Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Mokotow posted:

Watched the F1 Academy report from Zandvoort and its striking how poorly kept that track is. There’s garbage all over, the kerbs are just thrashed and because it’s all on dunes, the trackside grass looks lovely, not to mention they’ve put new asphalt only on the most used part of the parabolica, giving it a distinct 80’s Dijon/Ricard lovely vibe. Actually , the whole track has that ‘83 lovely feeling going.

If you turned Zandvoort into a parking lot or a nuclear waste storage facility, nobody would cry a single tear about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

“The F1 race isn’t until late August, why should the track look nice in June?”

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Mokotow posted:

Watched the F1 Academy report from Zandvoort and its striking how poorly kept that track is.

And that was for a DTM weekend? Yikes.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

SlowBloke posted:

If you turned Zandvoort into a parking lot or a nuclear waste storage facility, nobody would cry a single tear about it.

I wouldn't put a nuclear waste storage facility that close to the ocean. But otherwise yes, bulldoze Zandvoort.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
WEC published a nice doc with random events out of the lemans race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0wJCo07opQ

It's fun seeing the places you were in on the big screen at home

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

SlowBloke posted:

WEC published a nice doc with random events out of the lemans race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0wJCo07opQ

It's fun seeing the places you were in on the big screen at home

this one hits hard

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Grimson posted:

this one hits hard

Thanks to the video(Thvideo?), I have managed to understood what the hell happened in the distance at Dunlop arch at the start of the race and the poor AF corse pilot going to the pits dejected was heartbreaking. We were scratching our heads on what the gently caress happened at the time and nobody went in detail on what caused it on the RLM commentary or the video feed on the screens.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I’m trying to watch the archive but MotorTrend keeps taking it down and now they have smaller vids up but not number 5 which contains where I was.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Arcella posted:

I’m trying to watch the archive but MotorTrend keeps taking it down and now they have smaller vids up but not number 5 which contains where I was.

FIA WEC channel has a listing for the whole feed, to be premiered on the first of july

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciSNHrKrkeQ

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Yeah that’s still 3 days away and I was finishing hour 4 last night!!!

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
24H of Spa is currently running and is being streamed for free on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZb08cxH9SY

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
WEC published the BoP data for the remaining races

https://en.endurance-info.com/auto/article/107823-new-bop-rest-season-hypercar-category

Peugeot, Glick and Vanwall gets some help, the rest is mildly(Toyota) or heavily(Cadillac, Porsche and Ferrari) penalized

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Monza 6 Hours is this weekend, they’ve sold more than 80,000 tickets. It’s gonna look like an F1 race there this weekend.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

harperdc posted:

Monza 6 Hours is this weekend, they’ve sold more than 80,000 tickets. It’s gonna look like an F1 race there this weekend.

It's also going to be wet, there is a giant Atlantic subsystem in the north of Italy, so we might see similar weather as LeMans.
The 80k tickets can be explained in two items, first people want to see Ferrari winning for once and second the tickets are now sold over ticket1 instead of the Monza track ghettorigged subsite(you could only get the generic access online, the rest you had to go find the ticket counter at the track).
If I didn't had an infernal week I would have gone there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKNZFndA934

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

harperdc posted:

true passione

CodFishBalls
Jul 1, 2023
It has to have a strategy error to be passione, otherwise it's just sparkling sadness.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
If goons want to see the dacia back in action, they just started a crowdfunding campaign to fix it back.

[url]https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid03k5k27EGxn6qEF4r1Mna2XRm2MF6bGtZXPS2fqtzMaRTrz8oi2vzQScA2cp8PQQsl&id=100086151396827&__cft__[0]=AZWvV_0gOTKI9Sv6hmOz_IJXek5tG72xrRLYxb70fLDzoCW9jGGE1-lvvm8nSCfMCjK93elpBkDeHXMXuLroAmdnzCn67aBrIIoDeqptNE97UchGmbBViJQMCPh81VIzCFO25A7AElJCrS8tpzJ8pGluYxVxXiDHDQzOEAe0KHT_raxAvTo3m_RuywHgSHf19Kg&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R[/url]

Copy/paste the whole block, Awful app cannot do the linking properly

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Motocross is live at The Wick in MA today.

