Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Stand Up For WWE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Codependent Poster posted:

lol at this forum being incapable of accepting that things they don't like can be good and enjoyed by others

This forum when a crowd enjoys a segment and it gets good ratings: "well actually nobody liked it and it wasn't good even though I didn't watch it but still post about it for some reason"

Just because people like something and it gets a good reaction doesn’t mean it’s good.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Stand Up For WWE

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

McDonalds hamburgers are the best because people eat them the most. The numbers dont lie and they spell disaster for you, PSPailures

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

weekly font posted:

McDonalds hamburgers are the best because people eat them the most. The numbers dont lie and they spell disaster for you, PSPailures

the kids in the ball pit were having a blast. i feel sorry for you if you can't appreciate that

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

*crowd claps like trained seals for any old poo poo Vince dishes out*

"See, the WWE Universe loved it, that means it's good! Checkmate goons :smug:"

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

the damned IWC

i wanted to acknowledge that wwe is really good (better than aew) but i follow the council's orders

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

weekly font posted:

when's the next TEW diary

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Cavauro posted:

when's the next TEW diary

Still working on getting a tew emulator workin :(

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Roman Reigns' push coincides with WWE losing 3 to 4 million viewers: Actually this Roman Reigns stuff is really good and popular guys.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

projecthalaxy posted:

Cody misunderstood what Cena meant when he said, "oh, you don't need a belt."

It’s also why Cody literally gives his belt away to a fan during his entrance.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

The people hating (myself included) have earned that right, having had to put up with the feds bullshit for years because there wasn’t a good weekly alternative

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Ringo Roadagain posted:

The people hating (myself included) have earned that right, having had to put up with the feds bullshit for years because there wasn’t a good weekly alternative

:agreed:

Also I don't know why anyone would come into a thread entitled "WWF: Ringtime for Hitler" and seriously expect people to be earnestly praising WWE in it

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Ringo Roadagain posted:

The good alternative would have been sending a tweet with your friend Mark

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Sydney Bottocks posted:

:agreed:

Also I don't know why anyone would come into a thread entitled "WWF: Ringtime for Hitler" and seriously expect people to be earnestly praising WWE in it

Lol I get it though. I think it's cringe when people whine about the stuff I like so it's only fair that we get cringed at.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

yea ok posted:

Lol I get it though. I think it's cringe when people whine about the stuff I like so it's only fair that we get cringed at.

It's a discussion thread, it's not our fault that most of the discussion just happens to center around "this company and its product sucks complete rear end"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the care gets heavy around here. shoo-wee

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I thought we already resolved this with the game day thread being for fans of the product and the general thread being for laughing at the product

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I thought we already resolved this with the game day thread being for fans of the product and the general thread being for laughing at the product

JUNGLE BOY posted:

We both know that’s not gonna happen. They can’t help themselves!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Sorry for whining about the company run by a rapist who treats their not-employees like slaves and the fans like the dummies they are :nyoron:

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Alan_Shore posted:

Sorry for whining about the company run by a rapist who treats their not-employees like slaves and the fans like the dummies they are :nyoron:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
WWE spent the last decade systematically running off half their fanbase to train the half that was left to believe whatever they tell them. This is the greatest story of all time and the greatest title reign of all time? Of course it is, Michael Cole said it is, so it is. It doesn't matter that they lost over 2 million fans to do it, they just have to stay ahead of the decline of TV and they'll get billions every five years.

I'm glad they did this because that 10 years of running people off created a niche for an alternative that I really enjoy watching.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I don’t even know what people are getting out of the Roman Angle at this point. Not to mention the people who are over right now aren’t getting used either. LA Knight is super over right now and wasn’t even on the show because Roman’s dinner theater act had to be 40 minutes long.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
Whenever I think about how unpopular WWE must be I remember there's EMF and although we're a smallish forum compared to the American population, if there's one here, there's lots everywhere.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I like to think there's a little EMF in all of us

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Rarity posted:

Unbelievable

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Rarity posted:

Idk I have yet to suffer from a gas leak

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Rarity posted:

i know a little place in my heart lights up when cody rhodes says hes going to give free apparel to a fan and actually follows through.....

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

weekly font posted:

McDonald’s burgers, like wwf matches, can be pretty decent sometimes

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

McDonald’s burgers, like wwf matches, can be pretty decent sometimes

They're the best in their industry, just like WWE

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Go to McDonald's for a PBE (Premium Burger Event)

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Go to McDonald's for a PBE (Premium Bowel Event)

Fixed while I go get Nuggets

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Rarity posted:

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
WWE fans don't like wrestling, they like the WWE Product and if that segment really went two full hours with no wrestling it would've still killed. The Fiend's matches are legendary horseshit and the whole getup is embarrassing, but people were losing their heads when he returned because the wrestling doesn't matter

the MCU comparison is accurate, saying Roman should get an Emmy is like when people say Captain America 2 is a political thriller- it's true if it's all you watch

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Winter Soldier is a great movie though.

Maybe you should pick something like Justice League

Edit: Batman vs Superman is very WWE actually

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Alan_Shore posted:

Edit: Batman vs Superman is very WWE actuallyfo

I know what the poster is referring to, there were all these comparisons between Winter Soldier and Three Days of the Condor (and other 70s political thrillers) which is just very funny and stupid in an adorable way if you’ve seen both. The only thing they had in common was Robert Redford.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
I used to think Winter Soldier was one of the good ones too until I rewatched it and realized how boring the direction was and turned it off halfway through

much like the last wwe show I watched :twisted:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jiro posted:

Fixed while I go get Nuggets

Sounds like you’re gonna end up with nuggets

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Alan_Shore posted:

Edit: Batman vs Superman is very WWE actually

Sami is Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, because they are both the only good think in this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the comic book films all compare to wwe very closely, but i understand how someone might not see the bigger picture here on Earth, and be stuck dissecting and arranging the same little group of garbage. it's not my call.