Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Kibner posted:

Eh, I don't think Wiseman will ever amount to anything more than a bench big. He doesn't turn his hips well, has below-average hands, and doesn't really have any elite skill other than running fast in a straight line.

He's pretty graceful/has decent handles for his size, but my god does he have hands of stone (and somewhat below-average BBIQ). A death sentence in Kerr's eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I am broken hearted about missing The pistons game and having no way to replay it.

Can anyone give me their brief observations about ausar /sasser?

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Ausar looked really good at both ends. It's a shame there aren't gonna be enough ballhandler opportunities for him to show off. Sasser I didn't notice much.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

dokmo posted:

Ausar looked really good at both ends. It's a shame there aren't gonna be enough ballhandler opportunities for him to show off. Sasser I didn't notice much.

That's great. My hope is that Killian hayes is getting flushed down the toilet back to france, so that Ivey can play 6th man to get some more lead reps, and Ausar can play 3 with Burks at 2, be the secondary ballhandler and benefit from Cade's gravity

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

He's pretty graceful/has decent handles for his size, but my god does he have hands of stone (and somewhat below-average BBIQ). A death sentence in Kerr's eyes.

This is unrelated specifically to Wiseman, but I have a few tiers of handles:

A) split double teams effortlessly
B) drive in traffic without getting stripped
C) beat single coverage
D) can sprint and dribble in transition without losing control
F) should never take more than a single power dribble

I don't think a big's "relative" handles are actually noteworthy unless the are at least in tier C. If they can beat single coverage, cool, that's useful a lot of the time. Especially if they have other players on the team that give enough space to make sure they don't have to worry about dribbling into traffic.

However, if they ever become good enough at actually beating single coverage with their dribble, teams will be sending help and I have seen that lead to so many strips on bigs who are generally considered to have "good handles, for their size". At that point, their handles start to have extremely niche usage until they can keep their dribble in traffic.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013
That's a good classification system, he was definitely a solid "D" in every game I watched him play (so, all of his Dubs games)

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Dallas OKC

Chet has a goofy lanky white guy look but plays with caged raccoon at the vet energy. He is has so much fun to watch.

Cason looked pretty good.

Lively is as long as advertised, but pretty raw. I don't know about this guy.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
i think Kerr should have developed Wiseman as a stretch 5 instead of a rim runner.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Was IND Jarace Walker looks like he could guard anybody in the league right now.

Johnny Davis/Mathurin matchup is very good.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

I know he's only played 1 game against this level of competition, but Jarace Walker has the best hands I've ever seen.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

whyteryce please find a way to steal a 2023 summer league ball crew t shirt for me, thanks.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

dokmo posted:

I know he's only played 1 game against this level of competition, but Jarace Walker has the best hands I've ever seen.

He's really impressive

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Also of the clips I cound find of det/orl, Duren took an off the dribble three and made it. What a silly time it is

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Colin Castleton hype train continues

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Brandon Miller just airballed a floater??

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

WhyteRyce posted:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Oops had the wrong channel on.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

WhyteRyce posted:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
What does Eric Musselman have to do with this game right now? Get this loser off my TV.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Fudge

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Nobody should be allowed to use zone defense in summer league.

Also full court press.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Hornets play like a tanking team in the summer league.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Every single one of the Hornets guards need to be fired into the sun

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I really like how relaxed JHS has been, in a good way. No one ever rushes him. Some of the passes are dumb but when he just does bread and butter stuff it’s really nice and he really creates a lot of legit contact on his drives.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

WhyteRyce posted:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

WhyteRyce posted:

Sadly, they are both still on rookie 1st round contracts.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Jabari Smith looks so much better this summer league.

I enjoy his basketball.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ausar can’t shoot

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I know the Pistons are gonna be a bottom-five team again this season, but jesus even the summer league version is depressing to watch. I hope Cade can at least make it through a season this year.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Is there a single thing Wiseman does better than Duren?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I think Jay Huff is a corner three away from being a valued role player on an NBA team.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Jabari

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Rick posted:

Jabari

Was coming here to post, he looks a step above everyone else for the 2nd game in a row here.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Pistons playing almost their whole starting lineup and still struggling

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Great read by Ausar.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Chronicles posted:

Pistons playing almost their whole starting lineup and still struggling

For what it's worth, I'm sure Detroit's starting lineup will include Cade/Stewart/Bogdanović. The only starters they have playing are Ivey and Duren.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

lol wiseman getting clowned

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Wiseman has not covered himself in glory today

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

surf rock posted:

For what it's worth, I'm sure Detroit's starting lineup will include Cade/Stewart/Bogdanović. The only starters they have playing are Ivey and Duren.

Fair though I expect Thompson to get a lot of time. They all played well but Smith and Eason killed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

How did Miller do?