Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

For anybody second guessing themselves, besides the few that are on the tutorial island, there are no sky caves

And AFAIK there's only one cave with a cardinal direction in the name that doesnt have a sister cave of some kind: East Boné Pond Cave. All others that have a direction in the name, will have another cave nearby with a different cardinal direction in the name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Finding the last few caves is BRUTAL. Even with Bubbelfrog sensor and Hero's Path. I haven't opened the game since I finally did it, though a lot of that is just having nothing else to do.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

If Koltin isn't going to tell me where those loving frogs are then he can go find the last few himself.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I found every cave in the game besides east and west tanagar canyon by doing cherry blossom trees + looking for blupees. Those two i was just completely blind to, I don't know if their blue light reaches high enough to be visible from the cherry blossom trees themselves.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
We choose to hunt down every bubbulfrog in this game, not because we want treasure or achievements, but because we are running out of other things to do

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

*unfurls MISSION ACCOMPLISHED banner when I finish the game with 15 found*

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

3 bubbulfrogs to go!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Klungar posted:

The Scorching Colosseum in the Depths near the Fire Temple has Moblins of all stripes.

This got me 3, for a total of 6, for 2 of 3 fire armor pieces upgraded :toot:

ok now I need 3 more lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

To repost: I need OG (not blue, not black, not silver) moblin horns to upgrade the fire armor, but I've apparently played enough game that they don't spawn where the internet claims they should due to level scaling. Where can I see a guaranteed moblin spawn?

Trump Card
Jun 25, 2008

HEY GUYS
iirc most of the ones on Death Mountain on top of the metal towers that throw bomb barrels at you are red

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Trump Card posted:

iirc most of the ones on Death Mountain on top of the metal towers that throw bomb barrels at you are red

Yup this looks right thanks :tipshat:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Tall Tale Teller posted:

If Koltin isn't going to tell me where those loving frogs are then he can go find the last few himself.

But he does, doesn't he? I know the cherry blossom trees will show you caves you've already been to, but does Koltin tell you about caves you've already killed the frogs in?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I’m nowhere near it myself but apparently he gets to a point where you ask for a hint and he’s just like “idk lol”. He doesn’t know every last location.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Doesn't he just know the ones that are near his current location? So if he doesn't feel any nearby, try asking him somewhere else?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Finally got all of them

The reward was as stupid as every collectathon reward

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The true reward was the things we killed along the way :unsmith:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Today in “sharing a save with your 6 year old” I learn we have literally zero arrows when I go to shoot a bubble frog and nothing happens lol.

“I used them all shooting those purple guys but it didn’t work. Also I spent all our money on cold armor in the bird town (we have had more than enough cold armor for any situation for like the last month)”

Ok little man

If you ever feel like the game is too easy, play with the innocent eyes of a child who doesn’t know what meta gaming means. I would really like those 1k+ rupees back tho. Back to the apple orchard I guess

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Mymla posted:

Doesn't he just know the ones that are near his current location? So if he doesn't feel any nearby, try asking him somewhere else?

I definitely had one cave left and I went to every Koltin location and he said that same thing everywhere. Turns out it was actually a really obvious monster cave right by Lurelin that I somehow missed.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Kinda disturbing that any time you shoot an owl bunny it might be Koltin now

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Steve Yun posted:

If you go to Satori Mountain (at night?) there's three of then hanging out by Koltin's balloon, near the cherry blossom tree. You can spam a Lynel bow and make a quick chunk of change lol

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

2 bubbulfrogs to go, and I know where they are I just haven't figured out how to get at them yet.

Yes or no answers only please; do I have to kill the gleeok in the coliseum to get the cave there open?

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Runcible Cat posted:

Yes or no answers only please; do I have to kill the gleeok in the coliseum to get the cave there open?

No but it's not easy not to draw aggro

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

MrQueasy posted:

No but it's not easy not to draw aggro

Tell me about it! Make me a gleeok mask, Kilton!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Dang. I didn't know you could actually help Addison until just now lol

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Steve Yun posted:

That disgusting little freak is lucky he wasn't shot when he wasn't a cute bunny creature

That ET hammer tweet but about Koltin

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
I've found that carrying around a few rocket shields will trivialize pretty much any enemy in the game, especially gleeoks. Keese eyes, particularly elemental ones, are also very effective against gleeoks.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

I mean, he owes you for over 100 gems, some rupees is the least he can give you.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

loquacius posted:

Addison is beyond help

Seriously, dude was given the advertising campaign job to keep him as far away from actual construction as possible for as long as possible (and also probably to keep him from rifling through Hudson's garbage)

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

You'd think after the first couple times Addison would learn to build the base first and then add the sign. But several dozen later and I think he's part of a prank show where Link is the mark.

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

The Addison signs are the last thing I'm doing before I stop playing (maybe). I tried earlier using a guide and Hero's Path, but it turns out I had skipped some, so now I'm just visiting every spot (preferably on horse).

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

loquacius posted:

I just thought letting him drop his sign over and over was a little joke the designers made until I saw you were supposed to help him in this thread.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Early on I got an Addison puzzle that would move one millimeter and reset even if I built a drat space shuttle launch tower around it, so it took forever and I decided it was dumb and not worth the effort. Must have been on weird terrain or something I don’t really remember. Finally tried one again a week later and it was super easy to do with one board??? Game griefed me.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Today in “sharing a save with your 6 year old” I learn we have literally zero arrows when I go to shoot a bubble frog and nothing happens lol.

“I used them all shooting those purple guys but it didn’t work. Also I spent all our money on cold armor in the bird town (we have had more than enough cold armor for any situation for like the last month)”

Ok little man

If you ever feel like the game is too easy, play with the innocent eyes of a child who doesn’t know what meta gaming means. I would really like those 1k+ rupees back tho. Back to the apple orchard I guess

I don't know why people scraping apples together bothers me so much, it should be funny, look at these goobers thinking they're getting rich by collecting cans and taking them across state lines to get 5 cents per can. Look how much work they put on for no reward and yet feel like wall street investors. But instead I feel like my dad must feel when he talks to me about cars or his army man stuff

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I beat the Water Temple last night and it was my favorite of the three (Wind, Fire, Water) that I've done so far. But drat, I wish it had been way bigger/longer. It felt like a nice little temple appetizer and there was no main course. I really miss dungeons that feel like an interconnected unit instead of a sequence of unconnected puzzles.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

The underground Waterworks section leading up to it had some immaculate vibes for a game stuffed to the gills with immaculate vibes

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It's not so bad if you just pretend that the temples themselves are like the final room of a traditional temple, and then include the quests that lead up to the temples.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

The Maroon Hawk posted:

The underground Waterworks section leading up to it had some immaculate vibes for a game stuffed to the gills with immaculate vibes

There are some tunnels in the walls under the big grates and I dunno what they're for

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Sab0921 posted:

Is there a "right" way to do anything in this game?

When I needed to bring 15 logs to Lurelin village, I chopped down 15 trees, combined them into one huge block, and tried to use my strongest horse and trailer to try and tow it.

When I found out it was too heavy I just attached 4 big wheels and a steering stick to the logs and drove it there. Not sure if this was the right way or not.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

ChocNitty posted:

When I needed to bring 15 logs to Lurelin village, I chopped down 15 trees, combined them into one huge block, and tried to use my strongest horse and trailer to try and tow it.

When I found out it was too heavy I just attached 4 big wheels and a steering stick to the logs and drove it there. Not sure if this was the right way or not.

You pile the logs into a big ring and then roll the whole thing downhill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

ChocNitty posted:

Just levitate the giant wad of logs with ultrahand and walk there? It's only like a minute away.