Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Has anyone else been to the Petersen Automotive Museum in LA recently? They've dedicated the entire main floor to Tesla. I was there and got to see a cybertruck lol

The exhibit was very simptastic, and was pretty funny to me. But the rest of the museum was cool so I don't regret going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

Has anyone else been to the Petersen Automotive Museum in LA recently? They've dedicated the entire main floor to Tesla. I was there and got to see a cybertruck lol

The exhibit was very simptastic, and was pretty funny to me. But the rest of the museum was cool so I don't regret going.

given the name I am not surprised

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

lol, every time i see it it's uglier than i remember

can't believe how badly tesla hosed itself out of the EV truck market with this thing, probably the biggest remaining opportunity for them -- just make a conventional truck and get it out there first and it would've sold like crazy -- and instead they poured years of development into cybrtrk which is guaranteed to flop :lol:

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Big Threads issue ATM, any link I click on open within Threads own browser where it wants me to re-enter all my account information, can't see where I can force links to open in my own secure browser. Guess I'll die?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Bad Purchase posted:

lol, every time i see it it's uglier than i remember

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

I feel like not enough people blatantly told Musk how stupid that thing is. More people should tell that toddler who's in his 50s that that truck is really stupid. A lot. Tell him that a lot until his dumb brain absorbs how stupid it is.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
i watched johnny mnemonic yesterday and the cybertruck does look like it belongs there

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Catastrophe posted:

I feel like not enough people blatantly told Musk how stupid that thing is. More people should tell that toddler who's in his 50s that that truck is really stupid. A lot. Tell him that a lot until his dumb brain absorbs how stupid it is.

The truck is there to distract Musk from actually interfering with things that make Tesla money, like a jangly set of keys with a toddler.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ishikabibble posted:

The truck is there to distract Musk from actually interfering with things that make Tesla money, like a jangly set of keys with a toddler.

its to distract people how bad he is at space. Remember when his company blew up a rocket?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl1j2en8Gjs

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

its to distract people how bad he is at space. Remember when his company blew up a rocket?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl1j2en8Gjs

Lots of people blow up rockets. SpaceX just blew up a rocket in a particularly stupid way.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

That truck would be less dumb if, you know, it was actually a thing. They can’t even ship it.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Vegetable posted:

That truck would be less dumb if, you know, it was actually a thing. They can’t even ship it.

No. No it wouldn't

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

ishikabibble posted:

yeah, but it was a terrible project to let him take on because there's an actual market for trucks

nobody at spacex cares if musk fiddles about with starship because there isn't a business case for it anyway

completely ceding the truck EV market when they were years ahead of the competition to distract elon is nuts. i have a feeling that the semi truck was meant to be the project to distract elon instead, since it has the classic signs: impractical, will never work, and is once again reinventing a train but worse (the AI convoy thing)

my guess is that they tried and failed to get his full attention on the semi, but he was too willful and stubborn to leave the truck to the adults in the company

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The Lone Badger posted:

Lots of people blow up rockets. SpaceX just blew up a rocket in a particularly stupid way.

Aside from the Challenger, all rocket ship explosions are fun.
Boom! Big explosion!

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
does anybody actually like threads or is it simply just a "it isn't elon" decision?

I can't see spending the time to set up an account and taking the time to adjust my aglorithm and find what friends also went to threads, just to give the zucc your data to sell illegally yet again and bail whenever bluesky goes public

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Tonetta posted:

does anybody actually like threads or is it simply just a "it isn't elon" decision?

I can't see spending the time to set up an account and taking the time to adjust my aglorithm and find what friends also went to threads, just to give the zucc your data to sell illegally yet again and bail whenever bluesky goes public

It's the second one

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
oh maybe try a cleaner break from social media and dont do jacksky either?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I remember back before algorithms were even a thing. You just did things and no AI was recording it

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

PhazonLink posted:

oh maybe try a cleaner break from social media and dont do jacksky either?

I need *one* to keep up with news and with friends who are no longer part of my everyday life. I'm on that break right now, hence why I am posting here instead.

as much as I would like all social media's to be memory hole'd out of existence, they're fairly essential to the American lifestyle now.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

e, double post

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Not sure what's happening in here....

