Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Buck Wildman posted:

it's like watching texas chainsaw massacre and being upset it's not more feminist

no it isn’t lol
like every positive review of persona 5 mentions its themes and its portrayal of progressive teenage rebellion as strong points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Grey Fox posted:

the vibe in SF6 is absolutely mesmerizing; I actually have to force myself to take breaks or else I'm gonna tear up my thumb and I can't play at all

after I finish FFXVI I’m tempted to give SF6 a try but I’ll be honest my thumbs already hurt from his square spam, and I don’t mean the company!

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

who created the cspam battlebits clan?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

idk but they should invite me

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Augus posted:

no it isn’t lol
like every positive review of persona 5 mentions its themes and its portrayal of progressive teenage rebellion as strong points

those reviewers are morons

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Real hurthling! posted:

i get to deny bullshit wifi losers

that reminds me, i used to play this late 90s MMO CTF shooter game called Infantry Online and i used to gently caress with my dial-up/dsl upload speed so i was always warping around on people's screens. it was great, generated lots of rage qq-ing about laggers

you could even do that in some half-life 1 mod games to get kills "around the corner" from other people's perspectives

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
what was the 90s RTS game where the online ruleset was stored in a .txt file and you could edit the price of everything to 1 in notepad

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Frog Act posted:

idk but they should invite me

the name ClaymoreSPAM is taken
and the tag cspam is taken

sigh~~~

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/TopMarx420/status/1678174533998477312?t=ChpqyJPJdYJTp2lK2HvVXg&s=19

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

getting a lot of Failed msgs tho. they hate me cause im on linux, typical....

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
is bg3 marxist

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

the bear won't tell

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Lpzie posted:

the name ClaymoreSPAM is taken
and the tag cspam is taken

sigh~~~

gently caress I didn’t even think about the obvious relationship between those abbreviations and how quickly that would happen. anyway if someone does start a clan I’d join even though I think it confers no measurable benefits and an embarrassing tag

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Xaris posted:

that reminds me, i used to play this late 90s MMO CTF shooter game called Infantry Online and i used to gently caress with my dial-up/dsl upload speed so i was always warping around on people's screens. it was great, generated lots of rage qq-ing about laggers

you could even do that in some half-life 1 mod games to get kills "around the corner" from other people's perspectives

infantry fuckin ruled. also that playerbase was small enough we probably killed each other quite a few times

i think my dial up was just lovely enough i laghacked naturally

Cuttlefush has issued a correction as of 00:15 on Jul 10, 2023

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I don't understand anything that's happening here but maybe I'd like to. how is this fumbling the bag, what kind of game is BG3, why is it called the panel from hell

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Cuttlefush posted:

infantry fuckin ruled. also that playerbase was small enough we probably killed each other quite a few times

i think my dial up was just lovely enough i laghacked naturally

it was actually a really popular game in it's heydey before Sony made it P2P. it may have been one of the most played "MMO" at the time. then P2P effectively killed it dead overnight. my favorite was CTF:Extreme and going around with a solo 30k bounty sci-op just stun gloving or masering through walls. 30k bounty solo medic also ruled but they nerfed traqns

or Skirmish Blitzkrieg and sitting in a tank on a hill lobbing HE shells

Xaris has issued a correction as of 00:19 on Jul 10, 2023

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

indigi posted:

I don't understand anything that's happening here but maybe I'd like to. how is this fumbling the bag, what kind of game is BG3, why is it called the panel from hell

BG3 is a game where you gently caress bears, enough said

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
sony hosed up by putting that one artist Yankee guy in charge of it all tho

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

indigi posted:

if they had made any political statement there that would have ignited a very stupid discourse and constitute an actual bag fumble, you’re absolutely right and I think anyone but a specific type of twitter poster would disagree

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

watching the bear loving scene, gears turning, ghost of lenin looming ever closer as frost forms on the windows

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Xaris posted:

it was actually a really popular game in it's heydey before Sony made it P2P. it may have been one of the most played "MMO" at the time. my favorite was CTF:Extreme and going around with a solo 30k bounty sci-op just stun gloving or masering through walls. 30k bounty solo medic also ruled but they nerfed traqns

or Skirmish Blitzkrieg and sitting in a tank on a hill lobbing HE shells

wasn't it still pretty small pre-SOE pay wall? like sub-1k? i played a shitload of CTF and Skirmish too and didnt really delve into any of the other temporaryish modes until I'd been playing a while.

I guess it kinda got revived? https://www.freeinfantry.com/

wonder if anyone's playing

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

wait the game lets you date a bear? why

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

indigi posted:

Baldurs gate 3 is the third game in a famous series of crpgs. It's being made by crazy bonkers cuckoopants Belgians who are also very good at making games. The panel from hell is what they call their regular public updates on development. Thanks to all these things, we now know that, in the game they are making that is being released on Aug 3, you can gently caress a literal bear

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Augus posted:

no it isn’t lol

The first act of Persona 5 is about Ann being sexually harassed and why that’s bad, and then in Act 2 the party members sexually harass Ann, which is played as comedy. Even as someone who likes the series overall, that’s… not great.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Everyone is still going to buy the game

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Frog Act posted:

if they had made any political statement there that would have ignited a very stupid discourse and constitute an actual bag fumble, you’re absolutely right and I think anyone but a specific type of twitter poster would disagree

Was there really no better answer to "what moral or theme are we supposed to take from your story?" than "have fun"?

Like, it doesn't have to remark on capitalism, jokes aside, but "it's about overcoming obstacles in life" is something I think could pass muster even if you were describing something as smoothed-down as a Disney live action remake.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

I will

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

thank you, exactly my point

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

indigi posted:

"We choose to do these things not because they are easy, but because they are, uh"

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

indigi posted:

someone didn't watch the press show

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i bought the game before you knew you could gently caress a bear

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

The first act of Persona 5 is about Ann being sexually harassed and why that’s bad, and then in Act 2 the party members sexually harass Ann, which is played as comedy. Even as someone who likes the series overall, that’s… not great.

yeah one thing you can rely on the Persona series writers for is to be consistently inconsistent. they do it in all three games in a way that it's hard to believe it's a coincidence. (also lazy plot contrivances in general but hell that happens in most media)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

indigi posted:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Al! posted:

i bought the game before you knew you could gently caress a dwarf

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

wait can you date a bear or just gently caress a bear. this is a n important question

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
new ive bought 5 copies

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

gradenko_2000 posted:

Was there really no better answer to "what moral or theme are we supposed to take from your story?" than "have fun"?

Like, it doesn't have to remark on capitalism, jokes aside, but "it's about overcoming obstacles in life" is something I think could pass muster even if you were describing something as smoothed-down as a Disney live action remake.

It's a dumb tweet and they said the right thing imo

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
gonna kill that loving bear and cook it

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

people are so fuckin stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010