Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Why would you want to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

use this one you pussy

to what end? i dont particularly want or need fyads opinion on that post, if you want or need that you can post it there yourself.

Tonetta posted:

what kind of poo poo are you posting that you want to hide behind an alt to post in fyad twice

forces in contrary motion

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Earwicker posted:

to what end? i dont particularly want or need fyads opinion on that post, if you want or need that you can post it there yourself

forces in contrary motion

you got two alts that you don't use, and are afraid to post in fyad?

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

:ssj:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

who tf uses alts for FYAD

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

CharlestheHammer posted:

Why would you want to

for fun charles

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

:justpost:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
everyone should be posting with at least two accounts

the main, and the alt to emptyquote the main from time to time

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Bad Purchase posted:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bad Purchase posted:

ha ha you are a broken person

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
For when you really wanna say the n word but need an extra 10 dollars of identity protection so people still think you're well adjusted.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Tonetta posted:

does anybody actually like threads or is it simply just a "it isn't elon" decision?

I can't see spending the time to set up an account and taking the time to adjust my aglorithm and find what friends also went to threads, just to give the zucc your data to sell illegally yet again and bail whenever bluesky goes public

The world is trash. "Good app" isn't achievable so "at least it's not owned by a Nazi who uses it to promote his Nazi friends" is the best we can hope for

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

ha ha you are a broken person

gotta break yourself down before you can build back better

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Bad Purchase posted:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

I think we can agree that all of our countries are pretty bad

whoever pointed out that people get hot and bothered when you explain how better things are possible, come get your prize

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Bad Purchase posted:

Anyone else getting errors from the forums?

E: nevermind

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Bad Purchase posted:

this, and also accounts should be passed around between friends or even operated by a group. its not good practice to let an account be used by one irl person for more than a year or two

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
No one explained how things are better. They just said they were superior and more or less left it as that.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Tonetta posted:

I don't have an ig because ig was just cringey food posts or otherwise a bunch of up playing your own life to climb some fake socioeconomic ladder virtually, which is extremely unhealthy to digest if you're not aware of it

It’s also for people with friends and good relationships with their family which is perhaps a tad unrelatable on SA

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

JUNGLE BOY posted:

It’s also for people with friends and good relationships with their family which is perhaps a tad unrelatable on SA

that's any and all of them actually, if you want them to be.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bad Purchase posted:

gotta break yourself down before you can build back better

Look at this nerd. Trying to make themself better. Let's all try to be better too.
:wink:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I actively try to make myself worse

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

...! posted:

Well you can't even get that right. :colbert:

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

CharlestheHammer posted:

No one explained how things are better. They just said they were superior and more or less left it as that.

Also SIB isn't American lol

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

...! posted:

I believe you can be better

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

JUNGLE BOY posted:

My entire experience on Instagram is cat pics.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

...! posted:

However, I recorded it. You have no idea the poo poo I recorded you doing, Something Awful forums user "Mumpy Puffinz"

You have no idea

Wow, this might rank as one of the biggest wastes of recording media, ever. And they shipped DVD copies of Gigli.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

istewart posted:

Wow, this might rank as one of the biggest wastes of recording media, ever. And they shipped DVD copies of Gigli.

I know, right?

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Ho ho ho! I'll have the same again!
Nap Ghost

Earwicker posted:

i haven't used either of my fyad accounts in like five years i dont remember the passwords

wtf

Grab Im Moor
Apr 4, 2022

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

Has anyone else been to the Petersen Automotive Museum in LA recently? They've dedicated the entire main floor to Tesla. I was there and got to see a cybertruck lol

The exhibit was very simptastic, and was pretty funny to me. But the rest of the museum was cool so I don't regret going.

Lol every time. They wanted to make it look futuristic but somehow it ended up looking incredibly dated and cheap, Like some idiot from the 1980s' vision of a future car. Some rattly spray painted prop you'd see in an old budget Sci fi movie. Just a janky aluminum sheet looking hollow brick on chubby toy car wheels lmao.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Lot of people not getting a joke in this thread. Jesus

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Amphigory posted:

Lot of people not getting a joke in this thread. Jesus

No, I think everyone gets the Cybertruck.

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

Sir John Falstaff posted:

No, I think everyone gets the Cybertruck.

When did you put in your order?

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

MunchE posted:

The world is trash. "Good app" isn't achievable so "at least it's not owned by a Nazi who uses it to promote his Nazi friends" is the best we can hope for

Meta was(/is?) complicit in a genocide. If you could snap your fingers and choose one of FB/IG or Twitter to just disappear, the world would be far better if FB/IG were gone.

Also the people who say algorithmic ad-supported social media owned by big tech has become an essential part of the American lifestyle: LOL. Is it really essential to have a platform to broadcast that your personality is “goes to restaurants” to people.

Getting off of these big platforms altogether is possible.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
You guys know how hard it’s to get online clout without likes shares or karma (I’m his alt)
Empty quotes are all there is

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
The bot that tracks Elon’s private jet (or “assassination coordinates” in Musk-speak) is now back on Threads: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/suspended-twitter-account-tracking-elon-musks-jet-moves-threads-rcna93223

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dial A For Awesome posted:

The bot that tracks Elon’s private jet (or “assassination coordinates” in Musk-speak) is now back on Threads: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/suspended-twitter-account-tracking-elon-musks-jet-moves-threads-rcna93223

:yeshaha:

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Halisnacks posted:

Meta was(/is?) complicit in a genocide. If you could snap your fingers and choose one of FB/IG or Twitter to just disappear, the world would be far better if FB/IG were gone.

Also the people who say algorithmic ad-supported social media owned by big tech has become an essential part of the American lifestyle: LOL. Is it really essential to have a platform to broadcast that your personality is “goes to restaurants” to people.

Getting off of these big platforms altogether is possible.

I heard someone say that we’re starting to look at the use of social media like smoking cigarettes.

I think it’s apt in that it’s similarly entrenched in the culture and hard to imagine it going away or even regulated. And we’re at that first step where people haven’t registered yet how bad it is for us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan