers on a cash balance plan like they could on a traditional pension. Turnover has been huge, and I think there has finally been enough of the old timer executives leave for some of the new one realize that something has to change. Nothing significant probably will, but crazy things occasionally happen.

we're probably the only utility in north america that still has unionized engineering departments. the union has been fighting to keep them from converting us to management. it's sincerely great & the whole reason i took this job in the first place that I can retire from my air conditioned office job at 55, but the pension was clearly intended for the dudes who spend all day in roach-infested manholes destroying their knees/back. When the last of the veteran splicers go... lol. lmao. they have new guys just walking off the job now, which was unthinkable 10 years ago.

management also had their health plan GUTTED. it's high deductible HSA-incentive bullshit now, while the union still has the good plan. if we had to use my wife's plan, that would be bad

e: it's not all bad, i got to meet Bernie when he visited the picket line for verizon in 2016. my whole office went out in our IBEW stuff and walked the line with him. probably one of the best memories I have of this dump

frest fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jul 8, 2023

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

goatface posted:

Indirectly.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

goatface posted:

*a pair of overworked Japanese salarymen turn up to the furniture store and fatally fail to sell the uncle anything.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

goatface posted:

Outrail posted:

10k/mo pension? At 55?

Heck, just ask Outrail to do it.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school

Dinosaur Gum

TaurusTorus posted:

Oh, and also the “proper” way to install a transducer is 12 passes on each screw, using 6 different calibrated torque tools from 3 foot-pounds to 35 foot-pounds.

We don’t have that. I have an Allen wrench taken from dayshift because ours got too worn and was stripping the screws.

Depending on who calibrated those wrenches, they may not be in spec anyway. We deal with a lot of companies that claim they can calibrate or repair something and then we go digging around to find out they're full of poo poo

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Elissimpark posted:

*a pair of overworked Japanese salarymen turn up to the furniture store and fatally fail to sell the uncle anything.

"Boss, we failed to sell him his fire insurance."

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

Lazyfire posted:

That's exactly the guy my uncle is, huge Trump supporter and thinks everyone younger than him has it easy/is lazy. My dad has said he's going to spend the first couple of weeks of retirement in the store parking lot to make sure my uncle doesn't try to go in and act like he's still one of the owners. I always knew there was some level of the Small Business Owner Tax Grift going on, for example: My dad has never "owned" any of his trucks, they were always paid for and owned by the store and written off as expenses. For some reason, my dad viewed this as meaning he used his truck for Work Things and would make off hours deliveries and service calls. My uncle also has a truck, but it's never been anything more than his personal vehicle; much more in line with how a lot of SB owners view company-owned vehicles. One of the flare ups in their conversations about passing on the business was that my dad wanted to have the trucks transferred to their names and take that burden off of the company. My dad was also OK with straight on leaving his truck with the store; my mom is also retiring by this fall and they won't need two cars, really. My uncle is still insisting that the store keep paying for his truck, and also buys him any future vehicles he needs as well as having the store continue to pay for his gas in perpetuity.

I kept telling my wife that the store ownership was going to be a loving tontine and they would just see who died first. Come to find out, I wasn't wrong and they had a system set up where the widow of whichever owner died would get the payout of the life insurance policy the store had on either of them to pay them and have ownership be entirely under the surviving brother. This is still in effect because my uncle refuses to sign the paperwork dissolving that agreement in favor of one that would move the ownership stake to the person specified by the deceased. My uncle is literally hoping my dad dies before October.

All of this over a furniture store .

Company cars:
201X Mercedes 4matic. For the lawyer/director of HR.
Leased Tesla SUV, I don't know poo poo about teslas. For owner A.
Leased Porsche Carrera for owner B.
A gently caress huge Buick SUV. It's.... Driven by the eldest son for college?
A Honda pilot or something, Owner A's mother drives it. The company pays for the fuel and insurance of all of these cars.

We make arts and crafts products for dollar stores, Walmart, etc.

I cannot wait to get audited.

I just remembered: we had 1200 in fraudulent charges on the company card which is actually owner B's card with the company as an authorized user?????.

It was easier for them to just pay the money than to file fraud and get new cards issued because we use the card to pay for everything

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
Just gonna stand here and stretch a bit. Oops, I think you dropped this.

https://www.irs.gov/compliance/whistleblower-office

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Elissimpark posted:

Make him an offer he can refuse.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Evil SpongeBob posted:

Lol, from the page (emphasis added):

quote:

The award percentage decreases for claims based on information from public sources or if the whistleblower planned and initiated the actions that led to the noncompliance.

I wonder if that's pre-emptive, or if there was ever a case of someone intentionally messing up their company's taxes so they could report it and get a cut. I can see where someone might do a whoopsie and then try to mitigate it, but that'd probably fall under negotiating a settlement with the IRS.

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

Evil SpongeBob posted:

But they'll cancel all the pizza parties and summer spirit activities like *checks emails* dress down Tuesday and western Wednesday's cowboy costume and chili cook-off (please eat your lunch at your desk to balance the time spent at spirit activities)

I mean, I'm looking for another gig. I got denied WFH when my alternator took a poo poo but the guy behind me worked from home because he was too sore from weeding in his garden on SATURDAY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Machai posted:

Heck, just ask Outrail to do it.

Not without my pension and union rep's go ahead.