Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

y_y
Oct 25, 2011

conversationalist
The 90s sure are sweaty…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I'm once again trying to spread the good word of retreat sharing in conquest once you know the other guy is also playing patriot. I got through my quest in like 30 minutes so I don't have to play patriot anymore

Good call on this

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
My best guess on spotlight reserves (once you're getting a box every 12 cl) is that one will appear on 850 and are every 120th level after that. They could also just start from your first unopened box. Who knows! If I had unopened boxes and was willing to gamble for maximum returns I would skip every cl850+120x box and open the rest

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I just picked up the medal shop mystery variant and it removed the week 4 mystery variant from availability, and my "SOLD!" section now includes both.

weak! or bug?!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It’s a very common bug right now!

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Huh, same here, hadn't even noticed.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sounds like we're all getting a free Pixel variant!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Galactus is in my shop. Have I lived long enough to see myself become the villain or should I leave it alone?

suction
Jul 17, 2009
I wouldn't buy any cards since spotlight reserves are coming. At least see what they will announce the spotlight cards for this month.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I was mostly kidding since I've railed against Galactus for months. Still loving hate him. I have like 9k saved at this point.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
I spent my 6k on High Evo. No regrets. BUT I am torn about opening current boxes or not. On one hand, gold and tokens, which sound waaaay rarer in the future. Plus I only have like 2k tokens right now. But on the other, a better shot at series 4/5 when they come out, plus whatever else may be in there. 🤔

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

I got Bast and Valk from my collector's packs and I got Magik from the season pass so I'm going full C3 mode

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

New Leaf posted:

I get "Snap?" after I've already lost and they were the ones that snapped in the first place..

I've gotten "Snap?" spammed after someone won against me when neither of us snapped way more than I'd ever expect

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Having to win with Patriot so many times this weekend reminds me how much I enjoy Patriot decks. Iron Lad copying Brood is such a great play.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Its definitely been fun going back to that deck, though I added in Super Skrull and Rogue since there are so many other Patriot decks out, that's been fun

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Hit infinite today. I started at 73 this season. High Evo decks feel really powerful. I switched between HE Lockjaw and HE Control. I wouldn't be surprised to see nerfs to HE Hulk and Cyclops. Now I'm working on the weekend missions and winning with Phoenix was a real chore. That card needs some kind of change to be useful in move or destroy decks.

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Hit Infinite climbing from 73 with variations of this, but this is the version that got me the card back along with a surprising number of 8-cube wins in the high 90's. The core is as simple as Turn 1 Kitty, Turn 5 Shuri, Turn 6 Taskmaster, which gets Kitty and Taskmaster to 20 power. Invisible Woman is to hide Taskmaster behind. Angela and Bast are to make your dumb opponent think it's a more of a standard Bounce deck. Hood does that too but Demon is also a good backup target for Shuri and Taskmaster, as is Venom. And it's just fun to play

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Fate Accomplice posted:

I just picked up the medal shop mystery variant and it removed the week 4 mystery variant from availability, and my "SOLD!" section now includes both.

weak! or bug?!

I didn't get this, but my medal shop mystery variant was Pixel Crossbones. :smith:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I can't get past 70. Nothing I try works anymore.. Same slump I hit every season. So goddamn frustrating. But I can farm gold tickets in Control with the same decks somehow.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

New Leaf posted:

I can't get past 70. Nothing I try works anymore.. Same slump I hit every season. So goddamn frustrating. But I can farm gold tickets in Control with the same decks somehow.

Are we sure you know how all your cards work? :D

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Patriot deck is doing great!

Marx Headroom fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jul 9, 2023

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Trip report: Ricket Bridge, Galactus and Wolverine can get hosed.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Opopanax posted:

Sounds like we're all getting a free Pixel variant!

another one to completion, bring it on!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Opopanax posted:

Are we sure you know how all your cards work? :D

I'm Kamala Thumbs Up-ing you so hard right now..

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Ninurta posted:

Trip report: Ricket Bridge, Galactus and Wolverine can get hosed.

Every time I see Rickety Bridge, and I have Spider Man on 5....but it does lose to Wolverine Galactus tho

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

crestfallen posted:

I spent my 6k on High Evo. No regrets. BUT I am torn about opening current boxes or not. On one hand, gold and tokens, which sound waaaay rarer in the future. Plus I only have like 2k tokens right now. But on the other, a better shot at series 4/5 when they come out, plus whatever else may be in there. 🤔

Keep the faith. You’ve got better chances next week to get better cards. And HE should keep you busy dialing it in, you did just get 6 new cards.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I like to Doc Oc on the bridge. I don't care if i lose the whole game.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Doobie Keebler posted:

Now I'm working on the weekend missions and winning with Phoenix was a real chore. That card needs some kind of change to be useful in move or destroy decks.

It does need a couple of things fixing - my choice would be to streamline it by giving it move itself and dropping it to 5 power - but it's alright. I got my three wins in three games with this:

Human Torch
Carnage
Multiple Man
Venom
Hulkbuster
Shuri
Taskmaster
Phoenix Force
Red Skull
Arnim Zola
Heimdall
She-Hulk

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I found a decent Patriot deck for the mission, found that I hardly ever used Brood, so then I just swapped it out for Phoenix Force and won that mission with that.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Discarding Hela turn 1

Playing Ghost Rider turn 6

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
Dusting off the old patriot deck was pretty fun, I was shocked at how well it performed, got me from rank 73-83

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I got someone’s human torch to -8 feels good

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

cinnamon rollout posted:

Dusting off the old patriot deck was pretty fun, I was shocked at how well it performed, got me from rank 73-83

Took me from 77 to 83 as well, but then I dropped back down to 80, so I switched to proving ground and faced 8 Super Skrull decks in a row, so I teched in Rogue and never saw Super Skrull again. Getting the last 4 wins took longer than the first 11 once the matchmaking turned on me.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
This win 3 with Phoenix Force is tilting me off. If I wanted to play stupid highroll trash I'd just queue up Mr Negative. At least that deck can put up big numbers.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I just saw someone suicide an Attuma into Phoenix to make a 16, but you can't add anything else to the lane unless it's Armored or Wakanda or something. Might work for you in the right deck!

Also, this deck wrecks. Having a lot of fun with it. Snapster had it on his YouTube this morning.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

cgeq posted:

Took me from 77 to 83 as well, but then I dropped back down to 80, so I switched to proving ground and faced 8 Super Skrull decks in a row, so I teched in Rogue and never saw Super Skrull again. Getting the last 4 wins took longer than the first 11 once the matchmaking turned on me.

Fortunately I hit infinite on Friday night so I didn't have to worry about losing cubes so I could just spam games without worrying about rank. I started like 2-6 (including getting Rogued) and was cooking from there and ended up gaining like 4 ranks

I'm skipping the season pass, oh no I don't get 100 tokens

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Got my three with Jedit's deck. At least that deck is just Shuri Taskmaster with bad cards thrown in instead of an entirely bad deck. I didn't play PF in any of my wins.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Ever since I hit the 90s all I’m seeing is Shuri > Nimrod > Whatever Bullshit. Is this some hot new meta? Because I haven’t seen it before but now it’s every other game.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

New Leaf posted:

I just saw someone suicide an Attuma into Phoenix to make a 16, but you can't add anything else to the lane unless it's Armored or Wakanda or something. Might work for you in the right deck!

Also, this deck wrecks. Having a lot of fun with it. Snapster had it on his YouTube this morning.

What..does this deck do..?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Phylodox posted:

Ever since I hit the 90s all I’m seeing is Shuri > Nimrod > Whatever Bullshit. Is this some hot new meta? Because I haven’t seen it before but now it’s every other game.

I've been winning strong with Shuri Nimrod for like a month now. It's a good deck.