Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

ChocNitty posted:

When I needed to bring 15 logs to Lurelin village, I chopped down 15 trees, combined them into one huge block, and tried to use my strongest horse and trailer to try and tow it.

When I found out it was too heavy I just attached 4 big wheels and a steering stick to the logs and drove it there. Not sure if this was the right way or not.

There is no "right" way, but I would say this is very much a "righter" way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Having a hard time deciding what sounds more fun between making a log barrel or log car

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
Actually the intended way is to build an elaborate, perfectly aimed launching platform and fire every log individually into the center of the village

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Steve Yun posted:

Having a hard time deciding what sounds more fun between making a log barrel or log car

These are both a lot better than my Ultrahand-while-slow-walk method and now I regret the decision to do it that way. Perhaps I should have tried to build a balloon array to float them over.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

My original plan was to stick them all together into one long megalog, and see if I could deliver them while technically not traveling back to the village. Sadly I ran out of choppy weapons partway through and never did find out whether it would work :iiam:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Captain Hygiene posted:

My original plan was to stick them all together into one long megalog, and see if I could deliver them while technically not traveling back to the village. Sadly I ran out of choppy weapons partway through and never did find out whether it would work :iiam:

You still have to talk to him, I think.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

You still have to talk to him, I think.

I wouldn't be surprised, I was sorta thinking it was the kind of dialogue that triggers when you drop a relevant item within a certain distance, but it's been long enough that I have no real recollection.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I did it a bit ago, but I think it's one of those things where you bring the object he wants and he gets the speech bubble saying he's ready to talk to you about the quest, and then you have to talk to him.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Jet Jaguar posted:

These are both a lot better than my Ultrahand-while-slow-walk method and now I regret the decision to do it that way. Perhaps I should have tried to build a balloon array to float them over.

If your solution doesn’t make you think “I wish Flight of the Valkyries was playing right now” it could probably be better.

I also did the ultra hand slow walk :effort:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I rolled them down the hill two or three at a time and thought I was clever but clearly I did not have a 3000 AD gigabrain

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Ultrahand slow walk is probably the fastest method by far.

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Might as well make them barrel-shaped so they roll downhill, even if you're not building anything elaborate

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Mymla posted:

I'm too gamer-brained for all the crazy contraptions I see clips of. As fun as it sounds to build a gleeok-eviscerating death machine, the most efficient way to do things is usually the most repetitive and least flashy, but I have to do it that way :negative:

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Mymla posted:

This is how I've done basically everything in the game. I don't really like building stuff and it's usually faster to just avoid building all together.

I'm also about 50 hours in and I've never upgraded my battery or used a zonai charge. I've never needed to. I feel like I am definitely missing the core concept here, but oh well.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
I just made a fifteen log bundle and then stuck a bunch of rockets on and pointed it in roughly the right direction.

I'm yet to discover a problem in the game I can't solve with rockets

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:hellyeah: All deliveries should be that cool

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Tunicate posted:

You pile the logs into a big ring and then roll the whole thing downhill

I did that. They broke apart long before they got there. It was less hassle to just clump them together and put wheels on them.

By big ring, I mean like a Ferris wheel. My kids thought it was pretty funny.

Murgos fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jul 9, 2023

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

ChocNitty posted:

When I needed to bring 15 logs to Lurelin village, I chopped down 15 trees, combined them into one huge block, and tried to use my strongest horse and trailer to try and tow it.

When I found out it was too heavy I just attached 4 big wheels and a steering stick to the logs and drove it there. Not sure if this was the right way or not.

This is what I did too. It was fun.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
If I start a new game does my old save get written over

I’m thinking of doing a slow run, wander aimlessly, no duping

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Steve Yun posted:

I think so

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

I’m thinking of doing a slow run, wander aimlessly, no duping

It does, just make a second Switch account and use that.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Yeah you can just make a new switch profile and play on that.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I have a throwaway account on my Switch that I use for parallel playthroughs, letting friends play through the opening of a game I’m showing them, etc. Works pretty well

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Bushiz posted:

I just made a fifteen log bundle and then stuck a bunch of rockets on and pointed it in roughly the right direction.

I'm yet to discover a problem in the game I can't solve with rockets

I keep seeing people talking about fusing things to shields that aren’t rockets, and I’m like … why

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Soricidus posted:

I keep seeing people talking about fusing things to shields that aren’t rockets, and I’m like … why

Rubies and sapphires on shields early game help immensely with weather changes. I still use the same shields when I don’t feel like changing armor

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Harriet Carker posted:

This is how I've done basically everything in the game. I don't really like building stuff and it's usually faster to just avoid building all together.

I'm also about 50 hours in and I've never upgraded my battery or used a zonai charge. I've never needed to. I feel like I am definitely missing the core concept here, but oh well.

:same:

I like the game overall but I just do not understand the appeal of building janky vehicles. I'll make an airplane or boat or whatever if I have to get somewhere, but if I can choose I'd rather just walk or horse.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh just how big can the Depths possibly be?

Oh. :stare:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Jerusalem posted:

Oh just how big can the Depths possibly be?

Oh. :stare:

It's huge! As big as the world map!
and each Light root is in the same place as the shrine above. The terrain is even inverted
As above, so below

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Starting over again

Spoilers:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Babe you forgot to take the lens cap off

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HootTheOwl posted:

It's huge! As big as the world map!
and each Light root is in the same place as the shrine above. The terrain is even inverted
As above, so below

Yeah, it made figuring out roughly where to head next a lot easier! Also, realizing that I could navigate my way past the giant walls by using the levels of the map to figure out where surface entrances were was a nice feeling :)

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Mymla posted:

:same:

I like the game overall but I just do not understand the appeal of building janky vehicles. I'll make an airplane or boat or whatever if I have to get somewhere, but if I can choose I'd rather just walk or horse.

A distinct advantage of using horses is they don't disappear when you walk into a shrine.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Steve Yun posted:

Babe you forgot to take the lens cap off

are you using your phone camera instead of the switch's screenshot button for this?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Yes and unfortunately I have a plasma tv which doesn’t photograph well

Actual spoiler for newcomers:

she was there from the very beginning

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Please just use the screenshot function

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

Just finished finding all of the Addison signs.

He says he goes back to Tarrey Town but I can't find him anywhere. Is he gone forever?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Edna Mode posted:

He says he goes back to Tarrey Town but I can't find him anywhere. Is he gone forever?

Ironically, he got held up along the way

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Luff posted:

Might as well make them barrel-shaped so they roll downhill, even if you're not building anything elaborate

I stuck the logs together into a lopsided wooden boulder, rolled down the cliff just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Edna Mode posted:

He‘ll be at whatever stable you go to and he’ll be watching the band. I assume you have to finish the band quests too so that they’re also there.