Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

tony quidtana posted:

remember when I said alonso was terrible at developing the car at the beginning of the year and that his podiums were gonna be as good as it gets and people told me that can't be true. lol. lmao.

You throw enough dumb bullshit at the wall that eventually something is going to stick just out of coincidence. Doesn’t mean you have any actual insight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
On the rewarch that defense by Lando was super impressive against Hamilton.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

MustardFacial posted:

You throw enough dumb bullshit at the wall that eventually something is going to stick just out of coincidence. Doesn’t mean you have any actual insight.

buddy khblam is the only one with a microsoft access database of my posts and everyone hates him because he likes max, nobody else cares to track that poo poo. the system works.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Arc Hammer posted:

On the rewarch that defense by Lando was super impressive against Hamilton.

yeah, some really great driving

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
700+ posts. Was it good?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

ilmucche posted:

700+ posts. Was it good?

Yes

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Listening to the end of race radio calls and both Ferrari drivers are utterly broken

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ilmucche posted:

700+ posts. Was it good?

Best race since Montreal.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

Listening to the end of race radio calls and both Ferrari drivers are utterly broken

Turns out it wasn't just Binotto

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

tony quidtana posted:

buddy khblam is the only one with a microsoft access database of my posts and everyone hates him because he likes max, nobody else cares to track that poo poo. the system works.

his point is that no one remembers and more importantly no one gives a goddamn. lol. lmao.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

So...why does everyone hate Russell?

I get that he seemed like a dick when he rammed Bottas but he seemed pretty genuine when he got his first podium. I'll admit, him running to check on Zhou seemed kind of performative.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

So...why does everyone hate Russell?

I get that he seemed like a dick when he rammed Bottas but he seemed pretty genuine when he got his first podium. I'll admit, him running to check on Zhou seemed kind of performative.

Schroedinger's Tory

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Must be a British thing. I'm a George fan!

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I just think it's an affront to God that Mercedes animated a wax figurine to become their best driver

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
he whines too much on the radio (even though it was funny when he was behind Lewis in some race and was like "I'm faster I should go through" from like 4+ sec behind)

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Alaois posted:

Schroedinger's Tory

it even rhymes with cat

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

He's a bit too whiny (which is saying something in F1) and was a bit overhyped. People were expecting him to challenge Lewis which I think is quite the brain damaged take

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006
Really enjoyed that race, good to see the mclarens up there!

I think we were kinda expecting things to slow down a bit mid season at Aston, we've just moved into a new building and it's been a bit crazy there for a few weeks. We could have moved during the shutdown in August, but I think the higher ups wanted us to be in there before Silverstone.

It was very weird last week, the building has a kind of central main street running all the way through it. This became a kind of dining area and guest showroom, meaning people were eating while we were working like 10 feet away behind soundproof glass. Very strange working environment.

Fingers crossed we can turn things around a bit for the next few races! I'm expecting us to come in 4th in the constructors, which is a nice improvement over last year and I think most of us will be happy with it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

HampHamp posted:

Really enjoyed that race, good to see the mclarens up there!

I think we were kinda expecting things to slow down a bit mid season at Aston, we've just moved into a new building and it's been a bit crazy there for a few weeks. We could have moved during the shutdown in August, but I think the higher ups wanted us to be in there before Silverstone.

It was very weird last week, the building has a kind of central main street running all the way through it. This became a kind of dining area and guest showroom, meaning people were eating while we were working like 10 feet away behind soundproof glass. Very strange working environment.

Fingers crossed we can turn things around a bit for the next few races! I'm expecting us to come in 4th in the constructors, which is a nice improvement over last year and I think most of us will be happy with it.

So while I wouldn't really call it a slump (AM hasn't binned it nearly as badly as Checo lately) do you think that the busy move to the new building has had an effect on car development?

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldel4jyUOPo

Every Driver's Radio At The End Of Their Race | 2023 British Grand Prix

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
There is nothing to like in any of Max's radio messages. They always talk like it's a hard fought race or super dynamic but it's the most boring clinical poo poo

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Arc Hammer posted:

There is nothing to like in any of Max's radio messages. They always talk like it's a hard fought race or super dynamic but it's the most boring clinical poo poo

it's two grown men mugging for the audience based on what they believe normal people would say to each other after a close race

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

FAUXTON posted:

it's two grown men mugging for the audience based on what they believe normal people would say to each other after a close race

I was talking about Verstappen not Russell.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

George has suffered a bit due to Sky spending the entire back half of the 2021 season asking Toto when he was booting out Bottas and getting George in the seat, when there was an actual championship fight occurring that they could have focused on

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

MustardFacial posted:

I thought you were RPM?

I couldn't get away with that haircut.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

tony quidtana posted:

People were expecting him to challenge Lewis which I think is quite the brain damaged take

?? He finished ahead of Hamilton last year.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

I can't believe all the fair weather fans who doubted Lando and became Krack Addicts and replaced their gang tags...

POG CHAMP :lando:

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Arc Hammer posted:

another week, another win

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

(weakly)

“ha ha ha… yes”

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006

Arc Hammer posted:

So while I wouldn't really call it a slump (AM hasn't binned it nearly as badly as Checo lately) do you think that the busy move to the new building has had an effect on car development?

It's definitely had an effect, although it's hard to quantify. Some parts of the building are still being put together, I think R and D especially is only now becoming usable.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

refleks posted:

I can't believe all the fair weather fans who doubted Lando and became Krack Addicts and replaced their gang tags...

POG CHAMP :lando:

Never lost faith.

Arc Hammer posted:

He just sounds incredibly bored, which contrasts heavily with Horner's practiced voice of history enthusiasm because he expects these milestone races to have their end of race radio to be replayed forever even though no-one in a year will care about RBR winning 11 races in a row.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Grevlek posted:

Turns out it wasn't just Binotto

RPM was right. Fire every Italian.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Watching the DTS episode about Piastri switching teams after this race this weekend was divine. A smug Otmar acting like he somehow ended up owning Maclaren by giving them Piastri while he got Gasly is :discourse: And I say that as someone who likes Gasly.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I think you're about to watch some DeVries hot-takes that have made this season fun to watch.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Watching the DTS episode about Piastri switching teams after this race this weekend was divine. A smug Otmar acting like he somehow ended up owning Maclaren by giving them Piastri while he got Gasly is :discourse: And I say that as someone who likes Gasly.

I stick to the conspiracy theory that Alonso reached out to his buddy Webber to coordinate the double gently caress-you to Otmar losing both himself and Piastri. Seb announces he's retiring and Nando chooses to gently caress the entire grid for fun.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
So how long before DeVries gets fired?

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
He already is, just only he doesn't know it for sure yet. I don't think there's any realistic scenario he's still driving that car after the break. RB leadership absolutely have the switch to Lawson in motion.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Huh, so top three in F2 (Lawson came in third in 2022) gets you 40 superlicense points which is enough for F1.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Are there betting odds for who the next red bull driver will be? A quick Google didn't turn up much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Arc Hammer posted:

I was talking about Verstappen not Russell.

Russell would probably melt like the dude from the lost ark if he tried to relate