Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
The famous Welsh stronghold, 'Al'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Damnit Mary, you need to get your meddling rear end out there to save some dogs. This is taking as long as the Phantom did to save Savarna.

No. It's not even close.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

So, did you tell the cops where you found the dachshund? The dogfighting ring is probably near there. Just sayin'.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Does anyone at the syndicate read Computoon? I’m getting worried about Boyce. I understand the joke at a conceptual level, but the expression in the caption is unclear in a way that makes me wonder if something is wrong.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

riderchop posted:

On The Fastrack

So now she's actively trying to make work more miserable for everyone. Next she's going to explain how unions are bad because they hurt the boss' feelings.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

"and remember what I taught you, use the Bandar tongue."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

why yes, I am incredibly immature. :smug:

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Bruceski posted:

Congratulations, you get to learn that today! It's magical, the news coverage of it used to get passed around on VHS tapes, made it to the early Web and was one of the first videos on Youtube. Among some of us here in Oregon it's an unofficial State holiday.

Nobody got hurt (the whale was already dead) so you're allowed to laugh.

If you want the Australian primary school experience, please feel free to read this short story (Greensleeves, in case the link/borrow checker doesn't put you on the correct page) from Paul Jennings' Uncanny

https://archive.org/details/uncanny0000jenn_z7l8/page/78/mode/2up?view=theater

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

thisusedyet posted:

Think Martinez is getting shanked running his second practice?

Martinez will coach the Sharks, Thorpe will coach the Jets. GAME ON!

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1943

Pluggers

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

manero posted:

Pluggers

oh no, jack o'neill is a plugger

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Peanuts (July 10, 1976)

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire and the Curse of Tangaroa!

Popeye

Skippy's Own Book Of Comics

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I hope the sea claims the Forth parents. The kid is okay, she can live.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

"You drat fools! You blew it up!"

Vargo posted:

Wallace the Brave

That seagull all week. :3:

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

FoxTrot

It's like the inverse of

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 7/6-8/03

Rob is reading Woody Allen's Getting Even, if you were wondering.

Stephen Collins

Brenda Starr 4/26-28/51

B-Bomb is a Lou Thesz fan, no doubt.

I suspect Messick was answering some of her reader mail in that last one.

Smokey Stover 9/4/55

Everyday Movies 8/1/36

"I hate, though, to break it off entirely. Supposing later on I find out I was in love with him?"

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 10/23-25/41

This guy, Jimmy Olsen, and Pesky Miller: separated at birth?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Doomykins posted:

:lol:

F Minus

Mark Trail

Shoulda known the exploding whale story was coming.

Mary Worth

Muffins are probably really good stakeout food for real.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

I thought that was some kind of holy halo surrounding him at first.

Flash Gordon

Angor knocks and the door opens!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

This dog fighting story will rule if Mary actually messes that jackass up.

Jucika "128 - Jucika's Kick-off"

"129 - Jucika And The Csárdás"

"Csárdás is a traditional Hungarian folk dance."

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
How is turning invisible going to help Scarlet write an advice column?

I mean, I get that it's going to but...

Selachian posted:

Stephen Collins

:wom:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

spookygonk posted:

"and remember what I taught you, use the Bandar tongue."

:lol:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hippocrass posted:

she'll ghostwrite it

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Hippocrass posted:

You took the words right out of my mouth.

I'm waiting for the kitchen toilet reveal.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Hippocrass posted:

The famous Welsh stronghold, 'Al'.

It's "Ai," not "Al," the lettering is all capitals. I think it's an exclamation: "Aye" spelled differently

Doomykins posted:

:lol: Same

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

Kinmokusei is one of those plants found only in East Asia that has quite a few English names, none of which were familiar to me, so I went with the nicest-sounding one, “tea olive.” It really does smell nice.

After School Ghost Stories

The end! No moral, other than perhaps “don’t let someone punch your doppelganger death specter.” (My reading is that punching the death specter caused some sympathetic-magic thing to happen to make Abeken get punched.)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

I still don't understand how they were able to make a reservation at a resort that doesn't actually exist yet.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

I'm now sympathizing more with the neighbors who think the Forths are weird ghouls. :v:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Some Guy TT posted:

I still don't understand how they were able to make a reservation at a resort that doesn't actually exist yet.

Fraud.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Doomykins posted:

I'm now sympathizing more with the neighbors who think the Forths are weird ghouls. :v:

Yeah, are we setting the Forths up to be replaced by Emma and her family?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Ugh, these low class hicks, celebratin' and havin' some fun instead of ironing their shirts or preparing their taxes or whatever it is responsible people do after work in Rex Morgan's universe. Absolute filth. I'm glad he shot his eye out.

Giant Ethicist posted:

After School Ghost Stories

The end! No moral, other than perhaps “don’t let someone punch your doppelganger death specter.” (My reading is that punching the death specter caused some sympathetic-magic thing to happen to make Abeken get punched.)

Dang, I was getting into this one. Really too bad it didn't catch on.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Julet Esqu posted:

Dang, I was getting into this one. Really too bad it didn't catch on.
Yeah, I like that the pacing and setup of it mirrors a lot of Japanese creepypasta (full disclosure, I've only read translations of Japanese creepypasta I'm not like super familiar with it), but it's also like, just kids being silly kids. To clarify, I've seen the recurring trope in Japanese creepypasta where the creepy thing doesn't happen to the person supposedly telling the story, but it's secondhand 'my friend, who comes from a long tradition of spirit mediums, told me this cool story about something creepy that happened [to him/to his grandfather/to someone his family works with]', isn't it interesting?'

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Powerful Katrinka posted:

It's "Ai," not "Al," the lettering is all capitals. I think it's an exclamation: "Aye" spelled differently

:thejoke:

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Shame, I liked After School Ghost Stories, or what there was of it.

PetraCore posted:

Yeah, I like that the pacing and setup of it mirrors a lot of Japanese creepypasta (full disclosure, I've only read translations of Japanese creepypasta I'm not like super familiar with it), but it's also like, just kids being silly kids. To clarify, I've seen the recurring trope in Japanese creepypasta where the creepy thing doesn't happen to the person supposedly telling the story, but it's secondhand 'my friend, who comes from a long tradition of spirit mediums, told me this cool story about something creepy that happened [to him/to his grandfather/to someone his family works with]', isn't it interesting?'

It reminded me a bit of a fun little manga I remember reading, can't remember what it was called, but it was a series of short ghost stories I think mostly set around a school? I remember one of the stories was about a creepy loving ghost that tries to talk to lone people in one of the halls and you're just supposed to not look at him and pretend he's not there. There wasn't anything more to the story, just a vignette about a girl walking down the hallway after school one day and trying to ignore it, but it was pretty drat effective.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

The joke sucked

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Selachian posted:

Everyday Movies 8/1/36

"I hate, though, to break it off entirely. Supposing later on I find out I was in love with him?"

Low key love this strip. The outfit Tom the right is so tossed together the artist has to be taking notes in the field. Heels with industrial pants and a razorback swim top? Awesome.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 1/18-20/51

You knew a "jam session" pun was inevitable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZv6hL6aYfQ

Archie 9/14/47

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Julet Esqu posted:

Ugh, these low class hicks, celebratin' and havin' some fun instead of ironing their shirts or preparing their taxes or whatever it is responsible people do after work in Rex Morgan's universe. Absolute filth. I'm glad he shot his eye out.

The strip was very clear about them shooting off fireworks several days after the 4th. Speaking as someone with two sensitive dogs: gently caress that guy