Been getting more and more into this sport since my Dad and Brother are big fans. Hunter and Jett Lawrence, two brothers from Australia, look absolutely unstoppable. Jett moved up from the 250 class after the Supercross season and into the 450 class for the Motocross season, and the dude is just making everyone look stupid as a rookie. It's super fun to watch

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Dacia are doing the Dakar with Prodrive now which is I think is totally on brand. Loeb as their top driver along with Cristina Gutierrez.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

a neat cape posted:

Motocross is live at The Wick in MA today.

Been getting more and more into this sport since my Dad and Brother are big fans. Hunter and Jett Lawrence, two brothers from Australia, look absolutely unstoppable. Jett moved up from the 250 class after the Supercross season and into the 450 class for the Motocross season, and the dude is just making everyone look stupid as a rookie. It's super fun to watch

ring the Windyman klaxon, we got moto/supercross talk in the thread

6H of Monza is later today, qualifying was fun and interesting for all three classes - including a pretty stunning lap from Robert Kubica for pole in P2.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

iron dames pole :getin:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

harperdc posted:

ring the Windyman klaxon, we got moto/supercross talk in the thread

I'm sorry :(

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

no no, that's to encourage it! don't worry at all. it's just a running joke because maybe once a month Windy comes by and says "WATCH MORE SUPERCROSS"

meanwhile the Monza 6 Hours has started and is spicy already

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

buemi trying to show all the amateur drivers how to really gently caress up a race

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Drama. I love it.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

peugeot :negative:

e: iron dames :negative: :negative:

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jul 9, 2023

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Iron Dames are cursed

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

algebra testes posted:

Drama. I love it.

And there are going to be three more Hypercar factory teams next year :psyduck:

Shame we’re losing Monza for at least one season, this has been pretty awesome. On the other side, imagine this at Imola :sickos:

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

harperdc posted:

On the other side, imagine this at Imola :sickos:

Buemi sending cars out at every corner?

Edit: IMSA just finished, good race with a last minute Cadillac retire thanks to Farfus doing a dentist move(which might get a penalty for).

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 9, 2023

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

What’s a “dentist move”?

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

Mokotow posted:

What’s a “dentist move”?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oC8goRJHis

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Mokotow posted:

What’s a “dentist move”?

Endurance racing used to fill the bronze slots with rich drivers with low to minimal experience in professional racing, meaning that they usually did major fuckup wiping out pros. It has became a meme to the point of calling a random fuckup some variant of "Dentist X" event, since some of the bronze driver that generated the legend were in the profession.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jul 10, 2023

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

nevr4get

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

SlowBloke posted:

Endurance racing used to fill the bronze slots with rich drivers with low to minimal experience in professional racing, meaning that they usually did major fuckup wiping out pros. It has became a meme to the point of calling a random fuckup some variant of "Dentist X" event, since some of the bronze driver that generated the legend were in the profession.

Nice, thanks. Reminds me how the Beechcraft Bonanza had the „Doctor Killer” nickname.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

How are they skating on slicks so much? Once they get warmed up they’re like thighs on leather couches. Unless you provide absurd amounts of force to them like a top fuel launch.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

They're bad drivers op

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wish I was allowed to drive one of those hyper gokarts

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

coconono posted:

I wish I was allowed to drive one of those hyper gokarts

https://wolfracingcars.com/modelli/thunder/?lang=en 80k€ for US road legal unit

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

coconono posted:

How are they skating on slicks so much? Once they get warmed up they’re like thighs on leather couches. Unless you provide absurd amounts of force to them like a top fuel launch.

Calling Continental's IMSA race tires from that period 'good' is a significant stretch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

for that price I could score a rebranded Autozam AZ-1 and a turbo