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Homer Simpson designed a better vehicle than this.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Not sure what's happening in here....

something magical Seth. Just let it happen

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

frantically flushing embedded tweets down the toilet as seth kicks the door in

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I remember back before algorithms were even a thing. You just did things and no AI was recording it

However, I recorded it. You have no idea the poo poo I recorded you doing, Something Awful forums user "Mumpy Puffinz"

You have no idea

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i've got all your SSIDs, yep, even the joke ones. especially the joke ones.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

I;ve always kept a careful list of all my acquaintances' buying habits, search history, exact location, and key vulnerabilities, so they shouldn't feel any more threatened now that the algorithms are doing the same thing

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Removed. Inappropriate.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jul 9, 2023

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Buce posted:

I;ve always kept a careful list of all my acquaintances' buying habits, search history, exact location, and key vulnerabilities, so they shouldn't feel any more threatened now that the algorithms are doing the same thing

Settle down, Mark. Nobody likes your "Zuckerbook" idea.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The psycho stalker you stood up for got banned.

This is pure bullshit, and this is about the fourth time I've seen you popping up in random threads to scream at people so when you come back that is going to stop.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

...! posted:

However, I recorded it. You have no idea the poo poo I recorded you doing, Something Awful forums user "Mumpy Puffinz"

You have no idea

I have all the ideas. It was some weird poo poo, wasn't it

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

sebmojo posted:

This is pure bullshit, and this is about the fourth time I've seen you popping up in random threads to scream at people so when you come back that is going to stop.

Yeah, fair.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The psycho stalker you stood up for got banned.

actually that poster was banned for pillaging 600k SSIDs, not for stalking

thieves think they're just entitled to data because it's public, and finally it looks like elon is going to put a stop to it

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Tonetta posted:

threads has a bunch of people and activity specifically because there's not much "account setup" to do if you are already on instagram.

however, it mainly seems to be for people who love to ~Engage with Branded Content~. like it's obvious a bunch of ad agencies have been having meetings about their "threads strategy" for several months and its already chock full of their bullshit

the general population of twitter seems to have split between the brands and normies (threads), the shitposters and freaks (bluesky), the nerds and dorks (mastodon), and the nazis and whoever stuck around to watch everything fall apart (twitter)

personally im on all of them at the same time because ive got the brainworms

i think what some of these corporates dont understand is that equilibrium is death. if you have a space completely dominated by one kind of poster, its going to become very stagnant very fast. the constant shifting of influence between different factions and the way they interact with each other is where a lot of the entertainment/information value of social media can be found. threads in particular is going to be a very over-policed stale space where you'll probably get disappeared for getting too uppity with your airline's customer service account or whatever

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jul 9, 2023

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Earwicker posted:

threads has a bunch of people and activity specifically because there's not much "account setup" to do if you are already on instagram.

however, it mainly seems to be for people who love to ~Engage with Branded Content~. like it's obvious a bunch of ad agencies have been having meetings about their "threads strategy" for several months and its already chock full of their bullshit

the general population of twitter seems to have split between the brands and normies (threads), the shitposters and freaks (bluesky), the nerds and dorks (mastodon), and the nazis and whoever stuck around to watch everything fall apart (twitter)

i think what some of these corporates dont understand is that equilibrium is death. if you have a space completely dominated by one kind of poster, its going to become very stagnant very fast. the constant shifting of influence between different factions and the way they interact with each other is where a lot of the entertainment/information value of social media can be found

I don't have an ig because ig was just cringey food posts or otherwise a bunch of up playing your own life to climb some fake socioeconomic ladder virtually, which is extremely unhealthy to digest if you're not aware of it

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Tonetta posted:

I don't have an ig because ig was just cringey food posts or otherwise a bunch of up playing your own life to climb some fake socioeconomic ladder virtually, which is extremely unhealthy to digest if you're not aware of it

well, i like looking at pictures of food that my friends make and stuff they build or paint or are otherwise working on etc. and also i use it to post pictures of flowers and scenery or yes, food that ive made, and also to post videos of myself playing music

i don't understand how i'm "climbing up a fake socioeconomic ladder" or whats cringey about food posts i think thats more just a personal taste thing.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Earwicker posted:

i think what some of these corporates dont understand is that equilibrium is death. if you have a space completely dominated by one kind of poster, its going to become very stagnant very fast. the constant shifting of influence between different factions and the way they interact with each other is where a lot of the entertainment/information value of social media can be found. threads in particular is going to be a very over-policed stale space where you'll probably get disappeared for getting too uppity with your airline's customer service account or whatever

Post this in FYAD and see what they have to say about it.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i haven't used either of my fyad accounts in like five years i dont remember the passwords

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Earwicker posted:

i haven't used either of my fyad accounts in like five years i dont remember the passwords

use this one you pussy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

what kind of poo poo are you posting that you want to hide behind an alt to post in fyad twice